• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

If I'm forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaykay9.0

If you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior and you are attempting to walk in a way that would be pleasing to Him (NOT perfect, let me emphasize, because OCD could take that statement and run with it!) If you are confessing known sins and asking for forgiveness (Again, by that I do NOT mean analyzing every little bitty thing!!!!) then I would say that your "feelings" of not being forgiven are simply unreliable and just another indication of struggling with OCD.

Even people who do not struggle with OCD have feelings that are totally unreliable at times. Our feelings are not necessarily an adequate spiritual barometer. Do you know what I'm saying?

Upvote 0
P

picassoui

I don't understand if I'm forgiven, then why do I feel unforgiven?

feelings have nothing to do with being forgiven...

Dwight L Moody famous evangelist encountered a woman who said :"I have been searching for Jesus for two years now .. He said ..There must be some mistake" She asked : Well you don't you believe me? He replied : "No doubt you thought you were searching for Jesus but it doesn't take two years for an anxious sinner to find an anxious savior "..What you must do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ .. The woman was furious : '' Oh believe believe believe i have heard it so much i am sick of it .I don't know what it means ..." Well Moody said then lets change the word to trust" ... The woman said : Well if i say that i trust him will he save me ..? NO Moody replied : I don't say that ..You might SAY a thousand things but if you do trust him he will save you.
The Woman said : Well i do trust him but i don't feel any better .. Ahh Moody said : I 've got it ..You have been looking for feelings for two years instead of for Jesus , Faith is from up above not from down here .. He went on to explain this problem then he said to the Woman: Say like Job if he slay me yet will i trust him. The woman without saying a sinners prayer said to Mister Moody . I trust the Lord Jesus Christ to save my soul tonight
and she went out and said the same to two other men at the meeting .The next night Moody found her in the inquiry room and wondered why she was there, he apProached and saw her comforting a lady and saying .." It's only to trust him, I have found it so .."

Feelings tell you nothing about whether or not you are forgiven .. Have you ever seen a rock standing out in the sea , the waves go high the waves go low that ebb and flow they change like the wind that is the same way with feelings but the word Christ like the rock stands in the midst strong unfailing and providing a sanctuary .

Forgiveness has nothing to do with feelings Christ did not die so that we could feel jolly keen he died so that we might be saved.

FAITH + NOTHING = SALVATION

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.