I want to believe, help?

Carbohydrate

Jul 11, 2011
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've come here seeking answers to the questions which are holding me back from being a christian. I was never baptised, I've never gone to church without having to, I've smoked (including weed), I've drunk alcohol, I swear, I've spoke badly about Christianity, I'm the total opposite of a christian. However, when I think of christianity I've started to feel this 'glow' and I've started getting interested.

I don't know much about it either. I don't see how god can not give someone an afterlife just because they don't believe or because they stole something... But, I have an open mind and I'm willing to change.

Sorry if I went overboard, I love to talk. :)

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've come here seeking answers to the questions which are holding me back from being a christian. I was never baptised, I've never gone to church without having to, I've smoked (including weed), I've drunk alcohol, I swear, I've spoke badly about Christianity, I'm the total opposite of a christian. However, when I think of christianity I've started to feel this 'glow' and I've started getting interested.

I don't know much about it either. I don't see how god can not give someone an afterlife just because they don't believe or because they stole something... But, I have an open mind and I'm willing to change.

Guess the lake of forgetfullness will hold your sins just as it holds mine.

Once you ask Jesus into your heart and repent of your sins - God sees your sins no more. But if you don't ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life - you are making the decision, not Jesus.

If you are feeling the 'glow' and interest is building Jesus is knocking on he door of your heart and now is the time to make tht decision.

Accept Jesus into your heart and be a shining light to a darkened world - your life will never be the same.

Upvote 0

Jake255

Jul 10, 2011
✟17,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Hi :wave:
Welcome, I am new here, too! It sounds like God is calling you, I would just start talking to Him and asking Him to reveal more of Himself to you. Do you have a Bible you can read? Start reading and praying. He will show His truth to you!
Enjoy your time here.

Upvote 0

Jake255

Jul 10, 2011
✟17,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I do. Reading random pages? Half of it doesn't make sense to me. I've always turned down christianity because I don't feel god accepts me as a bisexual... :/
I wouldn't read randomly at this point, maybe begin with John!
What you have said in your OP, I still believe God is calling you. The Bible tells us to seek Him, and it seems that is what He wants you to do at this point.

Bless you. :)

Upvote 0

Jake255

Jul 10, 2011
✟17,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I do. Reading random pages? Half of it doesn't make sense to me. I've always turned down christianity because I don't feel god accepts me as a bisexual... :/
I wouldn't read randomly at this point, maybe begin with John!
What you have said in your OP, I still believe God is calling you. The Bible tells us to seek Him, and it seems that is what He wants you to do at this point.

Bless you. :)

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

that's understandable and it makes sense.

But one of the problems so many people have is that long list of things that they think God will not accept. and they feel that somehow they have to change and become squeeky clean, and then MAYBE God will accept them.

But you know what? God isn't put off by the condition you are in right now, because God is still in the creation business.:thumbsup:

He creates ALL things new.
and yes, that means you too. :thumbsup:

you see, while most people would think of making themselves over from the outside, God makes all things new from the inside--starting with your heart, and then how you think about things, and how you see others, and then at last--how you act.

But He starts with your heart.
that's something you can offer Him that He will accept.

Upvote 0

Carbohydrate

Jul 11, 2011
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Awh! You all seem so nice and welcoming. I love the christian community. Can I just ask you all, what keeps you believing? What keeps your beliefs so strong?

John it is. I'm starting as of tonight. When it tells me stuff about his children, do I need to pay attention? Because I don't see the point in me knowing children's names and that...

I feel like the devil has taken me over, and that god no longer has a choice. They say the good voice in your head is god, right? Well, lately I've just felt angree and disgust, and I can't help but look at stuff in a pesimistic way. >_<

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jake255

Jul 10, 2011
✟17,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Awh! You all seem so nice and welcoming. I love the christian community. Can I just ask you all, what keeps you believing? What keeps your beliefs so strong?

John it is. I'm starting as of tonight. When it tells me stuff about his children, do I need to pay attention? Because I don't see the point in me knowing children's names and that...

