Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have my own website for women going through inferility or miscarriage and also have info on there pertaining to try to concieve. Now, I'm not trying to advertise my site, I need some writers. This would not pay anything. But if you are willing to share your story I'd love to read it and possibly add it to my website.

What I'm looking for are people willing to share how they dealt with God's Will in their family building journey. I think it's very hard to understand and make peace with God's will when you are going through any of this, and I do not yet have any information on my site reguarding this. I'd like to hear ANYONE'S story about how they dealt with this aspect of inability to have kids, infertility, or miscarriage.

Also I'm looking for someone who would be able to share their story about being told they can not have children. My site is encouraging, so especially if your story has a good ending that would be great! Whether you chose to simply not have kids, adopt, or any of the other options (IVF, Embryo Adoption, ect) I'd love to hear your story! I have no insight on this matter, so the more stories the better!

If anyone needs more detail please PM me, and thank you so much for your help! Check out my site if you wish, to see if you'd like to contribute. You can share your stories here or by sending me a PM. We can also exchange email addresses if your story is more lengthy.

(As a disclaimer I recieve no money/profit from my website. It is simply there as an encouragement to women expierencing these things)

Thank you for your time!

Wanted to add - I do not have a lot of information on my site about adoption. I'd love stories of how you came to this decision and God's part in it all. Also, practical info like what you have to go through to adopt (maybe domestic adoption, and overseas adoption) would be wonderful!

JesusFreak4L

Not only living my life, but also His
Nov 2, 2006
Minnesota
✟24,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey i dont know if this will help, but i was adopted when i was 5 weeks old, my birth mom was 16 and my birth dad was 17. They were both Christians and both staring athletes in high school. I am not allowed to meet them till im at least 18 years old.

so yeah hopefully this helped!

Upvote 0

skipper

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Md
✟19,416.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We were a childless couple with some infertility problems, the cost was so great and our insurance at the time would not cover it. A young lady who was in foster care wanted to move in with us so we became liscensed to take her, as it turned out she was moved into another program and could not live with us after five years we fostered our daughter and became her adoptive parents. I had prayed for a baby, but that was not Gods choice for us. We became pregnant after her adoption but it was not to be. I was very mad at God when this happened. I wondered how God could give children to people who hurt them and truely didn't want them. Then during a sermon one Sunday morning our pastor spoke about an empty womb, and it was as if she was speaking to me when she talked about just because a child isn't born from your body, doesn't mean that you aren't a mother and that is when we decided to upgrade our family one more time with one more child, but the Lord doubled our blessing with a sibling group of two wonderful little ladies. God works in very strange ways sometimes and it take an awakening to open your eyes to his wonderfulness.

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was Adopted from Seoul, South Korea I was born in 1985.
I was adopted into a Caucasian family.

I see the post above me, I wish I could do that :(
My girlfriend's daughter's boyfriend just went back to Korea to meet his birth family. He staying there for a year as a teacher.

Hope you can find your birth family some day!

Upvote 0

spiersdodgerblue

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2007
✟18,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too am a birth mother. My daughter will be 8 in Nov..
This is God directed and very open. My daughter her mother and father are coming to stay at my house this weekend (no kidding) and they will meet my 1st. grandchild, for the first time. (she's a girl)hehehe

I know you are looking for the other side of this but if you want to know more PM me.

Have a great day!:wave:

Upvote 0

latebloomer

An Autumn Lutheran Rose
May 4, 2007
Iowa
✟9,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We were a childless couple with infertility problems too. Menopause struck while I was in my mid-30s. Not enough income for adoption. We decided to look into special needs adoption, and in the process decided to become foster parents, thinking of elementary age children. One day the social worker called. There was a 16-month-old boy who needed a foster home "for only 2 or 3 weeks". We had half-hour notice he was coming, but as my husband said, "he needs us". We scrambled to borrow a crib from a relative. We never expected a baby. He had significant developmental delays--at 16 months, he had not learned to walk, for example. That "2 or 3 weeks" kept being extended. During an update of our homestudy, a social worker asked if we would adopt this child if he became available for adoption. We said "in a heartbeat". Several months after this little boy was placed with us, his birth parents voluntarily terminated their parental rights. The next thing we knew, Adoption Day was scheduled. We adopted that little boy 1 year and 17 days after the first day we met him.

Kids don't come with guarantees. Eight months after he was adopted, Tiger was diagnosed with leukemia. He's a tough little guy and he's beating the disease, but it's not an easy treatment. We are grateful for every day we have with him.

Our state doesn't recognize open adoptions, but we know who our son's birth parents are and we sometimes run into them at the grocery store or park. We send them pictures. They know they are unable to care for Tiger. (They are both mentally challenged.) We take him to visit his maternal grandmother, who is in a nursing home. His birth mother's greatest fear when they gave him up was that she'd never see him again. They gave my husband and me the greatest gift we've ever received. Our son's middle name means "gift from God" and he truly is. He's a happy, well-adjusted 4-year-old.

Upvote 0

3Princessmom

Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all so much. I can't wait to add everyone's story to my website. It's down right now, but I'm hoping to get it up and running agina very soon, and you're stories will help me to minister to more people. Thank you so much! Hugs to you all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cookiebaker

May 1, 2007
✟8,011.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thats a good idea you have...adoption is a many faceted issue that is not all good or bad for sure. There are many success stories and there are also some not so great stories. In my case I was adopted as an infant. In those days, I dont believe they really made a point of testing out the adoptive parents...the agencies basically looked to see a nice white couple with money..nice house, car, etc. If they did see those things, they did a basic interview, that almost anybody could pass...they visited teh home to see how it looked...and if it was a nice house in a nice area, it was already approved in their minds..in my case my birhtparents gave me up to expect I would be placed in a loving secure home, instead it turned out the adoptive dad was a severe alcoholic...the adoptive mother was a sociopath who enabled him and did not protect us kids or take appropriate action to protect us. Us kids grew up in a nice house, with a nice car, and a dad who got drunk on a regular basis...and all that goes with that.
I wish that they had more carefully screened my adoptive parents, and looked past the nice house, and cars, done some personality test and parenting classes, psychological exams. My parents were totally incompetent, they knew how to look good for a superficial home visit, and as result my birthparents gave me up for nothing...a real injustice. Just another facet to adoption, to give the whole story...

Upvote 0

cookiebaker

May 1, 2007
✟8,011.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We were a childless couple with some infertility problems, the cost was so great and our insurance at the time would not cover it. A young lady who was in foster care wanted to move in with us so we became liscensed to take her, as it turned out she was moved into another program and could not live with us after five years we fostered our daughter and became her adoptive parents. I had prayed for a baby, but that was not Gods choice for us. We became pregnant after her adoption but it was not to be. I was very mad at God when this happened. I wondered how God could give children to people who hurt them and truely didn't want them. Then during a sermon one Sunday morning our pastor spoke about an empty womb, and it was as if she was speaking to me when she talked about just because a child isn't born from your body, doesn't mean that you aren't a mother and that is when we decided to upgrade our family one more time with one more child, but the Lord doubled our blessing with a sibling group of two wonderful little ladies. God works in very strange ways sometimes and it take an awakening to open your eyes to his wonderfulness.
skipper, I know what you mean...in your case you were on one end of it, in mine, I wass the baby who was adopted into a abusive home. I have wondered why God would allow my birhtparents to have to go through giving me up, thinking I would be placed in a responsible loving home, but instead the agency placed me into alcoholic abusive home...

Upvote 0