✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Biblewriter,

You fairly new to this section and I am just interested in your own eschatology, most know I hold to the pre-wrath position, if they have been here for sometime. Could you please tell me your position? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Biblewriter,

You fairly new to this section and I am just interested in your own eschatology, most know I hold to the pre-wrath position, if they have been here for sometime. Could you please tell me your position? Thanks.

I am convinced that the explicit pronouncements of Bible prophecy mean exactly what they say, and that thus we can understand them only by careful attention to the fine details of their wording.

As a result of this persuasion I believe that all Israel will eventually be gathered back in their ancestral home, that in that home they will be blessed, along with the rest of the world, for a literal 1000 years, and that after that time the world will be destroyed and re-made, with Israel (and the rest of the righteous) somehow preserved during that time (we are not told how) to continue to live there forever.

As a further result of this persuasion, I believe that Judah (only two of the twelve tribes) will pass through a time of great suffering in their land at the hand of a ruthless invader, whom I identify as "the Assyrian" of Isaiah 7, 10, 14, 30, and 31, and of Micah 5 and Nahum. I believe that this is the same individual as "the king of the North" of Daniel 11 and the male goat's little horn of Daniel 8.

I believe that the governments of Europe will collapse, and that out of that chaos ten kings will arise, that one of them will conquer three others, and that all ten will then unite under one head, which the Revelation calls "the Beast," thus reviving of the Roman empire.

I believe that the antichrist is not this Roman ruler, but the end-time ruler of Judah, now called Israel, but not so called in scripture. I identify this individual as the false prophet of Revelation, and an ally of "the Beast."

I believe that some time during this period (we are not told exactly when) "the kings of the East" will come from beyond the Euphrates river with a very large army. Since we are told they will stay for three months, but are not told they are defeated, I assume they will simply go home again.

I believe that when messiah comes, he will first destroy the Assyrian/ king of the North/ little horn, and shortly afterward destroy the armies of the world under the leadership of "the Beast" of Rome. (at Armageddon)

I believe that Gog can be none other than the end times ruler of Russia, and will lead the entire world in a second attack on Israel after Messiah has returned and brought all Israel home.

I also believe that the visions seen by the prophets were not pictures of coming events, but were rather visual symbols of coming events, and that their symbolism is moral, not physical. Thus, I do not believe that Revelation 9 is a primitive man attempting to describe modern weapons of war, but is a moral representation of an evil attacker.

I further believe that the key to the Bible is the Bible, and that thus we can understand the moral significance of the symbols in prophetic visions only through Biblical statements about their meaning. (I totally reject the notion that we are free to interpret these visions as we choose.) As such, when we are specifically told what a symbol means in one vision, I believe that symbol has the same meaning in other visions.

After stating all this, I will finally add that I believe that the church will be removed from the earth before all this begins to happen. But I am acutely aware that NO scripture specifically states when this will happen. It only says it will happen. The timing of this event is never specifically stated. Our individual conclusions about when this event will take place are based IN THEIR ENTIRETIES on out differing opinions about the meanings of various statements in the Bible. I thus can condemn no one whose opinion is different from my own, because the timing of this event is never explicitly stated.

Upvote 0

good4u

<font color="darkblue"><font size="3"><b><i><font
Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well,... after all that my question is not answered. Simple English will get you far here in this section. It appears you are a pre-tribber tho' you disguise it with all your verbage, unfortunately. Because of that I could be wrong. So I guess I will ask it again.

What eschatological view do you hold?

It really is a simple question, Biblewriter. Please make it a simple answer. Take two...

Upvote 0
L

lecoop

After stating all this, I will finally add that I believe that the church will be removed from the earth before all this begins to happen. But I am acutely aware that NO scripture specifically states when this will happen. It only says it will happen. The timing of this event is never specifically stated. Our individual conclusions about when this event will take place are based IN THEIR ENTIRETIES on out differing opinions about the meanings of various statements in the Bible. I thus can condemn no one whose opinion is different from my own, because the timing of this event is never explicitly stated.

I disagree - as I think John shows us the raptured church in heaven as the great crowd without number, before the 70th week and Day of the Lord gets started. Therefore, he pretty well pinpoints the timing.

Coop

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well,... after all that my question is not answered. Simple English will get you far here in this section. It appears you are a pre-tribber tho' you disguise it with all your verbage, unfortunately. Because of that I could be wrong. So I guess I will ask it again.

What eschatological view do you hold?

It really is a simple question, Biblewriter. Please make it a simple answer. Take two...

I see that lecoop is a more careful reader that you are, but I understand. My answer was long. I answered the question you asked, rather than the one you intended. You wanted my position on the rapture and its timing. But the question you asked was much more general. You asked for my eschatological position. That is a very wide ranging question.

Yes, I am pre-trib. I do not care to debate that at this time, for that has been beaten to death here, again and again. We will never reach consensus on it because we start from radically different points of view. Almost everyone here imagines himself to be an expert, and is not here to learn, but to teach.