I feel like the devil has taken me over, and that god no longer has a choice. They say the good voice in your head is god, right? Well, lately I've just felt angree and disgust, and I can't help but look at stuff in a pesimistic way. >_<
:) Great! John is a good book. Are you talking about geneology stuff? It's just to show who Jesus was descended from, just skip over it for right now.
Please, first pray before you begin to read, ask God to open your eyes and soften your heart while you are reading. I will be in agreement with you in prayer!
No, the voice in your head is probably yours, no offense, but God speaks to our hearts, and I'm not saying that God doesn't talk to us in our heads sometimes, but if you are listening to bad thoughts - those are not from God.
God is stronger than Satan, and it might feel like satan has taken over, but with God nudging you, that means it hasn't happened, God is calling you.

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi! And welcome!

Glad to have you here as a part of our community. I hope that your time here will lead you into a loving relationship with Jesus Christ! As far as reading the book of John, the term children that is used is referring to us who have received the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ! When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, believing on His name we become children of God. As children of God we are a new creation and we have the promise of an eternity in Heaven.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

God sent His Son Jesus Christ into the world because of His love for us. He loves you so much! Anyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. We are not deserving of it, but He loves us so much that He sent His Son to the world to do what we ourselves could not do. His Son, Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, one that we ourselves could not make because of our sin. But Jesus did not stay dead. He rose again on the 3rd day and because of that we can take part in His victory over sin and death. I would be honored to have you as my brother in Christ! There is no sin that you've ever committed that can separate you from Him. For His sacrifice on the cross has covered it all. All you need to do is believe. I encourage you to call out to Him and believe upon His name. It will be the best decision you ever make! Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all. My email is tcwoods91@gmail.com. I'm here for you!

-Trevor

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Snow Angel

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2005
Montana.
Visit site
✟8,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=&quot]I am a Christian
By Maya Angelou

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting, "I'm clean livin."
I'm whispering, "I was lost,"
Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say, "I am a Christian"
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean my mess.

I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
but, God believes I am worth it.

I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.

I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
who received God's grace thru the blood of Jesus, and, I bow!
Give It some Time You will be fine''God Loves You:[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Carbohydrate

Jul 11, 2011
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see. Thank you everyone, you've helped me out so much and I'm going to pray and try and get through John. I have a bible on my shelf, I just need to blow of the dust.
Thank you everyone, for posting and helping me to see clearer.

If I have any other questions I'll email you, tcwoods, if that's ok? Thanks again! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=&quot]I am a Christian[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By Maya Angelou[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I say... "I am a Christian"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm not shouting, "I'm clean livin."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm whispering, "I was lost,"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now I'm found and forgiven.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I say, "I am a Christian"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm confessing that I stumble[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and need CHRIST to be my guide.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm not trying to be strong.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm professing that I'm weak[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and need HIS strength to carry on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm not bragging of success.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm admitting I have failed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and need God to clean my mess.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm not claiming to be perfect,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My flaws are far too visible[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]but, God believes I am worth it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I still feel the sting of pain,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have my share of heartaches[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I call upon His name.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm not holier than thou,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm just a simple sinner[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]who received God's grace thru the blood of Jesus, and, I bow![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Give It some Time You will be fine''God Loves You:[/FONT]

That is soooooo beautiful and so true. Love the little sentence in your signature - 'if the devil comes knocking at your door, just ask Jesus would you get that for me'. Couldn't remember it - but that is the jest.

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see. Thank you everyone, you've helped me out so much and I'm going to pray and try and get through John. I have a bible on my shelf, I just need to blow of the dust.
Thank you everyone, for posting and helping me to see clearer.

If I have any other questions I'll email you, tcwoods, if that's ok? Thanks again! :D

Yes sir! It'd be an honor :)

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2011
✟15,178.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi Carbohydrate! Afterlife is the way the Universe works and God gives us the opportunity to improve in every life. Religion is a creation of mankind. Jesus never said any religion should be established, but that we should have our own personal communication with God. Yes, you can't see him, but you can't see Love or the wind either. God always forgives, it is us that don't forgive ourselves. so be and feel free.
Love, Conscience and Freedom are of the essence. cheers.

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi Carbohydrate! Afterlife is the way the Universe works and God gives us the opportunity to improve in every life. Religion is a creation of mankind. Jesus never said any religion should be established, but that we should have our own personal communication with God. Yes, you can't see him, but you can't see Love or the wind either. God always forgives, it is us that don't forgive ourselves. so be and feel free.
Love, Conscience and Freedom are of the essence. cheers.

We only have one life and there is only one way to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. He made it very clear that He is the only way. There is no other way. He that denies the Son of God denies the Father. Only in Jesus Christ are we set free.

Upvote 0