Charlotte
✟7,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello, I find myself in a very lonely situation with no support from family...I’m 28 and was recently divorced...then fell into sin...now I have a baby on the way and I don’t think the father wants any involvement. My mother says I wouldn’t be loving the child if I kept it because a child needs a father and a mother. She thinks the only right thing to do is to put the child up for adoption. I know that Christ is a father to the fatherless. In my heart, I’ve wanted children forever and the thought of giving my child away is devistating... does anyone have counsel for me?

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Find a way to keep your child. There are plenty of support organizations out there that will help you if you let them know.

Many local assemblies know of such organizations. And some of these churches themselves also have ministries set up just for this very purpose.

Just now, I Googled the words "help for single moms."

One of the MANY sites it listed was...

Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single moms

Eph. 4:16

Upvote 0

lozzymagoo

Mar 9, 2018
UK
✟16,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I find myself in a very lonely situation with no support from family...I’m 28 and was recently divorced...then fell into sin...now I have a baby on the way and I don’t think the father wants any involvement. My mother says I wouldn’t be loving the child if I kept it because a child needs a father and a mother. She thinks the only right thing to do is to put the child up for adoption. I know that Christ is a father to the fatherless. In my heart, I’ve wanted children forever and the thought of giving my child away is devistating... does anyone have counsel for me?

Hi Precious Emma.
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I'm almost 29 & I'm single at the moment after a life of relationships. I've always wanted to be a mum and thought I would be by now, but life just hasn't worked out that way.
I know things haven't worked out the way you wanted them to either, but what you do have right now is beautiful child to give your love to. A child does need a father and a mother but as you say, the father is choosing to not be involved. But your child needs you. He/she is yours. Please don't feel guilty or believe that you cant give your child what they need or deserve. Your child deserves you.
Our God is the father to the fatherless yes, and I believe you could happily raise your child if you hold onto to Jesus.
Bless you and I'll be praying for you.

Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images
Such a situation in which you find yourself! I'd seek counseling with a social worker who knows resources and all that you will need. If you can handle the schedule, the finances and all that goes with raising a child, I think God will bless you. But giving the child up for adoption is a worthy action of love. There are so many couples wanting a baby, but I have no idea any more if you can select from only Christian couples or what!
Find a church that will help you, support you with either decision you make.

Upvote 0