But eschatology is the study of a very large part of the Bible. Most consider it to occupy a fourth of the Bible, but I include the Psalms in that study, and that makes it a full third of the Bible. Most of those who spew out invective against those who disagree with themselves are almost completely ignorant of much of what Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and most of the minor prophets wrote. They are trying to interpret Daniel and the Revelation, but they have not bothered to learn the many expressly stated prophecies of the Old Testament.

It is impossible to come to an understanding of the deep parts of Bible prophecy without first getting at least a general understanding of the parts that are explicitly stated. But many self-imagined "experts" on the subject know almost nothing about many of these explicit pronouncements of God.

Upvote 0

good4u

Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I see that lecoop is a more careful reader that you are, but I understand. My answer was long. I answered the question you asked, rather than the one you intended. You wanted my position on the rapture and its timing. But the question you asked was much more general. You asked for my eschatological position. That is a very wide ranging question.

Yes, I am pre-trib. I do not care to debate that at this time, for that has been beaten to death here, again and again. We will never reach consensus on it because we start from radically different points of view. Almost everyone here imagines himself to be an expert, and is not here to learn, but to teach.

But eschatology is the study of a very large part of the Bible. Most consider it to occupy a fourth of the Bible, but I include the Psalms in that study, and that makes it a full third of the Bible. Most of those who spew out invective against those who disagree with themselves are almost completely ignorant of much of what Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and most of the minor prophets wrote. They are trying to interpret Daniel and the Revelation, but they have not bothered to learn the many expressly stated prophecies of the Old Testament.

It is impossible to come to an understanding of the deep parts of Bible prophecy without first getting at least a general understanding of the parts that are explicitly stated. But many self-imagined "experts" on the subject know almost nothing about many of these explicit pronouncements of God.

I just don't have the time to wade thru all your verbage and that is a result of my career training, for better or worse. You are not the first person here who likes to hear themselves talk, trust me!

That is why I always request talking points.

It clarifies positons and gives me it "quick and dirty," if you will, way to know where you come from. It is an evaluation, not a disparagement.

You will never, ever change my mind on pre-wrath only God has the power to do that, and I been corrected by Him on this from just where you are now. But each in their own time and way. It is not for me to decide or be the catylast, I know who is boss--- and it ain't Moderators!

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You will never, ever change my mind on pre-wrath only God has the power to do that, and I been corrected by Him on this from just where you are now. But each in their own time and way. It is not for me to decide or be the catylast, I know who is boss--- and it ain't Moderators!

That's why I was not interested ion debating it.

Upvote 0

good4u

Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's why I was not interested ion debating it.

Do you really think you are going to change someone's view here? Believe me, it will take more than verbage to do that...it will never happen. But if you just want to expound what has been said ad nauseum, this is your place. Sorry if I sound jaded, it may be because I am. You have not been around long enough. But that is okay. Many post until they burn out and leave, many just lurk, many just are addicted and need a real life. I have seen it all.

As Solomn said there is nothing new under the sun and all is vanity. He was more right than he knew and why Scripture is eternal.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you really think you are going to change someone's view here? Believe me, it will take more than verbage to do that...it will never happen. But if you just want to expound what has been said ad nauseum, this is your place. Sorry if I sound jaded, it may be because I am. You have not been around long enough. But that is okay. Many post until they burn out and leave, many just lurk, many just are addicted and need a real life. I have seen it all.

As Solomn said there is nothing new under the sun and all is vanity. He was more right than he knew and why Scripture is eternal.
I think his entire point was that he DOESN'T think he's going to change your mind.. thus he's not going to bother trying.

There was nothing in his post that attempted to convince anyone of the pre-trib rapture, he merely stated that he himself believes in it.

Also, if you ask someone a general question about what they believe on a vast topic, its likely you're going to get a long answer. He wasn't talking to hear himself talk, he was answering your question in detail.

If all you want is to stuff people into neat little catagories, thats one thing, if you want to actually understand what people think, and why, you will need to get detailed answers.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am convinced that the explicit pronouncements of Bible prophecy mean exactly what they say, and that thus we can understand them only by careful attention to the fine details of their wording.

As a result of this persuasion I believe that all Israel will eventually be gathered back in their ancestral home, that in that home they will be blessed, along with the rest of the world, for a literal 1000 years, and that after that time the world will be destroyed and re-made, with Israel (and the rest of the righteous) somehow preserved during that time (we are not told how) to continue to live there forever.

As a further result of this persuasion, I believe that Judah (only two of the twelve tribes) will pass through a time of great suffering in their land at the hand of a ruthless invader, whom I identify as "the Assyrian" of Isaiah 7, 10, 14, 30, and 31, and of Micah 5 and Nahum. I believe that this is the same individual as "the king of the North" of Daniel 11 and the male goat's little horn of Daniel 8.

