Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. :wave: As many of you know, I am a catechumen in the Catholic Church. I think I may actually be a candidate but I'm not sure. My RCIA director is currently in the process of figuring out whether or not my baptism was valid. Also as many of you know, I fell away recently. I backslid. I wish I had not done it and I do want to go back to God. I guess I am just not sure how to go about doing it. I prayed to God for the first time since backsliding just this morning. I am going to do a study of the Nicene Creed which I know is the historical creed of Christianity which is recited in every Mass on Sunday. Please pray for me. I need encouragement and support. I have faith in God but I am having some minor doubts. :( Thank you everyone.

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
PaladinDoodler said:
Hi everyone. :wave: As many of you know, I am a catechumen in the Catholic Church. I think I may actually be a candidate but I'm not sure. My RCIA director is currently in the process of figuring out whether or not my baptism was valid. Also as many of you know, I fell away recently. I backslid. I wish I had not done it and I do want to go back to God. I guess I am just not sure how to go about doing it. I prayed to God for the first time since backsliding just this morning. I am going to do a study of the Nicene Creed which I know is the historical creed of Christianity which is recited in every Mass on Sunday. Please pray for me. I need encouragement and support. I have faith in God but I am having some minor doubts. :( Thank you everyone.
Hi Paladin, know that Jesus loves you always. Sometimes we humans think we know best but find out the hard way, my way is not very rewarding in the long run. When we fall, Jesus wants us to get back up and to keep trying to put his words to practice becasue they are life-giving and life-fulfilling. I hope you continue on your journey into recieving Jesus in the blessed sacrament and to hear the words of absolution in confession because Jesus is there in a very special way and can touch you even more through his ministers who are called to feed the flock, tend the wounded, search out the lost and to always bring one closer to their Savior, God bless.

Upvote 0

11MAN

Feb 19, 2006
✟142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
PaladinDoodler said:
Greetings Catholic friend, I encourage you to read the Holy Bible, faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. Romans10:17. I am an ex-Catholic however the Bible is God's word. I was ay the point of suicide a few years ago and I cried out to God for forgiveness I kept praying and then I received the Holy Spirit. see Luke11. God's word brings us to faith. Fear God and read the Holy Bible
All the best

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi, Paladin--
Reason and complete faith don't come automatically. Backsliding is often just a return to what you consider your self, when you've subjected yourself to a change. A shock absorber.

I'm not saying it's right, but wobbling is a natural part of any process. Forgive yourself, and see slip-ups as a part of moving forward. Your intent is still there.

When we read stories about men of faith, we assume that they were always steadfast. But look at Abraham, who lied about his wife when she really needed his protection...David, who sent a good man out into the front lines so he could steal the guy's wife....Jonah, who chickened out on declaring the Word of the Lord. The stories about faith and miracles were just small windows on believers' lives, delightful highlights in the middle of drearier days.

"Believer" does not imply "flawless." It's a choice to set yourself apart (holy), with an intent to live a more giving and connected life with God.

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Can i ask what on earth you are doing?

You let humans define the relationship of the heart that is between you and God?

I would simply be infuriated if someone doubted my personal relationship between me and God , by 'investigating' wether my baptism was alright? I would leave that church all together and wipe my feet. For God loves and accepts me unconditionally, why would i need a human to verify this for me? Rediculous, proposterous. I would never feel myself more distantiated from God if that was the situation!

PaladinDoodler You seriously have to review your relationship with God.

We are here to love and help others, church or no church makes no difference. Baptism is just a 'symbolic' expression in which we show that we want clean ourselves from sins, and our old 'bad' habits, into following a true doctrine which is the teachings of Christ.

In which do you serve God more, in holding a mass on sunday , or giving a starving man a piece of bread ?

The mass of course is important, as it is an attempt into teaching the lecture of Jesus to the people, but honestly when Jesus tells you the story of the Samaritan, isn't it about love for others? All the people in church, what do they do for others in terms of loving and helping others, ask yourself , what am i doing in loving and helping others? Am i truelly serving God?

There is a difference in the level, God is about people, not about meaningless rituals, its about displaying our love towards others. We have to try to be like Jesus in everything we do. So come to help and serve those who need you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annoula

Freedom
Jul 19, 2005
✟11,322.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The mass of course is important, as it is an attempt into teaching the lecture of Jesus to the people, but honestly when Jesus tells you the story of the Samaritan, isn't it about love for others?

the mass is not an attempt into teaching the lecture of Jesus to the people.

There is a difference in the level, God is about people, not about meaningless rituals, its about displaying our love towards others. We have to try to be like Jesus in everything we do. So come to help and serve those who need you.

again.. the mass is not a meaningless ritual. if you don't accept the "rituals" this is fine.
Catholics don't see the mass or specific services and practices of the Catholic church as meaningless.

maybe a Catholic could answer far better than myself on this issue..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.