Not open for further replies.

MeganheartsJesus

Cross Chick
Feb 27, 2004
Heaven is my home!
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
I want to see the passion, but my really good Christian friend can't see it because her parents won't let her (because of the rating and gore), even though my mom would come see it with us. I feel an obligation to see it with her because we are such good friends and I would feel like I'm leaving her in the dust if I see it without her!! I told my mom that we should take her to it anyway even if her parents say no, but she flat out refused. I know it sounds like an underhanded thing to do, but this is the only movie in the whole wide world I would even CONSIDER maybe possibly thinking about doing that. Of course I would NEVER *sneak* into the theatre. So do you think that it is worth doing it for this movie, since it is something every believer should watch? For those of you who say no, what can she say to convince her parents? She already told them that the gore for Jesus' death is inescapable and it is the most historically accurate depiction. I guess I should mention that neither of her parents are Christians, and I'm not at all sure if my mom is or not. Please help me on this one, it's been bothering me for a long time!! :sigh:

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Go with integrity on this one. She should see it, but not if it requires sneaking past her unsaved parents. That would only make her witness to her parents worse.

Pray for them, and if you ahve to see it without her, see it without her. When she goes to college she can just get it on DVD anyway.

Upvote 0

Daily Miracle

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟548.00
Faith
Christian
I'm curious. Do her parents object if their daughter reads about this in the Bible? I agree, don't make her disrespect her parents wishes, it will make you look like a bad influence even though your intentions were valid.

If I were you, I would go to the movie with your mom. You can always see it again if your friend's parents allow her to go later. Since this is something they aren't interested in, there's always a chance they'll rent it and watch it as a family.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The movie is useful for gaining understanding (This is an assumption as I won't be seeing it until next week). However, it is my no means vital. The Gospel of Christ has been saving people for centuries before this movie was concieved. I get a little frustrated when I hear pastors and Christian leaders say that Christians "need" to see this movie.

Should Christians see this? Probably.

Is it an absolute need? No.

If her parents are uncomfortable with her seeing an R rated movie then their wishes should be honored. Perhaps an alternative is in order....

A new video was recently released titled "The Gospel of John." This is an account of John's Gospel. (naturally) Unfourtunately this reportedly good video has gotten swallowed up in the wake of the Passion.

Another alternative would be the Jesus movie (not the mini-series) or Jesus of Nazareth.

Upvote 0

MeganheartsJesus

Cross Chick
Feb 27, 2004
Heaven is my home!
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
Daily Miracle said:
Phew! You won't be making her break the Commandment about honoring your mother and father :).

You'll love the movie, I saw it too.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of doing. That's why I came here and asked first. You guys always have good advice. I don't have much of that to turn to anywhere else....
Anyway, I was afraid I would push her to break that commandment, but I wasn't sure if it would have been totally wrong because ya know, it's a movie she should definitely see. But like someone said earlier, it's not something she absolutely must NEED to see! So I'm cleared up now. :D

Upvote 0

Ceris

I R the Nutness (and I love sedatta )
Mar 10, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,150.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
MeganheartsJesus said:
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of doing. That's why I came here and asked first. You guys always have good advice. I don't have much of that to turn to anywhere else....
Anyway, I was afraid I would push her to break that commandment, but I wasn't sure if it would have been totally wrong because ya know, it's a movie she should definitely see. But like someone said earlier, it's not something she absolutely must NEED to see! So I'm cleared up now. :D

Good, I'm glad that we are able to provide help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.