Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have accepted Christ as Lord. But my walk is not consistent with my confession. Jesus not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom. I seek God sometimes, but with my whole heart. And loving my neighbor as myself is difficult for me due to fear. I also get jealous of other people.

I want to obey the laws of God; but it is impossible. I don't know how righteous people do it. I keep telling myself, if only I can stop sinning I may get saved. My sins are like drugs to me. When Peter said to the people in Acts on how to be saved, turn from your sins and turn to God, that sounds easy. But sin is more then just behavioural, it is what we spend our time thinking about. How can I change the way that I think? This is difficult.

I hate my sin. I hate how I anger the Son of God with my thoughts. I hate hating people who was made in God's image. I hate my lusts. I hate my adultery and idolatry. I hate fighting and quarreling. Theses things are killing my soul.

"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasures, idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sins. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the kingdom of God." {Galations 5:19-21}

Pray for me. Pray that God gives me the ability to obey his laws so I don't end up in hell.

I know that is my responsibility. All you can do is pray, but ultimately it is my responsibility.

newlightseven

In the confessional
Site Supporter
May 21, 2016
North Carolina
Visit site
✟46,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We all are sinners besides Yahweh Jesus, and the holy spirit. He saved us while we were still in sin. Don't be deceived by the outward appearance of others. That is why salvation is so amazing because none of us deserved it. Go on in Christ my brother

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have accepted Christ as Lord. But my walk is not consistent with my confession. Jesus not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom. I seek God sometimes, but with my whole heart. And loving my neighbor as myself is difficult for me due to fear. I also get jealous of other people.

I want to obey the laws of God; but it is impossible. I don't know how righteous people do it. I keep telling myself, if only I can stop sinning I may get saved. My sins are like drugs to me. When Peter said to the people in Acts on how to be saved, turn from your sins and turn to God, that sounds easy. But sin is more then just behavioural, it is what we spend our time thinking about. How can I change the way that I think? This is difficult.

I hate my sin. I hate how I anger the Son of God with my thoughts. I hate hating people who was made in God's image. I hate my lusts. I hate my adultery and idolatry. I hate fighting and quarreling. Theses things are killing my soul.

"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasures, idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sins. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the kingdom of God." {Galations 5:19-21}

Pray for me. Pray that God gives me the ability to obey his laws so I don't end up in hell.

I know that is my responsibility. All you can do is pray, but ultimately it is my responsibility.

You are awesome and sound so much like what I went through . Paul said Romans 7:15-25 . Right now rejoice that our Lord has chosen you as the redeemed and that he is the author of our salvation . You too are working out your salvation with fear and trembling . Hold onto your zeal and you will be where you want to be before you know it . Continue to study to show yourself approved .. You are awesome Brother , Peace and Prayers for your hearts desire in Jesus ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revelation210Faith

Presbyterian(PCA), Adherent to Reformed Theology
Jun 24, 2014
United States
✟22,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray for you. Growing in Christ is not easy and often it will feel like 3 steps forwards and 2 steps back. Just remember that Jesus died for all your sin past, present, and future. We as Christians, are sinners saved by grace not our works, so we will always have moments of weakness where we fall into sin. Sanctification comes only through the power of the Holy Spirit. Just keep fighting the good fight and remember that "...He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" -Phillipians 1:6

Upvote 0

Neoma

Nov 30, 2016
US
✟3,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I will definitely be praying for you. I'm glad you want to be a Christian and I hope God gives you wisdom and helps you with any problems you're having. I recommend reading 1 John and studying the fruit of the Spirit to see if you have it, that way you can test yourself to see if the Holy Spirit is in you (2 Corinthians 13:5 tells us to test ourselves).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have accepted Christ as Lord. But my walk is not consistent with my confession.
I would like to share a few things with you. I hope this is ok, I've never replied to a post on the prayer wall before.

Overall you seem very down on yourself it seems. However to know, realize and admit that your walk with God right now is not consistent with your confession of Him actually is a very good and positive thing. Only when we know that there is a problem, do we seek to fix it.

The Lord and the Holy Spirit are working in your heart and showing you that you have some work to do. That is not a bad thing unless we are not willing to follow. If you are willing to follow, then you will look back in a year and see this is a great time in your walk with God. God is trying to take you to a new level of spiritual maturity. This is a good thing. :oldthumbsup:

Each new day we are given the opportunity to do better. To look at the past or yesterday and decide that we want to now do something better or differently. Embrace tomorrow and all the new plans God has for you, His Child.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that is my responsibility.

And you're certain of that? Your perfection is your responsibility? Hebrews 12:2 "author and finisher"? Doesn't look like there's room for you in that throne. Unless you're wanting to force yourself onto it? James 2:8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom.
What is the rest of that verse and it's context?

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

One of the big pieces of this verse is that there are people who will claim in heaven that they know Christ. That they were doing miracles in His name, but they NEVER KNEW HIM.

The one's who practice lawlessness are those who are not repentant and those who do not think that their being righteouss is important. And it is important to God. But those who are walking with God each day and trying to walk in His righteousness and listening to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and repenting of sin, those people are not those in this verse.

Are you trying to walk with Christ in righteousness and repenting of your sin? Trying to turn from that sin? We are not always able to turn from a sin immediately, some sins are harder to overcome and Christ walks with us, giving us strength and we do get stronger over time. Sometimes we do not realize that God wants us to keep trying. Everytime we fall, we pick ourselves back up. We repent. We try again. It is that trying again even if we fail that eventually leads to overcoming sin.

