Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
✟15,126.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Some background info:
I was baptized and raised as a Catholic. My family goes to church on holidays, but not on Sunday mornings. So you could say we aren't very religious.
As I have grown older I have began to doubt my religion more and more. I continue to learn about evolution and the science behind our earth in school, and just as of this month or so I had just about abandoned the thought of there even being a god at all.

Last weekend, I went on a church retreat with my conformation class (I am 16 and in the process of being conformed). Throughout the retreat, I would pray to God and ask him to give me a sign that he was there. I continued to become more doubtful and depressed because I was hearing all of these stories about how God touched people's hearts and I was sitting there wondering to myself, 'if God is there why doesn't he care about me?'
At one point during a presentation, I began to cry to myself in this auditorium because my life has been so crappy lately and I really wanted/needed faith, or something, or ANYthing. It was at that point, when my hands were in my palms, that I felt a hand on my shoulder. I thought it was someone sitting near me and was pretty embarrassed, so I looked up and wiped the tears off. I looked over and began to say "sorry", but nobody was there.

The next morning, when I was in line to get breakfast, a man walked into the dining room of the church. He looked to be about 65-75 years old, with grey hair and a little stubble on his face. He was dressed very nicely, with a navy blue coat and nice pants/shoes.

As he walked in we made eye contact and he slowly approached me. When he got to me he put his hand on my shoulder and quietly said, "I'm glad that you came." He then contained to walk away, turning the corner and disappearing.

I thought that maybe he was someone working with the Church or the retreat program, so I didn't think much of it. Then I asked my youth group leader, who was standing right beside me, "who was that man?" She replied with, "what man?"

Ever since then (it's only been like 2 days), I've been praying and feeling a lot better about myself. I feel like that was god's way of restoring my faith.

Do do you guys think that was God?? What is your input on it? I'd love to hear what anyone has to say. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Kuriositina

Kuriositina

57 Varieties
Feb 12, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
✟7,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
It was either God or God speaking through a man. I think he uses others sometimes to let us know that we are loved and cared for. It's just harder to notice because it's easy to take others for granted.

Today my boyfriend was really stressed out and I went out of my way to take some of the burden off of him. I don't take credit for that because on my own I can be somewhat selfish and thoughtless at times. But maybe God was speaking to him through me to let him know that he wasn't completely alone.

Not that I'm saying it wasn't an Angel. I really think it could have been a spirit or human but in the end I don't think it matters. The only thing that really matters is knowing that you are loved. Now you know!

Reactions: Riley Lennon
Upvote 0