Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Again, that doesn't change anything. You are speaking hear of the words or terms not being in Scripture, but I said that the doctrine of Mary's supposed Perpetual Virginity is not in Scripture, that it has no support in Scripture.

I would be most interested in reading your understanding/belief is on what Ezekiel was prophesying in Ezekiel 44:2.

Also Albion, and not trying to come off being arrogant, but I can't help but notice you once again dismissed my request of addressing the last paragraph in post # 13. Being some what of a Christian history buff, I would sincerely appreciate your input. I will post it once again.

After reading these quotes from Martin Luther, could you show where in the history of the Anglican Church, where the belief of the Perpetual Virginity of Mary became problematic? As well by who's authority in the hierarchy of Anglican Church declared it problematic? And why is it problematic in the Anglican Church today considering it was not in Martin Luther's day?

Thank you

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Of course, but that doesn't affect the point made in my previous post.

I disagree, but do appreciate your accepting my correction of you, referring to the Catholic Church wholly as "The Roman Catholic Church."

Thank you

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Also Albion, and not trying to come off being arrogant, but I can't help but notice you once again dismissed my request of addressing the last paragraph in post # 13. Being some what of a Christian history buff, I would sincerely appreciate your input. I will post it once again.

Thank you
It is not problematic in the Anglican churches, Fieldbus. I cannot speak for the Lutheran view of such things except that what Martin Luther held as a personal opinion is not what determines doctrine for those folks.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I disagree, but do appreciate your accepting my correction of you, referring to the Catholic Church wholly as "The Roman Catholic Church."

Thank you
I didnt accept your "correction." I know full well that the Latin Rite is one of over twenty such rites in the church.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It is not problematic in the Anglican churches, Fieldbus.

Hey Albion, and thanks for your responce. I am sure it was just a type-o, but my username is "Fidelibus" which is Latin for "Believer", not Fieldbus. :)

You say the Perpetual Virginity of Mary is not problematic in the Anglican churches. Now that leaves me a bit perplexed on two counts. First you say "not problematic in Anglican churches." Plural. Before my conversion to the Catholic Church, I attended many different Protestant/non-Denominational churches, but never an Anglican or Episcopal church so I am not privy on their teachings. So when you say "churches", are you meaning like different Rites as in the Catholic Church? I am a firm believer of if you want to know the truth, go to the source, as in this case you, a Anglican. Not someone or some web-site that could be biased.

Secondly, Again when you say the "Perpetual Virginity of Mary is not problematic in the Anglican churches." Does this mean the hierarchy of Anglican church always preached/taught the Perpetual Virginity of Mary is true/absolute and should be believed by all members of the Anglican church?

Well, with no disrespect intended Albion, but it comes off by your posts, as if it is problematic with you personally. Would I be correct in that assumption? If that is the case, am I to assume you do not adhere to "all" Anglican church teachings?

Again Albion, I humbly ask what your understanding/belief is on what Ezekiel was prophesying in Ezekiel 44:2.

Thank you

I cannot speak for the Lutheran view of such things except that what Martin Luther held as a personal opinion is not what determines doctrine for those folks.

Fair enough, maybe a Lutheran would be willing to give their view.

Again, thanks!

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I didnt accept your "correction." I know full well that the Latin Rite is one of over twenty such rites in the church.

Very good. Does this mean in your future posts, your reference to the Catholic Church as a whole will be "The Catholic Church", and not just one of her Rites such as Byzantine, Chaldean, Roman, ect.?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hey Albion, and thanks for your responce. I am sure it was just a type-o, but my username is "Fidelibus" which is Latin for "Believer", not Fieldbus. :)
I am sure that that was a typo, yes.

You say the Perpetual Virginity of Mary is not problematic in the Anglican churches. Now that leaves me a bit perplexed on two counts. First you say "not problematic in Anglican churches." Plural. Before my conversion to the Catholic Church, I attended many different Protestant/non-Denominational churches, but never an Anglican or Episcopal church so I am not privy on their teachings. So when you say "churches", are you meaning like different Rites as in the Catholic Church?
No, not that. There is no worldwide, centralized Anglican church like the Catholic Church. There are many and separate jurisdictions held together--to the extent that they are--by a common heritage. Some differences in practice and doctrine exist. Beyond that, Anglicanism allows (and one might go so far as to say enjoys) a diversity, even within a single jurisdiction, that is uncommon with most other denominations. So, you get Anglo-Catholics, Low Church Anglicans, etc. yet they have more in common with each other than most observers would suppose.

Secondly, Again when you say the "Perpetual Virginity of Mary is not problematic in the Anglican churches." Does this mean the hierarchy of Anglican church always preached/taught the Perpetual Virginity of Mary is true/absolute and should be believed by all members of the Anglican church?

I mean that the official statements of faith that have been produced over the years put that belief in the non-essential category. Yes, there are some Anglicans who believe it, but they have no distinctly or semi-official Anglican point of reference supporting it, no creed, nothing in the Articles of Religion, etc.

They can, of course, defend their belief based on a reading of Scripture or an appeal to tradition like any Roman Catholic would. And the rest of us don't get too worked up over the fact that they believe as they do.

Well, with no disrespect intended Albion, but it comes off by your posts, as if it is problematic with you personally. Would I be correct in that assumption? If that is the case, am I to assume you do not adhere to "all" Anglican church teachings?
Actually, I think I am pretty close to an example of the norm, neither High Church nor Low Church, not entirely comfortable with the extremes of either Anglo-Catholicism or Evangelical Anglicanism, not charismatic or theologically progressive, and yet willing to think of all of those other Anglicans as being Anglican like myself.

Upvote 0