Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is one more reason why Homeschool is becoming more popular everyday! It is infuriating that those in control of the Public Schools think they have the right to take away the GOD-GIVEN RIGHTS of PARENTS.

Christians need to MOVE OUT of those districts/States to States that allow PARENTS to make the choices for their minor children.

Parents sue DC over 'reckless,' 'unconstitutional' law to vaccinate kids without parental consent
One of the issues with public schools is that they are subject to public policies.
Home schooling is the alternative or private schools.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After reading this article, I really don't understand why there would be religious objections to a vaccine, though. Someone please tell me where in Scripture God gives any indication that can be reasonably interpreted as Him despising, forbidding, or condemning one of His children getting a needle in his arm to help increase his chances of not contracting a viral infection. Where is one's Biblical morals being compromised to any degree in getting vaccinated?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
After reading this article, I really don't understand why there would be religious objections to a vaccine, though. Someone please tell me where in Scripture God gives any indication that can be reasonably interpreted as Him despising, forbidding, or condemning one of His children getting a needle in his arm to help increase his chances of not contracting a viral infection. Where is one's Biblical morals being compromised to any degree in getting vaccinated?

The Jaenisch lab’s work might also explain why patients who have recovered from Covid-19 still test positive for the disease, even months later, according to an ABC news report. If the virus did modify these patients’ DNA, then its genetic information could still be active. The Jaenisch lab found that the virus used an enzyme called LINE-1 to get back into the cell to replicate. LINE-1 is readily available in the human genome.

Regarding whether mRNA vaccines could change DNA, Dr. Jaenisch thinks it might be a good thing. He also thinks this new technology will lead the way to breakthrough treatments for many diseases that affect people. Since Dr. Jaenisch has been studying DNA in cancer and neurological diseases for decades, what he thinks is likely more than most of us know.

GOD created your dna, which is unique to only you, man should not change it

Can the mRNA vaccines change DNA?

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
GOD created your dna, which is unique to only you, man should not change it

Fair enough. I at least get why the thought or picture of this happening would be objectionable.

I just don't think shifting a cytosine base or two around on a DNA strand is on par with selling one's soul, personally, but I can at least respect what you are saying here.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Only one word is needed here.
Murder. That's something that God hates and has always hated right from the beginning.
What the news has never done is to openly acknowledge that the vaccines are only possible because of how they have been created and tested.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough. I at least get why the thought or picture of this happening would be objectionable.

I just don't think shifting a cytosine base or two around on a DNA strand is on par with selling one's soul, personally, but I can at least respect what you are saying here.

Satan changes everything that god puts in place using man to to the dirty work

If it so great then why use corecion, which Jesus never does only satan does

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
straw man argument
No.

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.

I directly addressed the actual argument set forth in the OP - so my argument is certainly not a strawman.

I suspect that you object to my characterization of parents who do refuse to have their children vaccinated as "abusive".

Well, how is it not abuse to needlessly subject your children to risk of serious illness?

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have you heard of the Nephillim view of Genesis 6? It may actually be in view here, since Jesus likened the last days to the days of Noah. If that view is correct, then what was really going on in Gen 6 was the corruption of the human gene pool. And the purpose of the flood to save it. It gives a whole new meaning to Noah being "righteous in all his generations" (pure genetic line) and the modern push for transhumanism.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Homeschooling isn’t growing in popularity. The people joining the bandwagon are those in the position to do so or willing to make the sacrifices. Which isn’t the majority and never will be.

Most parents don’t want to educate their children at home.
Most parents don’t want the responsibility for teaching.
Most parents can’t forgo a salary to do it.

Most parents don’t want to be home with their children.

Irrespective of Covid.
Irrespective of vaccines.
Irrespective of faith.

They didn’t enjoy it.

They complained when the schools were closed.
They complained about virtual learning.
They complained about the responsibilities.

They want their freedom.

That’s the truth.

~bella

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No.

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.

I directly addressed the actual argument set forth in the OP - so my argument is certainly not a strawman.

I suspect that you object to my characterization of parents who do refuse to have their children vaccinated as "abusive".

Well, how is it not abuse to needlessly subject your children to risk of serious illness?

Parents subject their children to death every time they put them in a car is that abuse?

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Homeschooling isn’t growing in popularity. The people joining the bandwagon are those in the position to do so or willing to make the sacrifices. Which isn’t the majority and never will be.

I've heard some are pooling resources with other parents in same condition and hiring a teacher. It's achievable that way and the parents avoid the pitfalls you mention.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Most parents don’t want to educate their children at home.
Most parents don’t want the responsibility for teaching.
Most parents can’t forgo a salary to do it.

Most parents don’t want to be home with their children.

Irrespective of Covid.
Irrespective of vaccines.
Irrespective of faith.

They didn’t enjoy it.

They complained when the schools were closed.
They complained about virtual learning.
They complained about the responsibilities.

They want their freedom.

That’s the truth.

~bella
Sad...but TRUE

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why, exactly, are you “livid” when the state protects children from abusive parents?

Why would a reasonable person not become livid when the state assumes the parent does not have the child's best interest at heart and must do things behind the parent's backs.? What other things might the state decide that children must do or be told that the state doesn't want the parents to know about? Why do you assume the state is more interested in protecting children than the children's parents are? I have yet to see politician that cared one whit about my children.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Parents subject their children to death every time they put them in a car is that abuse?
No, it is not abuse and this is not an apt comparison. Using a car is arguably a necessity in modern civilized societies - people, including children, need to get from A to B. The benefits of putting the kids in the car greatly outweigh the risks. By contrast, the risks to kids of not getting vaccinated greatly outweigh the benefits of skipping the shots - no expert will disagree with this.

There is no excuse, barring exceptional medical circumstances, for not vaccinating your children - it is profoundly irresponsible and reckless to skip vaccinations.

• Agree
Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would a reasonable person not become livid when the state assumes the parent does not have the child's best interest at heart and must do things behind the parent's backs.?
Vaccination is clearly the responsible course of action - parents should not have the right to risk the health of their children.

What other things might the state decide that children must do or be told that the state doesn't want the parents to know about?
Not sure what your point is - the state should, and does limit the rights of parent in many respects:

- parents are not permitted to let their kids ride in the car without seatbelts.
- parent are not permitted to deny their children basic medical care.
- parents are not permitted to make their children consume copious amounts of alchohol.

Why do you assume the state is more interested in protecting children than the children's parents are?
I make no such assumption. I am sure the parents are at least as interested in denying their children vaccines as the state is interested in vaccinating them.

The parents are simply wrong.

Upvote 0