Helena
✟207,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
People wont have responsibility over other people in heaven. That's not to say that if a group of people want to achieve something that needs a group effort, then they may have to organize themselves into some sort of structure but if a person does not want to belong to a group and just do their own thing then nothing will compel then to join a group.
Its like being a multi millionaire here, as long as you follow the laws of the govt you can do what you want. In Heaven, as long as you follow Gods laws, which will be written in out hearts, we can do as we please.

Jesus said some would be delegated authority over cities, multiple cities in some cases.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said some would be delegated authority over cities, multiple cities in some cases.
Perhaps in the 1000 year reign but probably not in heaven. Any authority should be read as responsibility. If I don't want to live in a city I'll just live in the country, its not like I will need a house or have to eat or anything, I can sleep wherever I please, or stay with friends etc. If I want to do something in the city/s I'm sure my resurrected spiritual body will be able to just teleport there.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps in the 1000 year reign but probably not in heaven. Any authority should be read as responsibility. If I don't want to live in a city I'll just live in the country, its not like I will need a house or have to eat or anything, I can sleep wherever I please, or stay with friends etc. If I want to do something in the city/s I'm sure my resurrected spiritual body will be able to just teleport there.

yes, it's responsibility. I'm not saying that someone put over you is going to rule like a tyrant they're going to rule like Christ would rule, or Christ wouldn't delegate that authority to them, and likely, since those in the city won't be committing crimes to be judged (in eternity that is), it WOULD be things as you suggested, community event organization.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
This brings up another question; will we really? We know that everyone will be rewarded uniquely for their service to Christ on earth. So it makes sense that those who are rewarded the most will be positionally greater as royalty in heaven then those who were weak or idle Christians on earth. I don't expect to be equal with someone like Charles Spurgeon in heaven.

"Not everyone that says to me Lord Lord" - we don't know who will make it to heaven and who won't - we can only assume.

Maybe I'm wrong but even if there will be different positions held on the new Earth - some which are greater than others - equality stands alone and stands for all.
Unlike in this world because one holds a higher position one is treated, looked upon with more respect, more honor, given more prestige. To be treated equal one will be looked upon, treated with the same honor and respect regardless of what position they hold.

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If everyone in heaven is a king and queen unto Christ, then what good is that title anymore? If everyone is the same royalty, then where is the differentiation? If everyone in the US were president, then who would really be in charge? If everyone is royalty, then no one is... I don't get it
May God Bless You. Heaven is NOT one big place. It is divided into levels. First heaven if for the souls that barely made it to heaven and the seventh heaven is for royalty. Someone like Mother Theresa would be at the higher level!

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm seeing some potentially fruitful threads:

"Why there was no religious worship in Eden"
"If everyone in heaven is royalty, then nobody is"

It goes back to my thread about God's own meaning is no meaning.

When you do away with concepts of distinctions, then you do away with the system that created those concepts. If there is no sin in heaven, then what is the concept of good there? If there will be no kingdom but Christ's, then is it even proper to call it a kingdom, a term that has a worldly context? A nation is a nation because there are other nations. Do away with the distinction and the concept disappears. A Jew and Greek in Christ are one, for example.

This is why heaven is really undefinable.
It would be proper to discuss what it is not, than what it is like.
If you resolve a question is there a question? And if there isn't a question, then why did we think there ever was one?

Human terminology isn't fact, but handles, or envelopes, by which we organize human concepts. It's too easy to let words get in our way. They turn on themselves and logic comes up with madness, if we don't have a bit of healthy self-skepticism.

Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
"Not everyone that says to me Lord Lord" - we don't know who will make it to heaven and who won't - we can only assume.

Maybe I'm wrong but even if there will be different positions held on the new Earth - some which are greater than others - equality stands alone and stands for all.
Unlike in this world because one holds a higher position one is treated, looked upon with more respect, more honor, given more prestige. To be treated equal one will be looked upon, treated with the same honor and respect regardless of what position they hold.
You have a point. This principle is visible even within the Trinity.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sheila Davis
Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"
You are just saying everyone will be treated with courtesy and politeness. However i'd say the apostles will probably have years of open invites to dinners with people whereas someone who became a Christian on their death bed & otherwise lived an ordinary life, maybe not so much, though everyone will still act politely and courteously with them.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May God Bless You. Heaven is NOT one big place. It is divided into levels. First heaven if for the souls that barely made it to heaven and the seventh heaven is for royalty. Someone like Mother Theresa would be at the higher level!
On what basis do you base your belief of multiple levels of heaven where different 'grades' of Christian will dwell?

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you are a royal priest from the moment you are saved and in that way you are a minister of the gospel and have an inheritance in Christ when he receives you home. The difference if everyone is sort of the same is really what is it you have in common. Imagine thinking in hell everyone is sort of equal being there and all but I am sure some have greater torment than another. The same in heaven is we are their in Christ saved and priests will offer praise, worship and who knows what other activities will occupy our eternity. If you lived in a city with no crime, poverty, pollution, want, or social problems would you complain about being an average citizen there or be grateful to be a citizen there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
You are just saying everyone will be treated with courtesy and politeness. However i'd say the apostles will probably have years of open invites to dinners with people whereas someone who became a Christian on their death bed & otherwise lived an ordinary life, maybe not so much, though everyone will still act politely and courteously with them.