I believe that the governments of Europe will collapse, and that out of that chaos ten kings will arise, that one of them will conquer three others, and that all ten will then unite under one head, which the Revelation calls "the Beast," thus reviving of the Roman empire.

I believe that the antichrist is not this Roman ruler, but the end-time ruler of Judah, now called Israel, but not so called in scripture. I identify this individual as the false prophet of Revelation, and an ally of "the Beast."

I believe that some time during this period (we are not told exactly when) "the kings of the East" will come from beyond the Euphrates river with a very large army. Since we are told they will stay for three months, but are not told they are defeated, I assume they will simply go home again.

I believe that when messiah comes, he will first destroy the Assyrian/ king of the North/ little horn, and shortly afterward destroy the armies of the world under the leadership of "the Beast" of Rome. (at Armageddon)

I believe that Gog can be none other than the end times ruler of Russia, and will lead the entire world in a second attack on Israel after Messiah has returned and brought all Israel home.

I also believe that the visions seen by the prophets were not pictures of coming events, but were rather visual symbols of coming events, and that their symbolism is moral, not physical. Thus, I do not believe that Revelation 9 is a primitive man attempting to describe modern weapons of war, but is a moral representation of an evil attacker.

I further believe that the key to the Bible is the Bible, and that thus we can understand the moral significance of the symbols in prophetic visions only through Biblical statements about their meaning. (I totally reject the notion that we are free to interpret these visions as we choose.) As such, when we are specifically told what a symbol means in one vision, I believe that symbol has the same meaning in other visions.

Very interesting.

I think the only general point on which I would disagree would be the timing of the rapture. I'm obviously 'post-trib'.

Other than that I'd say you're pretty much right on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

good4u

Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think his entire point was that he DOESN'T think he's going to change your mind.. thus he's not going to bother trying.

There was nothing in his post that attempted to convince anyone of the pre-trib rapture, he merely stated that he himself believes in it.

Also, if you ask someone a general question about what they believe on a vast topic, its likely you're going to get a long answer. He wasn't talking to hear himself talk, he was answering your question in detail.

If all you want is to stuff people into neat little catagories, thats one thing, if you want to actually understand what people think, and why, you will need to get detailed answers.

You have read my entire post in error. What is new here? No surprise...because you are mistaken.

You should have asked me first.

But too late I will not explain myself to you since the one I questioned didn't seem to have a problem with it, why do you?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Getting anyone to change a point of view is a daunting task...

The Halak method of study is one where a student is led by his questions which brings up more questions and thereby the disciple comes to his own conclusions based along a guide who assists the student in his learning...Answers are not really answers at all but a basis for more questions...It is to form opinions on exegesis instead of Isogesis.

It was a formula used in writing the Bible and the manner in which it is to be studied. The paradoxes are too numerous to ignore. They always create more questions and a good student always picks up on them and is clued in to when they appear. Someone who believes that they already know is not gonna change their mind. They ask questions with a particular answer in mind all along. It is considered baiting...

The verse here about destroying those who destroy the Earth is telling...I believe that the end will be in some kind of war, possibly of a nuclear war...it definately would destroy the earth while steralizing it with no hope of life...

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You have read my entire post in error. What is new here? No surprise...because you are mistaken.

You should have asked me first.

But too late I will not explain myself to you since the one I questioned didn't seem to have a problem with it, why do you?
sure, whatever

Upvote 0

good4u

Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The verse here about destroying those who destroy the Earth is telling...I believe that the end will be in some kind of war, possibly of a nuclear war...it definately would destroy the earth while steralizing it with no hope of life...

YOU ARE EXACTLY CORRECT!

Except in this case, Mystery Bablyon will not have a chance to fight back...it will be one sided. God has purposed it just that way. The Beast will come to hate her and destroy her in one hour. There is no other logical conclusion, but nuclear weapons.

I discuss who Mystery Babylon is elsewhere in another thread.

Very perceptive, JohnDB.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trumpeter

Jun 5, 2007
✟15,374.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
JohnDB

Rev 11:18 The nations were angry;
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great -
and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

Glad to see you quote the NIV, the version I prefer.

Rev. 11:18 occurs at the end of the great tribulation, a future time when the nations beacome angry at God because of the many judgments and plagues (16:9).

The dead being judged is the first resurrection of the righteous (Rev. 20:11), it includes the OT saints and the tribulation saints, but not the Church "saints" who are already in heaven (5:8; 8:3).

There will be massive destruction world wide by the Antichrist and others like him during the Trib, these are the ones the Lord will destroy at his coming.

Rev 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
"Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
Rev 18:5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.

God is speaking here of his people the Israelites to flee Babylon before God's judgment begins (Jer. 50:8), they are not church saints who already are in heaven identified as "saints and apostles and prophets" (18:20). They rejoice over God's judgment of Babylon "for the way she treated" them prior to the Rapture.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.