Idlib liberated!

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
The happiest news I've heard in awhile. The regime has been hitting Idlib with chemical weapons for the past week and now the city is under rebel control (and I pray it remains that way).

The "Fattah Army" coalition - including the al-Nusra Front, Jund al-Aqsa, Jaish al-Sunna, Liwa al-Haqq, Ajnad al-Sham, and Faynad al-Sham - seized Idlib city on Saturday after more than five days of fierce fighting.

Syrian rebels capture Idlib city in joint offensive - Al Jazeera English

The link also mentions that the rebels had captured another city, Busra Sham, earlier this week.

Allaah is the Greatest and all praises belong to Him.

[youtube]G5L5KEnABAQ[/youtube]

They're defacing the statue of Hafez al-Assad, the genocidal father of the current genocidal dictator.

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
lol, ain't nothin' gonna put a damper on this news today. As long as it's not Assad or his allies, ISIS, or warlord thugs in control, yesterday/today felt like 'Eid came early. I'm so ecstatic that this city is finally out of Assad's hands.

Anyway, I guess these residents of Idlib came running to their liberators to embrace them and cry (or laugh joyfully) because they're going to really miss those chemical weapons Assad was unleashing on them.

[youtube]KfRelimkja0[/youtube]

Or perhaps these children are completely comfortable roaming the street and sticking their heads out of windows with thumbs up signs and smiles at the rebels because they don't understand that it was really Assad, with his barrel and chemical bombs falling upon them, who was helping them:

[youtube]bWqom9aJt7E[/youtube]

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lol, ain't nothin' gonna put a damper on this news today. As long as it's not Assad or his allies, ISIS, or warlord thugs in control, yesterday/today felt like 'Eid came early. I'm so ecstatic that this city is finally out of Assad's hands.

Anyway, I guess these residents of Idlib came running to their liberators to embrace them and cry (or laugh joyfully) because they're going to really miss those chemical weapons Assad was unleashing on them.

Or perhaps these children are completely comfortable roaming the street and sticking their heads out of windows with thumbs up signs and smiles at the rebels because they don't understand that it was really Assad, with his barrel and chemical bombs falling upon them, who was helping them:
Assad never used Chemical Weapons and there are videos of people embracing ISIS in the exact same way. If a new power conquers you then it makes sense to embrace them for your own self-preservation. If they showed any resistance to these terrorists then they would have been slaughtered like the rest of the people these terrorists have come into contact with.

Assad is not stupid enough to use chemical weapons and risk an intervention from other countries. I think the rebels tried to frame the Syrian Government to try and bring another power into the war or gain more support for themselves. Barrel bombs have been used though which is bad because they are inaccurate which makes them an indiscriminate killing weapon. Missiles would cause the same damage but they actually have a guidance system.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Assad never used Chemical Weapons...Assad is not stupid enough to use chemical weapons and risk an intervention from other countries. I think the rebels tried to frame the Syrian Government to try and bring another power into the war or gain more support for themselves.

"Syrian President Bashar Assad’s forces are the only faction in the country with an air force, making it likely it was they who carried out the chemical attack, according to volunteer rescue organization Syria Civil Defense. Members of the group’s branch in Idlib were at the scene in Binnish and could smell the chlorine."

Assad Regime Drops Chlorine Barrel Bombs as Jabhat al-Nusra, rebels battle for Idlib

Search: 'Human Rights Watch Says Evidence Strongly Suggests Assad Used Chemical Weapons' by cbsnews....can't link to it here because of an image

"The attacks, which in some cases used canisters marked with their chemical contents, were conducted by helicopter. In the Syrian civil war, only the regime has access to aerial power, making it now certain that the recent chemical attacks could only have been carried out by the regime, not the opposition. "

Syria chemical weapons: The Proof that Assad Regime Launching Chlorine Attacks on Children

Syria Special: Dissecting Hersh's "Insurgents Did Chemical Weapons Attacks" - A Sequel

and there are videos of people embracing ISIS in the exact same way. If a new power conquers you then it makes sense to embrace them for your own self-preservation. If they showed any resistance to these terrorists then they would have been slaughtered like the rest of the people these terrorists have come into contact with.
Do you have specific examples and numbers of these people slaughtering non-combatants? Here are the residents of Idlib 3 years ago (don't seem like people who liked Assad very much):

[youtube]NDwXN5jwhZA[/youtube]

Glad they are finally somewhat free from Assad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Certainly, the less control that brutal dictator Assad has over the lives of Syrians is a thing to be welcomed. But whether this new regime in Idlib will be any better, only time will tell. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, and God knows, most things are better to have than the Assad regime.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Assad is a monster, but ISIS isn't any better. It's just a change in evil.

So, they exchanged chemical weapons for beheadings, sexual slavery, and an evil form of sharia law that just harms in different ways.

I pray those poor people are able to find some sense of normal so they can have the life they deserve, and the terrorists and the evil leaders of the country get their just deserts.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Certainly, the less control that brutal dictator Assad has over the lives of Syrians is a thing to be welcomed. But whether this new regime in Idlib will be any better, only time will tell. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, and God knows, most things are better to have than the Assad regime.

A balanced approach.

Assad is a monster, but ISIS isn't any better. It's just a change in evil.

Thankfully, ISIS didn't have a hand to play in this victory in Idlib. Now I just pray that it'll keep its filthy hands off other rebels' victories.