Your views are noted!
Scripture tells us that nothing of this Earth will be remembered or thought of _ Isaiah 65:17.
Equality when used means more than politeness and courtesy.
Verd usage of equality means to be looked at as identical in value
Definition of EQUAL

Value defined as: worth / importance / quality.
Definition of VALUE

Wish I could say we will know absolutely when it's all said and done but scripture clearly tells us we will have no remembrance of anything that happened upon this Earth - so.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your views are noted!
Scripture tells us that nothing of this Earth will be remembered or thought of _ Isaiah 65:17.
Equality when used means more than politeness and courtesy.
Verd usage of equality means to be looked at as identical in value
Definition of EQUAL

Value defined as: worth / importance / quality.
Definition of VALUE

Wish I could say we will know absolutely when it's all said and done but scripture clearly tells us we will have no remembrance of anything that happened upon this Earth - so.
I'd say that Isaiah 65:17 is more likely saying that the things of this world, the cares, concerns, problems, pains etc won't matter anymore in the new Earth. I don't think it means it won't be remembered or remeberable, as in I don't expect to have my memory wiped.

I can still think or remember things that i thought were a big deal to me as a child, maybe even had a tantrum over, but now as an adult, these things just don't matter anymore and have no meaning or impact in my life any more.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'd say that Isaiah 65:17 is more likely saying that the things of this world, the cares, concerns, problems, pains etc won't matter anymore in the new Earth. I don't think it means it won't be remembered or remeberable, as in I don't expect to have my memory wiped.

I can still think or remember things that i thought were a big deal to me as a child, maybe even had a tantrum over, but now as an adult, these things just don't matter anymore and have no meaning or impact in my life any more.

We are all entitled to have different views whether we will remember this old heaven and Earth in our new glorious, heavenly bodies. The Creator can wipe a memory clean of this life if he's so chooses after all scripture does say that our thoughts are not his thoughts, our ways are not his ways - we don't know what God will or will not do concerning our minds our bodies we only have our personal assumptions.

While we are on this Earth in these earthly bodies, made from the dust of the Earth, we will remember some things of this life and forget others. According to human research the subconscious mind remembers everything done on this Earth.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are all entitled to have different views whether we will remember this old heaven and Earth in our new glorious, heavenly bodies. The Creator can wipe a memory clean of this life if he's so chooses after all scripture does say that our thoughts are not his thoughts, our ways are not his ways - we don't know what God will or will not do concerning our minds our bodies we only have our personal assumptions.

While we are on this Earth in these earthly bodies, made from the dust of the Earth, we will remember some things of this life and forget others. According to human research the subconscious mind remembers everything done on this Earth.
Do you expect to forget who your husband was or who your parents and siblings are, your children or pets. Just how far will this memory wipe go? As stated, i don't think our memories will be wiped, they just won't matter, or at least the bad / painful parts.

The verse from Isaiah could also have been meant to be from Gods point of view, so He will forget the sins/transgressions of our past lives and the rebellion of his creation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Okay. Please refer to post #7

What does "reward" mean in the context of our Lord's teaching on the kingdom? How does our Lord teach and talk about what true treasure and true value is? He says that whoever seeks their life shall lose it, but whoever gives it away shall find it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Again _ your view is heard.
I did not say God was going to wipe our minds I said he could if he wanted to. God hardened the heart of pharaoh, in Romans 9:18 tells us God will harden the hearts of whomever he chooses, so if he chooses to wipe a person's memory he could.
God is speaking of man as well as himself in Isaiah chapter 65. It's a matter of interpretation - again - some Christians believe man will forget _ others believe man will remember. To each his own belief.
What is important is Christ and the salvation he brings.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
People wont have responsibility over other people in heaven.

Maybe not in the spiritual heaven, but...
...Ever looked up at the night sky?

There are a LOT of stars out there.

Wonder what they are all for...
Wonder who they are all for...

Luke 19:11-27

Just a thought

Reactions: Sheila Davis
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe not in the spiritual heaven, but...
...Ever looked up at the night sky?

There are a LOT of stars out there.

Luke 19:11-27

Just a thought

And that's in the visible universe including with scientific telescopes _ what lies beyond that.

• Agree
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are there to bear witness to God's existence, His power and His glory. They are for us now.
There are no other people or intelligent beings on other planets, we're it. Maybe some plants and lower animals but that's it. This universe is a throw away universe. Once God's plan of salvation has run its course this universe is destroyed, burned up, and replaced by the new Heavens and Earth.

This universe probably does not even represent 1% of Gods true creative power, that will be in the new heavens and earth. Thats where there will be a whole new cosmos and universe/s to explore and do things in.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If everyone in heaven is a king and queen unto Christ, then what good is that title anymore? If everyone is the same royalty, then where is the differentiation? If everyone in the US were president, then who would really be in charge? If everyone is royalty, then no one is... I don't get it
Where are we king and queen?

Upvote 0