I will raise them up on the last day.

ForChristJesus

Oct 20, 2013
✟15,377.00
Faith
Christian
Could we using scripture discuss what last day Christ is alluding to.

I will open my mind to any suggestion and if the Lord allows me to answer by mere replies, without any preconcieved knowledge. I will pretend I don't know anything and relearn from anyone willing to share in the discussion their thoughts.

Now through this process let us only ask Christ in prayer to the answer to these questions that will arise and not revert to searching them on the net. Use your Bibles and the Lord's direction.

Can we all do that?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I will open my mind to any suggestion and if the Lord allows me to answer by mere replies, without any preconcieved knowledge. I will pretend I don't know anything and relearn from anyone willing to share in the discussion their thoughts.

Now through this process let us only ask Christ in prayer to the answer to these questions that will arise and not revert to searching them on the net. Use your Bibles and the Lord's direction.

Can we all do that?
The "last day" means what it says.

It's the last day of time, wherein is the resurrection, the final judgment of all mankind, and their eternal sentence, either to eternal life (union with God) or to eternal death (separation from God).

Eternity follows, in the new heavens and new earth for the redeemed.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

It's the last day of time, wherein is the resurrection, the final judgment of all mankind, and their eternal sentence, either to eternal life (union with God) or to eternal death (separation from God).

This.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Yep.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Can we all do that?

What scripture are you quoting?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I should lose nothing of all that He has given Me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise Him up on the last day. ... No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws Him. And I will raise Him up on the last day." - John 6:39-40,44

On the last day the dead will rise.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In John 6:39-44 Jesus is speaking of born again people.

How one sees those verses are dependent upon if one believes the catching away of the church, which I do.

Also on when that catching away occurs.

I believe the catching away occurs pre-trib.

Therefore, the last day He is speaking of would be the day of the Rapture, which would be the last day of the period of grace or age of grace.

I understand there will be other opinions.

Upvote 0

sonshine234

Nov 10, 2012
✟2,002.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Can we all do that?
Are you talking about the last days of the earth or the last day of the age?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

How one sees those verses are dependent upon if one believes the catching away of the church, which I do.

Therefore, the last day He is speaking of would be the day of the Rapture, which would be the last day of the period of grace or age of grace.

Right, such as that last day means last day--which is what a normative reading of Scripture would suggest, and what Christianity has always said.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right, such as that last day means last day--which is what a normative reading of Scripture would suggest, and what Christianity has always said.

-CryptoLutheran

Consider again the term last day.

last day of what.

There is no end like in there is a last day and then no more.

There is the Great White Throne Judgment recorded in Revelation.

That is the day the lost are judged and moved from hell into the Lake of Fire.

That is the last day there will ever be a person not born again anywhere on the planet except the lake of fire.

Then those who are born again enter into "eternity" forever with The Lord.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Consider again the term last day.

last day of what.

There is no end like in there is a last day and then no more.

There is the Great White Throne Judgment recorded in Revelation.

That is the day the lost are judged and moved from hell into the Lake of Fire.

That is the last day there will ever be a person not born again anywhere on the planet except the lake of fire.

Then those who are born again enter into "eternity" forever with The Lord.

The last day. When Christ comes. That's the end, the final curtain.

When the Lord comes, He comes in glory to judge the quick and the dead, that's final curtain on this age.

"But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at His coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For 'God has put all things in subjection under His feet.' But when it says, 'all things are put in subjection,' it is plain that He is excepted who put all things in subjection under Him. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to Him who put all things in subjection under Him, that God may be all in all." - 1 Corinthians 15:23-28

And for clarity concerning the final enemy to be defeated, let's move toward the end of the chapter,

"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be transformed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be transformed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.' 'O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?' The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." - 1 Corinthians 15:51-57

When Christ comes it is to raise the dead, to deliver all things over to the Father, to judge the quick and the dead (etc). Because at this moment the dead shall be raised and transformed, and in this the final enemy--death--is destroyed.

So, last day means last day. When He comes, with trumpet blast, and the dead are raised up, it is to life immortal and everlasting, new heavens and new earth--World to Come, unto the ages of ages. Fin.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟925,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Can we all do that?

In 1Thess 4 we see Christ raising up the saints on the last day "The dead in Christ rise first" and in Rev 20:4-5 the same event "this is the FIRST resurrection" -- the one that happens at the Rev 19-20 second coming.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟925,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The last day. When Christ comes. That's the end, the final curtain.

When the Lord comes, He comes in glory to judge the quick and the dead, that's final curtain on this age.

"But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at His coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For 'God has put all things in subjection under His feet.' But when it says, 'all things are put in subjection,' it is plain that He is excepted who put all things in subjection under Him. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to Him who put all things in subjection under Him, that God may be all in all." - 1 Corinthians 15:23-28

Excellent point.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
G-d raises up the New Seed in the End, and it is an offspring of the First Seed. It's all about the Seed, and the heel of the Son of man crushes the head of the serpent in each Everlasting Covenant, that came, went, and comes again.

Psalms 90:2 ...From everlasting to everlasting, thou art G-d." Christ brought a New Covenant that made the Old covenant as New, just as in the replication of a Seed. How can a grape vine give forth figs?

The Covenant was renewed as in the New Seed, and it has grown, and matured, and now time for that plant which was seeded on the Cross must come to an end so to die, and bring forth new seeds. A man sows seeds, not seedlings. You cannot keep the plants of the old alive and carry them over and put them into new soil without risking their life. G-d starts afresh with all new seeds and soil, and all here on this earth that will not pass away until the time of when His Word does and is Resurrected, again.

It's an Never Ending Story lest G-d dies. If Christ not come again in flesh then, we have no hope to pro-create His Spirit in flesh, ever again. It will be a world with an end if we don't allow Him to enter in as He stands at the door and knocks, today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ForChristJesus

Oct 20, 2013
✟15,377.00
Faith
Christian
"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I should lose nothing of all that He has given Me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise Him up on the last day. ... No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws Him. And I will raise Him up on the last day." - John 6:39-40,44

On the last day the dead will rise.

-CryptoLutheran

Mmmmmmm

What does John mean when he writes last day. Can we look at other versus to see how John uses the statement last day or even last hour or even last time?

Can we search the correct context?

Upvote 0

ForChristJesus

Oct 20, 2013
✟15,377.00
Faith
Christian

Interesting that you find that this message is to the believer and not the world in general.

So as one chap said it points to an end. The question is what end and whose end, if the message is directed to only the believers?

Is it end of the world if the message is directed to only the believers?

Interesting observation good on you.

Upvote 0