I pray those poor people are able to find some sense of normal so they can have the life they deserve, and the terrorists and the evil leaders of the country get their just deserts.

I think we can both agree on this.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This video of prisoners being freed in Idlib, including at least 2 women, provided me indescribable joy:

[youtube]UirfgLduVU0[/youtube]

In another video, the rebels went to another prison to free the prisoners, but sadly found nearly all of the inmates shot dead. But both are free and victorious in one way or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The new regime is Al-Qaeda and we already know how they act and they have not gotten any better. They started as brutal terrorists and have reinforced this tradition year after year.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The new regime is Al-Qaeda and we already know how they act and they have not gotten any better. They started as brutal terrorists and have reinforced this tradition year after year.

One of the factions that have wrestled controlled over the city is al-Nusra- which is linked to al-Qaeda. But that does not equate to al-Qaeda.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Some Druze fought alongside the Sunni rebels in this offensive in Idlib against the Syrian government. The collaboration of the different Syrian rebel groups in the liberation of this city was impressive. I mean, they've worked together before but to capture this important city that hasn't been free for 3 years in less than a week....amazing.

Emotional reaction of this press correspondent on live TV as Idlib was liberated:

[youtube]Gbs5ZzhCMYo[/youtube]

And the celebrations that erupted at that news station (cheering, singing, dancing, busting out the sweets/dessert):

[youtube]7ZpmT80yyfA[/youtube]

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
One of the factions that have wrestled controlled over the city is al-Nusra- which is linked to al-Qaeda. But that does not equate to al-Qaeda.

They are not only linked, but they consider themselves fully apart of Al-Qaeda and they claim they fully submit to Al-Qaeda. Make no mistake, the same terrorists that terrorizes Idlib are the same terrorists that committed the attacks on 9/11. It's an identical ideology with no difference.

This thread glorifies terrorism and is completely and entirely disgusting.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Al-Nursa reaffirmed their loyalty to Al-Qaeda to dispel any rumors of a split just this month so it is safe to say they are definitely Al-Qaeda. If they were not adamant supporters of Al-Qaeda then they would have simply merged with the Islamic State when they broke with Al-Qaeda but they didn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
They are not only linked, but they consider themselves fully apart of Al-Qaeda and they claim they fully submit to Al-Qaeda. Make no mistake, the same terrorists that terrorizes Idlib are the same terrorists that committed the attacks on 9/11. It's an identical ideology with no difference.

Erm, no they're not since the ones who did 9/11 are dead. Most of JaN is local Syrian fighters whose main goal is to get rid of the genocidal dictator (the one who has inflicted at least 70 9/11s on the Syrian people in the past 4 years going purely by body count alone, not getting into the percentage of children included in this count & forgetting for a second about the refugees and the destroyed country).

But he made the same kind of distinction between Nusra and the global organization of al-Qaeda that many Syrians cite when explaining their support for Nusra. “There is no insurgent in Jabhat al-Nusra who has ever met Zawahiri,” he said. “It’s kind of an institutional structure that we’re part of al-Qaeda. But on the ground, all the decisions are made among the fighters of Nusra themselves.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/us-goes-to-war-with-jabhat-al-nusra

Terrorizing Idlib you say? How's this for terrorizing the city?

15x2sxz.png

The shells say "We're coming for you Idlib"

Or how about the Christian family's house that was attacked by Assad's targeting of the city after it was liberated? I won't link to the video here because of a tiny amount of blood, but you can copy & paste this into the youtube search field: طيران النظام يستهدف المسيحيين في ادلب

The woman is expressing her rage at Assad.

And guess who was right there helping the family? A rebel fighter alongside the White Helmets.
1jkn77.png

Or how about this terrorism:

[youtube]VM-aslc_HKc[/youtube]

Or how about Assad's men using civilians as human shields so they can get out of Idlib as they lost control of it? I don't see anything graphic in the video, but since youtube has it age restricted I'll just put the title here so you can search it (you can see the civilians at 2:06):

المشكاة" شاهد كيف استخدمت مليشيات الأسد المدنيين كدروع بشرية أثناء انسحابهم من مدينة إدلب

This thread glorifies terrorism and is completely and entirely disgusting.

Nah, I haven't praised Assad's regime or his allies (Hezbollah, Iran, China, or Russia) and their actions anywhere.

Al-Nursa reaffirmed their loyalty to Al-Qaeda to dispel any rumors of a split just this month so it is safe to say they are definitely Al-Qaeda. If they were not adamant supporters of Al-Qaeda then they would have simply merged with the Islamic State when they broke with Al-Qaeda but they didn't.

Why do you think that if they're not part of JaN then they will automatically join ISIS?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
These are a few days old but they show some more of the happiness (the world can shove it...it doesn't get to tell the Syrians how to feel after it basically left them to fend for themselves):

1jrzt0.jpg

People in Aleppo celebrating the news:

[youtube]6peeRS_btGw[/youtube]

Anyway, good Lord. The Assad family is so incredibly narcissistic. At every turn there seems to be a giant poster or statue of one of the Assads in Idlib. They formed a personality cult around themselves. In schools, students would be told to recite, "Our leader forever is Hafez al-Assad," which makes this video all the more satisfying:

[youtube]gnOIlEdXSq4[/youtube]

They're chanting "qaedna, lil 'abaad, sayyedna Muhammad" ("Our leader forever is our master Muhammad" (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

In that video and the other angles of it, you can see that the residents of Idlib filming this and chanting along.

Upvote 0