• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was abused

catzrfluffy

i come bearing .gifs
Sep 4, 2009
palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was abused as a child. It started at school, where people called me nicknames and slandered me and gossiped and started rumours about me all the time. There was no part of me they didn't insult, they made me feel bad about everything about myself. I cried in great emotional pain every night. I couldn't even mention the word about what was happening to me because no one would let me talk about it, while they could go on plotting how to hurt me more and talk all about it. They took my friends from me. It seemed like everyone in the school was bullying me. Every conversation in the every class seemed to be about me. Adult abusers followed me round and verbally abused me in the streets, it was terrifying, this continued for 16 years. They found out everything I said or did and turned it into an insulting comment said to me. My mum and dad knew this was happening to me but never comforted me or helped me. In fact, my mum joined in with my abusers and mocked and insulted me all the time and called me nicknames and made me cry as well. I once heard her discussing on the phone with them, where I'd been and what I'd been up to, it felt like there was no escape because, they'd stalk me everywhere and find out everything I was doing all the time. The people abusing me tapped my phones, so I couldn't even phone a helpline to tell someone about it and be helped without my abusers listening on the phone. People honked their horns while driving past my house constantly and they flew helicopters in circles around my house all night while cars constantly honked their horns to frighten me. I was scared to tell anyone what people were doing to me in case my abusers found out and what they might do to me. They shouted abuse at me all the time. What happened to me in my life made me so hurt and sad and upset and scared. No one has ever comforted me or helped me with all this, I'm all alone.
I am so traumatised from my life, I'm not sure if I have alters, I really need help. Please pray for me.

tim hu

Mar 24, 2020
almaty
✟19,038.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was abused as a child. It started at school, where people called me nicknames and slandered me and gossiped and started rumours about me all the time. There was no part of me they didn't insult, they made me feel bad about everything about myself. I cried in great emotional pain every night. I couldn't even mention the word about what was happening to me because no one would let me talk about it, while they could go on plotting how to hurt me more and talk all about it. They took my friends from me. It seemed like everyone in the school was bullying me. Every conversation in the every class seemed to be about me. Adult abusers followed me round and verbally abused me in the streets, it was terrifying, this continued for 16 years. They found out everything I said or did and turned it into an insulting comment said to me. My mum and dad knew this was happening to me but never comforted me or helped me. In fact, my mum joined in with my abusers and mocked and insulted me all the time and called me nicknames and made me cry as well. I once heard her discussing on the phone with them, where I'd been and what I'd been up to, it felt like there was no escape because, they'd stalk me everywhere and find out everything I was doing all the time. The people abusing me tapped my phones, so I couldn't even phone a helpline to tell someone about it and be helped without my abusers listening on the phone. People honked their horns while driving past my house constantly and they flew helicopters in circles around my house all night while cars constantly honked their horns to frighten me. I was scared to tell anyone what people were doing to me in case my abusers found out and what they might do to me. They shouted abuse at me all the time. What happened to me in my life made me so hurt and sad and upset and scared. No one has ever comforted me or helped me with all this, I'm all alone.
I am so traumatised from my life, I'm not sure if I have alters, I really need help. Please pray for me.

i am a survivor of many kinds of abuse and suffer CPTSD and BPD so i understnad dissociation . praying for you

• Agree
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am so traumatised from my life. Please pray for me.
You are in my prayers. Just know that you are not alone in your suffering. There are some of us going through similar things. There is nothing to worry about any more, because God is there to save you. He will lift you up and uphold you with His righteous right hand. I am here to provide you with the same comfort I received myself from God. If you ever want to talk just message me, I am always online. It's going to take some time to heal from all of this, but you have to believe that you will be just fine. I pray that you are relieved of this burden, Amen.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are not alone. I understand your afflictions and sufferings. I can be your friend.
I understood it hurt on the inside when people call our nicknames; God has given me strength to forgive them who wrong me in this. I understand many distort what you say and make false accusations and slanders. I understand the pains and being upset; God has given me the strength to pray those who prosecuted me with what they have said. There is help ; God helped me; He can help you, too.

Just pray a short prayer:
I submit myself to God. I resist all fear, anxiety, doubts, traumatic thoughts and condemnation in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

pray again and again until those traumatic thoughts and feelings disappear.

Lord Jesus Christ, He is merciful and righteous. Yes, our God is compassionate.
He will shelter you in the shadow of His wings. You do not be afraid.

Also pray like the psalmist:

Look on my affliction and deliver me, for I do not forget your law of Spirit of life. -Psalms 119:153
Plead my cause and redeem me; give me life according to your promise! -Psalms 119:154
Salvation is far from the wicked, for they do not seek your statutes. -Psalms 119:155
Great is your mercy, O LORD; give me life according to your rules. -Psalms 119:156
Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from your testimonies. -Psalms 119:157
I look at the faithless with disgust, because they do not keep your commands. -Psalms 119:158
Consider how I love your precepts! Give me life according to your steadfast love. -Psalms 119:159
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever. -Psalms 119:160
Amen

Pray and pray again. Why pray? That you may the hand of God to help you.

Message if you need help. I will help you with the strength that God provides.

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may feel weak but I think you are strong. I've been bullied too and always thought bullying is only happening in school, but I realised it can happen at home too. I believe we all at some point in life realise that we can't rely 100% on anyone around, and then there's God for us. If there's anything that bullies, gossips and family issues thought me, is that God is the only one who truly understands me and is on my side 100%. Completely, unconditionally. I am praying for your healing, comfort and hope. A brand new life with lot of positive stuff, for you to make good memories and be healthy. May God fill you with His love :praying:

Upvote 0