Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Biden truly wasn't able to run for a second term (because of something that hasn't happened yet, but could), why would you think he would finish out his term? He'd most likely resign and then there would be a new incumbent president.
Who is also unpopular not to mention would have had less than a year to try to change that ( even if it were to happen today)

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm surprised Biden lasted pretty well his whole term. Thought somehow they'd pressure him to step down. I'm not in favor of one's his age being the President of the U.S. I'm also not in favor of Trump running for President either at his age. I think there should be a rule which states if you're 70 you're allowed to run....and with two terms YOU'RE DONE at 78. If you're 74 you're allowed to run too BUT ONLY allowed 1 term.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm surprised Biden lasted pretty well his whole term. Thought somehow they'd pressure him to step down. I'm not in favor of one's his age being the President of the U.S. I'm also not in favor of Trump running for President either at his age. I think there should be a rule which states if you're 70 you're allowed to run....and with two terms YOU'RE DONE at 78. If you're 74 you're allowed to run too BUT ONLY allowed 1 term.
Age is less important than being of sound mind. I have known and do know a number of people who well into their 80s or even 90s have been sharp as a tack and then there are people younger than that whose mind is going that are younger than that.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are plenty of people who would vote for Trump. Really there are two groups of such people those who intend to vote for him in the primary and those like me who would not vote for him to get on the ballot, but would vote for him if he was the Republican choice. Question is how many of each group is there and as unpopular as Biden is (if he were the one on the ballot) how many would vote for him? I am slightly bias as I am on the Trump side, but I get the feeling there are more people inclined to vote for Trump in that situation of him being the Republican choice who did not vote for him in the primary than there are democrats that feel the same way about Biden.
And then there are the 30+ who identify as independents.

I have no doubt that the number of primary voters who will vote for Trump is much larger than the number of primary voters who will vote for Biden.

There are two groups that will make the difference: independents and wishy, washy Democrats who could stay home or come out to vote for Biden. I have little doubt that the vast majority of Republicans will vote against Biden.
=================
AN ASIDE
The third party candidates could make the difference in key states as has happened in some past presidential elections.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Age is less important than being of sound mind. I have known and do know a number of people who well into their 80s or even 90s have been sharp as a tack and then there are people younger than that whose mind is going that are younger than that.
Age is an issue for a majority of Americans, a majority of Democrats, a majority of Republicans, and a majority of independents.

This is not an argument about whether 96 year old Kissinger wasn't sharp enough to be sharp for 4 years. He has much sharper than almost any political leader in his last interview at 100 (he died this week).

A certain number of voters will vote against Biden because they don't want an 86-year old president (and yes, his VP makes a difference). Many Democrats will simply stay home and not make the effort to vote.

IMO, if Biden dropped out in June and Newsome won the nomination at the convention, we would have a Democratic landslide against Trump, or a close race against Haley.
========
Biden could very well lose to Trump or Haley, especially if Trump isn't convicted anywhere by Election Day.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Who is also unpopular not to mention would have had less than a year to try to change that ( even if it were to happen today)

This thread is just someone's fantasy scenario. I was only pointing out the reality of what would actually happen if Biden needed to drop out.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But if you’re not going to vote for Biden (because he’s Biden, [demented, too old] and he drops out then this New 47th President would hold the incumbency for the Office, “less than a year” is more political-office experience than Donald Trump had when he became 45.

But now Donald has 4 years experience and you wouldn’t mind him getting another four years in power, under his belt?

Sure thing, we’ll be a better country after that (and what may come after that) happens.
Yup, sure will be “interesting times”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should know who that powers that be. There's the ones behind the curtains. Haven't you ever seen the Wizard of Oz? :)
The man behind the curtain was the Wizard of Oz so your analogy is strangely lacking in relevance unless you were making the point that Biden is in control of his persona.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden was foolish to choose Harris. We want the best person, not identity politics. Ketanji Jackson Brown was a black woman and the most qualified. She is showing her capability every day.
Harris is struggling, and while I believe it is partly due to race and gender, it's not entirely so.
But the identity politics crowd would go nuts if someone other than a black woman replaced her. I want the one who will get us to the finish line. Period.
Male. Female. Black. White. Asian. Hispanic.
In the last primary, I liked Cory Booker, Buttigieg, and of course Bernie.
When Trump is on the ballot, no one can throw a fit and stay home because they want a candidate or a certain race, gender, or orientation. Grow up!
He is that dangerously deadly.
There is a hell of a lot I don't like about the current Democratic Party regime.

But after all is said and done IMO, Trump's agenda is to destroy the ability of the US government, all Branches, to oppose whatever shenanigans he and his family want to pursue. He doesn't intend to leave a functioning US government in his wake.

I want a functioning US government. I don't want it to be as near-totalitarian pervasive as the current Democratic agenda, but I do want it to function. If a Republican candidate seemed likely to leave the government functional, I'd look very hard at him or her...the government would survive a Republican presidency of someone who kept the government functional, particularly if they permanently shut away the specter of Trumpism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Can you just answer my question?
Looks like that will be a 'no' to answering.

The 'powers that be' may be keeping him from revealing the answer. It looks like it is one of those Fight Club rules things.

Upvote 0