If a gay person is celebate, is he still sinning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_White

Jun 5, 2004
Maitland
Visit site
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
jcorley said:
There is no way to no longer sin, UNLESS (and this is the most important part of the post) they are born-again and their sin is propitiated by Christ's work on the cross, paying for our sins. It's not automatic. Romans 1 and 3 are clear on this matter. So, it isn't possible to STOP sinning, UNLESS we are given a new nature by God in salvation.
since this is the most importaint bit, I'll respond.
I am born-agian. I sin and my sin is
propitiated by Christ's work on the cross. doesn't mean I don't sin. Also if someone is homosexual, won;t that sin be propitiated by Christ's work on the cross as well?

They are sinning still, yes. In the same way we are all sinning before we come to the saving knowledge of Christ's work for us on the Cross. As to the propensity to sin in general, see Romans 1. The sin or the action doesn't matter. The most "pure" boy scout 'gay' or not is a sinner.
likewise here you are implying (wether you mean to or not) that as soon as we accept christ we sin no more. I am sorry but that is untrue. Sin taken away is not the same as never sin again.

I am fairly sure that that is not what you mean to say but please take note and change the way you make the point because otherwise you appear to be a hypocrite saying that if we accept Christ we wont sin and then you will go out and sin because you (like me) are not perfect.

Upvote 0

Lifesaver

Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Billnew said:
This is a question I heard on the radio.
If a homosexual doesn't act on his lust is he still sinning?
We are told specifically that it is possible to sin in thought.
If impure thoughts arise inside them, this is not a sin. But if they take pleasure and do not push these thoughts away from their minds, then they are indeed sinning.
However, a heterosexual is as likely to do this as a homosexual.

Can a gay person find Christ and still be gay?
What do you mean with gay?
If you mean a person who, if they would indulge in their thoughts, would derive pleasure from the thoughts of being with someone of their same sex, but does not do it, then yes, it is possible for them to be Christian and be like that, though they'd be required to live a life of celibacy and chastity.

If, however, you mean having and indulging in homosexual thoughts, and leading that kind of lifestyle unrepentantly ("accepting they are gay and living it") then they would be in an even worse condition than those who have not found Christ, for they know their action (or, in this case, thought) is wrong.

Upvote 0

jdomino

Aug 19, 2004
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
mhatten said:
Welcome!

Can I ask why you are celibate?

I am celebate because I think for me have gay relations would be wrong. I don't feel that is what God wants for me. I say 'for me' because overall I can't say for sure if gay relations are wrong. Yes, I know that sounds confusing. Let me try to explain. Several months after becoming a Christian the whole issue began to get to me. I walked out of Communion and put off getting baptized because of it. I tried to find a definate answer, right or wrong I didn't care, I just wanted to know for sure. I read the Bible, I read people's interpretations of the Bible. Looked at tons of pro-gay Christian sites and anti-gay Christian sites. I talked with people on both sides of the issue. I could not find the clear answer I wanted. The conviction and inner turmoil I felt would not go away.

I finally decided that I would see this as an issue of Christian liberty. Paul talks about this in Romans 14 and I think also in I Cor 8. Since I didn't feel I could in good conscience or faith have gay relations I decided I wouldn't. I confessed the times of my past and finally had peace about it. That doesn't mean I don't wish I could have come to a different conclusion. At times I do wish otherwise. But we don't always get what we want. As for what others believe, I won't debate or argue it. I just don't have energy for it. The most I can do is encourage them to seek Christ and His will.

Hope that makes sense.

jd

Reactions: The_White
Upvote 0

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
my friend believes that he is gay, he does not desire to be with a woman and he says that he often has to redirect his thoughts because he is desiring men instead. He is celibate, because he said this is a sin to have sex outside of marrage.

I am celebate because I am divorced, I am not remarried. I beleive that sex is a sin outside of marrage. If he is a sinner, then so am I and I know I am not gay ;) .

Upvote 0

jcorley

May 8, 2004
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟15,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The_White said:
since this is the most importaint bit, I'll respond.
I am born-agian. I sin and my sin is [/size][/color][/font]propitiated by Christ's work on the cross. doesn't mean I don't sin. Also if someone is homosexual, won;t that sin be propitiated by Christ's work on the cross as well?

likewise here you are implying (wether you mean to or not) that as soon as we accept christ we sin no more. I am sorry but that is untrue. Sin taken away is not the same as never sin again.

I am fairly sure that that is not what you mean to say but please take note and change the way you make the point because otherwise you appear to be a hypocrite saying that if we accept Christ we wont sin and then you will go out and sin because you (like me) are not perfect.

That's not what I meant to imply. We still sin, sure, but the POWER of sin and death has been broken by Jesus' work on the Cross.

Upvote 0

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
buckshee said:
I don't believe a gay person who is celibate is sinning any more than a drunkard who isn't drinking isn't sinning either.
I for one am not convinced that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. The Bible tells us we sin because we are sinners. So to sin is as natural as to breathe. Some of us fall prey to particular sins that others aren't bothered by at all.
Lust may be a sin I fall easily in to but maybe not gluttony or gossip. A little old lady (only as an example !!) may have problems with gossip but not lust. I have problems believing that some-one would deliberately choose to be a homosexual and yet the Bible tells us that acting on same-sex desires is sin. The same as an unmarried couple.

One thing I do know. God loves the homosexual not one iota less than He loves me. He loves all mankind and yet He can hate their sin. God wants and desires to save anyone who will come to Him in faith trusting in His son's finished work at Calvary.

Sometimes we get so pious with our attitude and fail to see the sin that we do so easily. I'm not saying that homosexuality is not a sin but I admire the man that, knowing it is wrong can stifle the sex drive which must be one of the hardest things to do. It also shows that person is serious about being obedient to God and, if they are a Christian, takes their following of Christ important.
How about me ? We should all ask that
Very good post!

Sarah

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.