Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I WANT TO BE YOUR FATHER.
Many of us were born into a safe environment, we knew what it was to have parents who loved us. Others have never really known what it was to really experience that love. Generally speaking though children should be carefree, contained in their own world with the pressures of life far removed from them. As we grow up we learn that everything is not so perfect and we build walls around us to protect us from hurts. We find it hard to totally trust anyone and expose our deepest feelings, for we develop a fear of man. We try to live self- reliant lives and wonder why often things seem to collapse round about us. Adam was an adult who walked in perfect harmony with God. In the Garden of Eden there was an atmosphere of perfect love between Adam and God , yet here we have an adult man fully dependent on God. The fall meant that the beauty of that relationship has been lost by mankind but the wonder of it all is: it is ours to regain.

The Father has cried out to His people

Deut 32:5-6 Deu 32:5 "They have corrupted themselves;
They are not His children,
Because of their blemish:
A perverse and crooked generation.
Deu 32:6 Do you thus deal with the LORD,
O foolish and unwise people?
Is He not your Father, who bought you?
Has He not made you and established you?

Psa 68:5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.

Isa 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth!
For the LORD has spoken:
"I have nourished and brought up children,
And they have rebelled against Me;

Isa 43:1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
Isa 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
Isa 43:3 For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
Isa 43:4 Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you;
Therefore I will give men for you,
And people for your life.
Isa 43:5 Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east,
And gather you from the west;
Isa 43:6 I will say to the north, "Give them up!'
And to the south, "Do not keep them back!'
Bring My sons from afar,
And My daughters from the ends of the earth--
Isa 43:7 Everyone who is called by My name,
Whom I have created for My glory;
I have formed him, yes, I have made him."

Jer 3:19 "But I said:
"How can I put you among the children
And give you a pleasant land,
A beautiful heritage of the hosts of nations?'
"And I said:
"You shall call Me, "My Father,"
And not turn away from Me.'

God is our Father and He desires to reveal more of Himself to us. He wants us to really know what it is to be part of His family. Man’s sin separated us from Him but He in His grace and mercy found a way for our sin to be dealt with so we could be united to Him again.

God's heart

2Co 6:17 Therefore
"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
2Co 6:18 "I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty

We can leave the ways of the world and become the sons and daughters that God intended.. We can have the relationship with God that we were made for!
Look again at Is 43:6. The sons of God will be collected from the four corners of the earth.
Fatherhood is personal
He does not want to be a distant Father. He is not afar off, for He desires to draw near to you. He is not standing there waiting to wave a big stick of judgment. Our experience of our own fathers can affect how we view God. Even a good father is limited by human weaknesses and inadequacies. God is not just 'Father of creation' or 'Father of all'. He wants you to know Him personally and intimately as your Father – Abba Father- Daddy.
False perceptions of fatherhood:

• You inherit your father’s genes and that’s it.
• A father is absent either because he is not there or is too busy to be involved.
• Fathering means domination, control, manipulation or anger.

Isa 63:16 Doubtless You are our Father,
Though Abraham was ignorant of us,
And Israel does not acknowledge us.
You, O LORD, are our Father;
Our Redeemer from Everlasting is Your name.

Jer 3:19 "But I said:
"How can I put you among the children
And give you a pleasant land,
A beautiful heritage of the hosts of nations?'
"And I said:
"You shall call Me, "My Father,"
And not turn away from Me.'

2Co 6:18 "I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty."

“I will be a Father to you” How amazing is that he wants us to know true intimacy with Him.
GOD IS OUR FATHER.

Fathering is a lifelong process. Good fathers teach their kids about life. They help them when they are stuck, and offer advice and encouragement – they don't leave small children to their own devices.
God wants to be an active Father to us, on a day to day basis. He will not leave us to carry on in our own strength. He is our refuge and our strength. He calls us into the shelter of His wings to protect us, care for us, nurture us and lead us in His ways.
We are not orphans
We do not want to be fatherless orphans, do we? A fatherless child has no name, no identity, no rights and no inheritance. He has to make his own identity for himself. An orphan has to be independent and make his own way in life, fending for himself and look for man’s approval.
The church has lots of spiritual orphans; people who strive to be good and to work for Him, to earn His approval. God is Father and He does not want us to be orphans. He wants to father us! He has adopted us into His family. We as Christians are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.

Joh 14:18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

We are not orphans for we have been reconciled to the Father through the Son, the emptiness of our hearts can be dealt with. We can again enjoy the same type of intimacy and closeness in our relationship with God the Father that Adam and Eve first enjoyed. We are heirs to the promises of the scriptures. We need not walk alone for we can enjoy the freedom of being a son or daughter of our Heavenly Father.
This is what John 3:16 is all about.
God wants to reveal Himself to us as 'Father' and He wants to be a Father to us, day by day, in an ongoing, vital, life-giving and life-changing relationship.
Sons and daughters are not like orphans: we have rights, an inheritance and a place in the family. We can know that we are loved for who we are. This is a free gift from God , it is not earned because of what we do but given to us because of who we are.
Rooted and established in love

Eph 3:14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
Eph 3:17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-- Eph 3:19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

• Our Father has given us a name. v15.
• God has unlimited riches and resources. V16 We can therefore afford to be generous.
• He strengthens us with might in our inner being by the Spirit living in us v16
• We have power from the Holy Spirit. V16
• Christ the Son dwells in our hearts through faith. V17
• We are rooted and established in love - a strong connection to the magnitude of God's love. V17
• We can understand the width, length, height and depth of God's love:
o Width – a broad experience, reaching across the whole world.
o Length – eternal love
o Heights – the wonder of that love, the magnitude of love
o Depth - there is no love greater or deeper.
• We can really know the love of Christ in a deep and profound way and that love goes beyond our human understanding and we can be filled with all the fullness of the Godhead, filling us up to overflowing, so that Jesus and the Father are seen in us, remember we are made in their image.

God says "I WILL BE A FATHER TO YOU AND YOU WILL BE MY SONS AND DAUGHTERS"

From studying Fathers heart material and experiencing revelation of His heart for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.