Keep picking yourself back up.

Upvote 0

LastServant

Jan 26, 2017
USA
✟15,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What is impossible for your flesh to do, is possible for God to do. Patience is the key word when it comes to God and His Will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I want to obey the laws of God; but it is impossible. I don't know how righteous people do it. I keep telling myself, if only I can stop sinning I may get saved.
Jesus did not come for the well, Jesus came for the sick. A doctor does not come for the well to help the well. A doctor comes for the sick to help them become well.

You have the Lord, the Great Healer. He came for all of us exactly like you that know that they are sick. That know that alone they cannot hope to become well, but with Jesus all things are possible. It is not 'our' strength that helps us to keep going and to try again and hopefully do better, but by Christ's strength. We can do ALL THINGS through Christ, who strengthens us.

Ask Christ to help. Ask Christ for His strength. Is your heart full of fear, ask the Lord for peace. His perfect love casts out all fear. But it takes time for us to see that perfect love. So look to the promises of God.

* He will NEVER leave you or forsake you.
* If you forgive others of their sins, your Father in heaven will forgive you your sins.
* You are His Beloved, precious Child. He loved you before you ever came to Him. He loved you when you were still an enemy of Him and not His Child. How MUCH MORE now that you are His Child, does He love you!
* Anyone that comes to Him, He will NEVER cast away.

Know who you are in Christ. You are a co-heir with Christ to the Father. You will one day be glorified in Christ just like the Father glorified His Son when He raised Him in ressurection. You have a great future. You are the King's Kid. :clap: NO ONE can remove you from Christ. There is no power higher than the Father and the Father gave us to His Son. You are in good hands. You could never be in better hands.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Keep your sin in perspective.

The people who are around you that you see being righteous, do you think that just happened overnight? Probably not. God does not look at each of us and look at others and compare His Children. No. No.

God compares you to yourself. Are you better than you were 6 months ago? It is you that conquers your own battles and become more like Christ than you were before.

So do not compare yourselves to others. If you find other people that are Godly and walking with God in obedience and turning from sin, than those people are the people that you want as your friends and to look up to. If they can do it with the help of the Lord, then you can do it too. You can do YOUR BEST for the Lord. That is what Christ wants is our best.

Everytime you fall, repent and pick yourself back up again. Then try again. Each day is a day to be better. Don't be down on yourself. That is what Satan wants us to think, we can't do it. Don't listen to him, listen to your Lord.

May God bless you and my prayers are with you.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I used to be just like this. No matter how many times I asked God to forgive me, I never seemed to change.
Guess what was preventing it? I wasn't forgiving people. I learned that the Bible says that God won't forgive us if we don't forgive others (Matthew 6:15), but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get rid of the feelings I had toward people, so I asked God to take away any negative feelings I had toward other people so that He would forgive me. Immediately afterwards, I was filled with peace and the way I thought changed. I figured out what love truly is, because I had it. Then what happened to me showed in my actions, and so many things happened to me that I could not have done myself.
It is true that with people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
But Christians also used to tell me that I was saved, nobody's perfect so don't doubt your salvation, etc. This is wrong. You should test yourself (2 Corinthians 13:5). Study the Bible, try reading 1 John, and study the fruit of the Spirit and see if you have it. If you do not, then you don't have the Holy Spirit in you. Again, for me it was because I wasn't forgiving people.
Also, you will naturally start loving God and other people once you are saved, that's really how you know you are. You will see them as precious and valuable because God made them, regardless of how you feel or what they do to you.
And if you try to do good things if you don't have the Holy Spirit, it's like trying to clean a dirty table with a dirty rag, you'll only end up with a bigger mess.

Anyway, I will definitely be praying for you. I'm glad you want to be a Christian and I hope God gives you wisdom and helps you with any problems you're having.

So true , and if you can continue to elevate yourself to higher ground in Jesus you begin to see others from a better perspective . This too is a work done in you by the Spirit . That's the whole point , God wants us to love by our free will and you can't make yourself love without allowing God to put it in us that he loved us first . We learn to suit up with the full suit of armor . I've lead a few to the Lord that hated my guts ^_^ but they didn't realize even though I didn't put up with their junk , I had a fishing line baited and waiting to catch them the whole time by treating them right and keeping a strong testimony . I've run into a few that got saved later that I hadn't seen for years come up and tell me they got saved .. One in particular , a militant kinda black guy come up and told me, guess what with a big Jesus smile at a Lowes loading dock and we both wept, hugged and had church right there .. The abundant Life ..

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Bless yer heart, none of us are perfect. We still struggle. So did the great men of God throughout the Bible. God's grace inexplicably SUSTAINS us and He KNOWS all that we struggle with. Praying for you, dear one (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's impossible to obey God's laws if you have never heard his voice.

Deuteronomy 28:
1: And if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
2: And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

Revelation 3:
20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

John 18:
37: Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the truth hears my voice."

Psalm 103
19: The LORD has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all.
20: Bless the LORD, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, hearkening to the voice of his word!

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

You didn't address my point. My point was salvation isn't dependent upon works.

worthlessness19 should understand that.
Keep in mind I didn't say we shouldn't try to not stop sinning or doing good things...

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
N
You do understand that obeying Gods laws is not what saves you?
You didn't address my point. My point was salvation isn't dependent upon works.

worthlessness19 should understand that.
Keep in mind I didn't say we shouldn't try to not stop sinning or doing good things...

I know what you are saying.

I can't put my faith in God's law. I get it.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0