I miss them so much still....

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday was exactly 2 months since I had to let my cat ^Nova^ go. I found myself really tearing up, especially about 5:40pm when he left. Today is 2 months since I had to let my cat ^Andromeda^ go and I am really feeling sad today as well and will really feel it in about 4 hours when the times match too. I miss them AND ^Orion^ (left on Dec. 15th 2020) so much. I am unsure why it is hurting so much more than with past losses this time, but it is. One thought I suppose is that I am older now, and better see how precious life is?

I still talk to them daily too. Just random stuff I would say to them IF they were not gone, or I tell them how my day is going, or when I pray to God I ask him to let them know how much I miss them and to give them a chin scratch from me. (great, I am tearing up again)

It never ceases to amaze me just how ingrained our pets (heck, I consider them family members) become in our lives and heart and just how large the whole can be when they are gone. These holes NEVER go away, at least for me. Oh, they will not hurt as much the longer time progresses, but the holes are always there and serve to remind us of them.

^Orion^, ^Nova^, ^Andromeda^, I miss you so much! Please God, let them know how much I miss them, give them a nice chin scratch from me and keep them safe and happy while they are apart from me.

Last edited:

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday was exactly 2 months since I had to let my cat ^Nova^ go. I found myself really tearing up, especially about 5:40pm when he left. Today is 2 months since I had to let my cat ^Andromeda^ go and I am really feeling sad today as well and will really feel it in about 4 hours when the times match too. I miss them AND ^Orion^ (left on Dec. 15th 2020) so much. I am unsure why it is hurting so much more than with past losses this time, but it is. One thought I suppose is that I am older now, and better see how precious life is?

I still talk to them daily too. Just random stuff I would say to them IF they were not gone, or I tell them how my day is going, or when I pray to God I ask him to let them know how much I miss them and to give them a chin scratch from me. (great, I am tearing up again)

It never ceases to amaze me just how ingrained our pets (heck, I consider them family members) become in our lives and heart and just how large the whole can be when they are gone. These holes NEVER go away, at least for me. Oh, they will not hurt as much the longer time progresses, but the holes are always there and serve to remind us of them.

^Orion^, ^Nova^, ^Andromeda^, I miss you so much! Please God, let them know how much I miss them, give them a nice chin scratch from me and keep them safe and happy hile they are apart from me.
Gordon Clark (taught philosophy at Butler University in Indianapolis) said: In one way this is reminiscent of Genesis 2:7. As God breathed into Adam’s nostrils the breath or spirit of life, so too God sent forth his spirit into the animals.

Some people are afraid to say that animals have souls. They not only have souls, they are souls. Some people are afraid to say that animals have spirit. But Genesis 6:17 and 7:15, and Psalm 104:29, as well as Ecclesiastes 3:21 ascribe spirit to animals. Animals are souls. They are not just clay.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wish I could say you get over it. It made me cry reading and feeling your hurt. I seem to be grieving all the time losing so many strays that I feed but mostly I lost my two cats of 18 and 19 years old in 2016 and I still grieve in remembrance. Moving on is important
I hope there is something in your life that will make it easier.
It's hard for others to understand,.they really are our children.
God bless and comfort you. I will be praying for you:)

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
returntosender: I have lost 9 total cats since 2004 and all were painful, but the last 2 were the worst. *sigh* I know over time the pain is less. For now I am focused on ^Andromeda^ biological brother who spent 17 years with her and now missed her a lot and Perseus who was good friends with ^Nova^. Both have totally changed their daily routines and spends most of his day sleeping in the carrier still on the floor (and will remain there as long as he wants to sleep in it all the time). He also wanders screaming for the other cats and it is so sad. :(https://www.coolcybercats.com/images/messages/ApolloScreaming.m4a
That is an audio if him screaming for his sister. I started recording 5 or 10 seconds into it and I am over 35 feet away (he is around the corner and down a long hall). He tends to do that in that spot and in the bedroom (all used to sleep on my bed so he does this at the bed). :(

Oh, I love your avatar!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
returntosender: I have lost 9 total cats since 2004 and all were painful, but the last 2 were the worst. *sigh* I know over time the pain is less. For now I am focused on ^Andromeda^ biological brother who spent 17 years with her and now missed her a lot and Perseus who was good friends with ^Nova^. Both have totally changed their daily routines and spends most of his day sleeping in the carrier still on the floor (and will remain there as long as he wants to sleep in it all the time). He also wanders screaming for the other cats and it is so sad. :(https://www.coolcybercats.com/images/messages/ApolloScreaming.m4a
That is an audio if him screaming for his sister. I started recording 5 or 10 seconds into it and I am over 35 feet away (he is around the corner and down a long hall). He tends to do that in that spot and in the bedroom (all used to sleep on my bed so he does this at the bed). :(

Oh, I love your avatar!
It is for sure to soon for you but for your grieving babies a newcomer might help a lot.
A baby is so playful and would help in comforting their sad spirits.
Thank you, lately I've been wanting to change it but only have my phone.
Take care of yourself and babies )
I am sorry for all your losses, I sadly know what that is.

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
We put my childhood dog down in 2009. I still think about him a lot & miss him. He was so sweet.
It is never easy. I still miss ^Itchy^, my first cat death in 2004. :( Sorry about your dog and I hope he had a good and long (for a dog) life. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is never easy. I still miss ^Itchy^, my first cat death in 2004. :( Sorry about your dog and I hope he had a good and long (for a dog) life. :)
He was just 8 which is short for his breed :cry:, but I know he was happy being part of the family here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums