If by patience, you possess your soul, to the end - you will not enter tribulation

I practice patience...

• ...ten minutes a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...twenty minutes a day

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ...forty minutes a day

• ...an hour a day

• ...two hours a day

• ...three hours a day

• ...half a day

• ...three quarters of a day

• ...all day

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So Jesus gave us a very clear command that can be interpreted as a promise (when it comes to salvation): He said "By patience possess your souls" (Luke 21:19). He also said "He who endures to the end will be saved" (Matthew 24:13). If you combine these two things, the power of the word abiding in you, will deliver you from tribulation (this is the love that John practiced, as was promised through him to the church of Philadelphia (Revelation 3)).

There are many ways of practicing patience, that cannot be covered here, but if you keep the focus Jesus gave - "the soul" - eventually you will reach the end of your practice and in principle receive the reward that Revelation describes as that which is with Christ (Revelation 22:12). It is giving God the glory for this reward, that "saves" Christ - in principle. Christ became sin, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21), if then Christ can forgive Himself for becoming sin (for our sakes), then He is united with God again in a new way (and with the new way comes a new reward). This is what it means when it talks about Christ making all things new (Revelation 21:5).

You are not supposed to be more or less patient than your brothers in Christ, but in praticing patience together, saving your souls together. This is the expression of the new commandment that we love one another (John 13:34) - that is, that we love the rest our brothers and sisters have developed in devotion to God. The whole point of me putting this here is to provoke you to practice patience, as the one speaking to you practices patience. By taking advantage of your attention, I am also pointing out that there is a benefit to continuing in this vein to the end: that is, that you will overcome the tribulation that the world faces. The reward we receive is not of this world - therefore I have said that the reward will save you, from the tribulation that the world faces.

I hope you practice patience, like me - I practice for at least forty minutes every day - and I have come to see these things as being connected, just as I am connected to my soul. In time I will possess my soul and having said this to you, will encourage me. I hope to encourage you for the rest of your life - that is why I stressed that you ought to do it for as long as God has given you. I will be doing it for as long as I have (left). You really don't want to try and hold on to anything but your soul - therefore God will add to you life, until you have your soul.

In everything I have said, have peace - for if you possess your soul in peace, you will have it in great strength.

God bless these words to you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I hope you practice patience, like me - I practice for at least forty minutes every day - and I have come to see these things as being connected, just as I am connected to my soul. In time I will possess my soul .

???

I was following your post - right up until then.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
By patience you possess your soul I think basically he's sayings when pressure or problems are on don't fall apart like a two dollar watch and have some endurance about you or in a modern way of saying it, stop freaking out every time there's something you have to go through. We're not to allow our minds to become so unstable and we're to walk in faith and the joy of the Lord at all times.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"So Jesus gave us a very clear command that can be interpreted as a promise (when it comes to salvation):" Context.. what your talking about is not what He was saying to Jews. Yeah He had not died yet and was not talking to one Christian.

Hmm what are you? A body that has a soul or a soul that lives in a body? Yeah this body goes back to dust so where are you then? Again He had not died yet

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,055,458.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But how can you practice it if it's not in front of you? Something that requires patience would have to be in front of you to practice patience.
:oldthumbsup:
Yes, if we succeed at everything first time, if the bus always arrives when we get to the stop, if we never have to wait in a queue , if we learn new lessons, new languages or new things instantly and nothing ever goes wrong; there is no opportunity to be patient.
To practice patience you would have to go to the supermarket and deliberately join the longest queue. Or teach yourself to knit/crochet/sew; that should do it.

All of us are patient all the time - because we can do nothing to speed up the day of Jesus' return. Nor make the days/weeks go by faster.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It hit me last night what you meant but I lost $180 and I am extremely upset with myself.
This is a subject his readers need to get because many have shown little patience with gott, lol. Maybe that's why he posted this .:)
Plus I put the wrong address on a package. I think I need to go back to bed!

• Haha
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums