If all hang on to every word of His

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord teaches us everyday, if we do listen. He can use anything because He made all things. Today He gave me this little teaching about "If we all hang on to every word of His"

I tell people to listen to Him because I know by experience that listening to Him makes be a better person. I hear from Him everyday, but not like I should. I usually hear from Him about a dozen different times during the day. Yet Isaiah wrote about hearing a voice behind us every time we turn to the right of to the left. (Is 30:21)

Sadly, I confess that I get busy, sidetracked, and start going my way instead of hanging on to every word that comes from His mouth. That creates openings for the wrong things in this world to get at me. So I tell myself that I need to listen to Him more, and that winds up showing up because what is on my heart comes out my mouth, or in my writings if I have to write instead of speak. It is on my heart that I, and so everyone, would listen to Him more. I would that we all would hang on to every word of His, remembering that He never leaves us.

Anyway - this is what He talked to me about this morning:

Luke 19:46-48 saying to them, "It is written, 'AND MY HOUSE SHALL BE A HOUSE OF PRAYER' but you have made it a Robber's Den. And He was teaching daily in the temple; but the chief priests and the scribes and the leading men among the people were trying to destroy Him, and they could not find anything that they might do, for all the people were hanging on to every word He said

We know that we are the temple of God. So we should know that we are to be a "House of Prayer". Prayer is supposed to be communication between you and Him - both ways. And since He is the Teacher and He never leaves us we should be getting teachings. If we hold on to every word He says then those other leaders in this world who are trying to destroy Him in our lives and not do anything! So if all the people were hanging on to His every word, what could the devils do? Nothing!

Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,429.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i struggle with inappropriate content and cussing and swear due to my family being fake christians saying they believe but dont agree with the lord and some of my family are athiest so im the only christian so my family swear take gos name in vain and watch inappropriate content the men do some of them so i got those bongages stuck to me im trying to get un stuck with jesus s help. satan robbed me of my emotions and my ability to care and he made me desensitive to horrifying things but i know m jesus s my hearts for him and i got a cool small visit from jesus if you would like to know.

• Prayers
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We know that we are the temple of God. So we should know that we are to be a "House of Prayer". Prayer is supposed to be communication between you and Him - both ways. And since He is the Teacher and He never leaves us we should be getting teachings. If we hold on to every word He says then those other leaders in this world who are trying to destroy Him in our lives and not do anything! So if all the people were hanging on to His every word, what could the devils do? Nothing!

AND - on top of that - all those who are thus, even when we don't know each other, make up a Bigger House Of Prayer. Not by being taken over by a corporation but being free individuals of a heart of Holy Spirit power for caring.

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,429.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AND - on top of that - all those who are thus, even when we don't know each other, make up a Bigger House Of Prayer. Not by being taken over by a corporation but being free individuals of a heart of Holy Spirit power for caring.
my ocd messed up my feeling of emotion so i dont care much but i feel my heart yearn for the lord

Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the 'Christian' bumper stickers which say "A work in progress" - which of course is the case. Another way of putting it is that we are looking for a "Deeper Relationship" or deeper fellowship with Him.
No matter where we are in our walk we should be after the same thing - a deeper fellowship with our Lord Jesus Christ. So it is that I want to stay in that spot of hanging on His every word. I can get like Mary, who sat as His feet and listened, at times. I usually get there for brief moments everyday. I do hear from Him everyday.

So it is that we have our problems and knowing the Lord means we know He talks to us and helps us with our problems. So while I get sidetracked though out the day, I still want to hang on His every word. If we could just get people to under this and seek Him more. Heck, if I could just get myself to seek Him more and listen. Listen to Him does me good. So listen to Him does us good.

Upvote 0