I'd like to introduce myself

griffinwriter

May 15, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:wave:Hi I'm new to this forum and I thought I'd introduce myself (like the title said).
My Name's LeAnna. I've recently gained small status as an international author with my first book, a Christian Science Fiction/ fantasy book called The Alestrion Chronicles: Slaves Redeemed. I look forward to getting involved in the conversations.

griffinwriter

May 15, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully you will. :) It's a story of a girl named Aria who starts out the story as a slave in an intergalactic circus. It follows her as she adapts from being a slave, to being free, to ultimately becoming princess and heir to the throne of her home planet. It's geared toward ages 9-90.

Upvote 0

griffinwriter

May 15, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well it's actually set around the events of the Titanic so it's more Edwardian then Victorian in it's feel. My main character is the only Choctaw spy in the Culper Spy ring that goes by the code name Suffragette. If you want to get a basic feel for the book I keep a couple pinterest inspiration boards "City of steel" and "Sara Freedman's Style" Sara freedman is my main character's Anglicized name. I'd post a direct link but I'm still a newbie on the site.

Upvote 0

rivertree

Teach me to speak the truth in love.
Jun 18, 2012
✟15,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I downloaded a sample of your book, The Alestrion Chronicles: Slaves Redeemed, to my Kindle. I'd like to welcome you to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Forum, but I have just discovered this place myself, though I have been on CF for around three weeks, I think. So you were here before me and must welcome me!

The Sci-fi- fantasy section is kind of stack way down on the CF page, where you might not see it right away. I first went to the Book Club, but it really needs to be perked up with more recent messages. I hope this forum has more potential for discussing book, movies etc. from the sci-fi-fantasy genre.

Upvote 0

griffinwriter

May 15, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Rivertree and welcome. from what I've seen there are some very good book discussion groups on this forum. Hope you enjoy the sample :)

Attachments

• web cover.jpg
    web cover.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rivertree

Teach me to speak the truth in love.
Jun 18, 2012
✟15,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hubby and I just returned from lunch out, where we both read from our respective Kindles. It's not polite, but we both love eating out and reading at the table- it's so relaxing. So while I was there, I read The Alestrian Chronicles sample.

I really enjoyed it! I do not usually like any kind of sci-fi, or space theme, but this one pulled me right in. I like to dump a bunch of space gunk on that ringmaster's head and lock him up.

I'll probably buy the book in a couple of weeks. I just purchased two books, and I like to spread my purchases out. When I have finished the book I'll write more about it.

I really think you have something there- continue the writing please, you have what it takes.

Upvote 0