Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a 20 year old and I'm struggling with making friends. I only attended online college, but didnt get that far. I also have pddnos which makes it much harder for me to be good with social skills. Can any of you help point me to where i could meet other Christian's my age?

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a 20 year old and I'm struggling with making friends. I only attended online college, but didnt get that far. I also have pddnos which makes it much harder for me to be good with social skills. Can any of you help point me to where i could meet other Christian's my age?
With pddnos you're in a pickle.
Not bad enough to be with those with "real" problems...not that yours is not.

But not good enough to be with "normal" folk.
What to do?

I'd just try to join a good church that has programs available for singles. Don't TRY TO MAKE FRIENDS...just be nice and friendly to everyone and smile a lot...friends will come naturally. You can't force friendship because others don't understand your problem.

I do because I have a 19 year old niece with the same diagnosis...she's on the autistic spectrum, which you probably are too.

We have to accept what God gave us.
Just be nice to everyone, like I said.
I hope your parents are supportive.
If you could, you might want to consider getting a job,,,any job. I know a young 21 year old male that works in a local supermarket, packing and unpacking. Anything just to be with people.

You'll be in my prayers.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With pddnos you're in a pickle.
Not bad enough to be with those with "real" problems...not that yours is not.

But not good enough to be with "normal" folk.
What to do?

I'd just try to join a good church that has programs available for singles. Don't TRY TO MAKE FRIENDS...just be nice and friendly to everyone and smile a lot...friends will come naturally. You can't force friendship because others don't understand your problem.

I do because I have a 19 year old niece with the same diagnosis...she's on the autistic spectrum, which you probably are too.

We have to accept what God gave us.
Just be nice to everyone, like I said.
I hope your parents are supportive.
If you could, you might want to consider getting a job,,,any job. I know a young 21 year old male that works in a local supermarket, packing and unpacking. Anything just to be with people.

You'll be in my prayers.
Hmmm alright. I sadly cant make q proper smile without laughing, sadly. I also dont know of ways to find churches with singles events.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm alright. I sadly cant make q proper smile without laughing, sadly. I also dont know of ways to find churches with singles events.
Gosh DC. Aren't you living with your parents?
Just go to any church in your neighborhood that you could walk to and keep going there till you find out about what they do and how they are.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gosh DC. Aren't you living with your parents?
Just go to any church in your neighborhood that you could walk to and keep going there till you find out about what they do and how they are.
I am able to drive. With trying to find a place or church where i could talk to people my age, that may be a little harder. Plus, even trying to talk with them, it is kinda hard.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am able to drive. With trying to find a place or church where i could talk to people my age, that may be a little harder. Plus, even trying to talk with them, it is kinda hard.
It might be very difficult to get friendly with people your own age. I find that it might be easier with younger persons or older persons -- which is fine.

Also, it's not necessary to have many friends...one or two would be good. You only need ONE friend.

Go to a church you like. Just keep going there and just go for the church and see what happens.

I've had to change churches and I've found that you make at least one good friend in each one. Don't expect it...just let it happen naturally.

Just be friendly to everyone.

Upvote 0