Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love peacemaking, but I'm still in training. I'm not perfect. I can still be a hypocrite at times. I am passionate about promoting unity, whether it's unity among the brethren, unity between Jews and Gentiles, unity between unbelievers and Jesus (salvation), unity among ethnic groups and much more! I believe in the ministry of presence and the ministry of reconciliation. I do not like strife or division, but I love to offer grace and mercy to people who need it most instead of judging them. I struggle with social skills. I struggle with depression and PDD NOS. I am an INFP personality type according to the Meyer's Briggs. I am artistic by nature and I have the spiritual gift of Mercy followed by exhortation. I am going back to school so I can be a counselor. I would like to also be a motivational speaker and author as the lord leads me. Fulfilling God's will is my top priority. I am proud of my Scottish heritage and being a Generation Xer. :cool: I hope to share the love, acceptance and mercy of Jesus Christ with the world.

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I love peacemaking, but I'm still in training. I'm not perfect. I can still be a hypocrite at times. I am passionate about promoting unity, whether it's unity among the brethren, unity between Jews and Gentiles, unity between unbelievers and Jesus (salvation), unity among ethnic groups and much more! I believe in the ministry of presence and the ministry of reconciliation. I do not like strife or division, but I love to offer grace and mercy to people who need it most instead of judging them. I struggle with social skills. I struggle with depression and PDD NOS. I am an INFP personality type according to the Meyer's Briggs. I am artistic by nature and I have the spiritual gift of Mercy followed by exhortation. I am going back to school so I can be a counselor. I would like to also be a motivational speaker and author as the lord leads me. Fulfilling God's will is my top priority. I am proud of my Scottish heritage and being a Generation Xer. :cool: I hope to share the love, acceptance and mercy of Jesus Christ with the world.

Welcome aboard! :ok:

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can still be a hypocrite at times.
Firstly welcome aboard as well.
Secondly are you a hypocrite or just someone who fails from time to time? To me a hypocrite is one who says one thing and deliberately does different. Trying but failing is not what I would call deliberate.

Upvote 0

Kayeliz

Oct 5, 2012
✟16,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:piripi:Matthew 5:9

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

9 `Happy the peacemakers -- because they shall be called Sons of God.

:papapa:
:)

What turned me into a moderate Christian was the really low point I reached some years ago. I had turned away from god because I had been hurt so often and had been together with too many hypocriticals who all pretended they were more or less free from sin and happily judged others. it crushed me because I believed them and felt like I was the lowest creature on earth to still be so sinful. In my agony I screamed to God and managed to build up an honest relationship with Him. I know I'm not perfect at all, I have so many problems and flaws. But I have His forgiveness and now I can be open to other "flawed" people and embrace them and know I'm no better than them and that they are just as much loved by God as I am. It is fredom because I don't have to pretend, I can be my unperfect self and reach out to other very unperfect people.

Upvote 0

canisee

Oct 6, 2013
✟19,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:)

What turned me into a moderate Christian was the really low point I reached some years ago. I had turned away from god because I had been hurt so often and had been together with too many hypocriticals who all pretended they were more or less free from sin and happily judged others. it crushed me because I believed them and felt like I was the lowest creature on earth to still be so sinful. In my agony I screamed to God and managed to build up an honest relationship with Him. I know I'm not perfect at all, I have so many problems and flaws. But I have His forgiveness and now I can be open to other "flawed" people and embrace them and know I'm no better than them and that they are just as much loved by God as I am. It is fredom because I don't have to pretend, I can be my unperfect self and reach out to other very unperfect people.
Amen on most peoples walk do not line up with what they say, me as #1

But I, by Grace Press On. I want to be with Jesus to kiss his feet forever.

If He would save a rascal like me, anyone has hope!!!

Upvote 0

canisee

Oct 6, 2013
✟19,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome and May your follow your vision.

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Secondly are you a hypocrite or just someone who fails from time to time? To me a hypocrite is one who says one thing and deliberately does different. Trying but failing is not what I would call deliberate.

I tend to be argumentative and defensive. I struggle to trust people, so I feel like I have to defend myself. I am also not too confident in myself. I feel very protective over being right. It is so much harder to listen then one might think. I am still trying to overcome past wounds that spill into some of my relationships today.

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I tend to be argumentative and defensive. I struggle to trust people, so I feel like I have to defend myself. I am also not too confident in myself. I feel very protective over being right. It is so much harder to listen then one might think. I am still trying to overcome past wounds that spill into some of my relationships today. I still struggle with many insecurities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I tend to be argumentative and defensive. I struggle to trust people, so I feel like I have to defend myself. I am also not too confident in myself. I feel very protective over being right. It is so much harder to listen then one might think. I am still trying to overcome past wounds that spill into some of my relationships today. I still struggle with many insecurities.

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None of that makes you a hypocrite. It means you are a person who struggles with some issues is all. Good luck in overcoming those wounds. I have been wounded and I know myself enough to know that if I was to ever get into a relationship again it would fail because I would not be willing to make it work because of what happened last time I did that. So I have a sober estimate of myself in that regard. I used to trust everybody unless they proved they did not deserve that trust and then it was impossible to get that trust back. I have softened and also due to being hurt from doing that I don't automatically trust people. I often struggle to remain vague in what I am saying at bible study because I simply am not prepared to share my story with them. I am very mindful that everyone I have shared my story with over what happened last year has been stunned silence. Even the psychologist took a bit of time to recover. However I am doing some volunteer work with a Christian group and trying to be a light for them and be supportive. One of the other volunteers has had marriage separation recently and as that is one of the things I went through last year I have been able to be a great support often just to talk to for her. Perhaps in your weakness you can be a great help to others who have gone that way. See 2 Cor 12:9. Know that this group is always here to support you and hopefully you have or can develop some friendships in real life where you can share and be yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry for all the duplicate posts! It didn't look like my post was making it through. My computer tends to act up when I am on this site for some reason.

No worries, it happens. We've all done it, and it does no real harm. :hug:

Upvote 0