Oct 30, 2012
Canada
✟7,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just gotta say this.

I'm from a portuguese family and I was born in Canada but I wish I was born in New Zealand! I love New Zealand I don't know why, something about it just fascinates me. I love where it's located and I love the climate and different terrains(beaches, forest, green plains). I love the accent, it sounds so cool... I'd love marrying a girl from New Zealand lol I want to give New Zealand big Hug. :hug:

Anyways that's just my New Zealand rant I bet some people feel the same way about Canada I gotta learn to love what God has given me and where He's put me.^_^

madaz

dyslexic agnostic insomniac
Mar 14, 2012
Gold Coast Australia
✟9,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I was born in New Zealand and recently immigrated to Australia and although NZ will always be my homeland I have no desire to ever return there. Sure the landscape is beautiful and the people so friendly but the reality is its just a cold rainy wind swept nation of small island's with a majority population born in Asia. NZ presently has a struggling economy and remaining there would have been detrimental to my family. Leaving NZ is probably the best thing any young kiwi family should do if they want to thrive and live a good life.

Upvote 0

RecoveringwithChrist

Jesus is alive and so am I
Oct 30, 2012
Canada
✟7,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was born in New Zealand and recently immigrated to Australia and although NZ will always be my homeland I have no desire to ever return there. Sure the landscape is beautiful and the people so friendly but the reality is its just a cold rainy wind swept nation of small island's with a majority population born in Asia. NZ presently has a struggling economy and remaining there would have been detrimental to my family. Leaving NZ is probably the best thing any young kiwi family should do if they want to thrive and live a good life.

:lost: nooooo :runcry:and :sadd:

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Johnnz, do you find many Kiwi financial immigrants decide to return home when they retire?

I don't really know. Some immigrants use NZ as a staging post. They get NZ citizenship then use that to go elsewhere such as USA.

As for Asian dominated. That's a silly, prejudiced comment. There are far fewer Asians that our Maori, and Polynesian groups are also quite large.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I just moved to your wonderful, beautiful country. I married a terrific Kiwi, we met on line here actually. He came over to America where I am from, and from there, we were inseperable. I moved here October 9. We live in Hanmer Springs, sure is lovely.

LOL, I do have a hard time pronouncing a lot of the cities here, like learning a new language, but, it is fun.

I miss my country America, but, the folks here are awesome, so friendly and helpful, it will be good I am sure. I am told I need to live here a year before I am a resident, no problem, I have been here 3 months already.

Oh, LOL, this Christmas was sure different for me, back home in Washington State, we have 2 feet of snow, here, we had our church service outside and it was in the 80's, that was different for sure.

Well, nice to meet you folk. I want to add that I LOVE your national athem, I am memorizing it.

Hugs to all
Susie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I've recently become interested in New Zealand in an unlikely way. I've been introduced to the music of New Zealand singer Gin Wigmore. She's really good, as is her band. They recently appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live: Gin Wigmore Performs "Man Like That" - YouTube

From reading about Gin, I've discovered what a kiwi is. And have even looked at books on New Zealand history on Amazon. I would like to visit there someday, but it would have to be in the far off future, probably during retirement years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ariel Gavriel

Apr 4, 2011
✟3,243.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gin Wigmore is pretty unique isn't she. I like her style and absolute love it when she is accompanied by the ukulele. Off the top of my head, I can recall that she did an advert Jingle for one of the companies here and an American guy heard it while he was here on business and he hunted her down. The rest is history :)

Ya gotta come over some time!

Bless ya!

Upvote 0

captainkate

If not me, then who?
Nov 23, 2008
Sector 001
✟17,061.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I just moved to your wonderful, beautiful country. I married a terrific Kiwi, we met on line here actually. He came over to America where I am from, and from there, we were inseperable. I moved here October 9. We live in Hanmer Springs, sure is lovely.

LOL, I do have a hard time pronouncing a lot of the cities here, like learning a new language, but, it is fun.

I miss my country America, but, the folks here are awesome, so friendly and helpful, it will be good I am sure. I am told I need to live here a year before I am a resident, no problem, I have been here 3 months already.

Oh, LOL, this Christmas was sure different for me, back home in Washington State, we have 2 feet of snow, here, we had our church service outside and it was in the 80's, that was different for sure.

Well, nice to meet you folk. I want to add that I LOVE your national athem, I am memorizing it.

Hugs to all
Susie

That's awesome! I have been married to a Kiwi for 14 years..will be 15 this year. He is so cute and sweet.. I LOVE his accent! Sometimes I don't even know what he said, but the accent is dreamy. :) He has mixed in a Texas drawl on occasion which is really cute.

We went to Hamner Springs last May. It is such a nice little town. I am so glad you are enjoying it! I did love the fish and chips! I never knew shark could taste so good. :)

:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just gotta say this.

I'm from a portuguese family and I was born in Canada but I wish I was born in New Zealand! I love New Zealand I don't know why, something about it just fascinates me. I love where it's located and I love the climate and different terrains(beaches, forest, green plains). I love the accent, it sounds so cool... I'd love marrying a girl from New Zealand lol I want to give New Zealand big Hug. :hug:

Anyways that's just my New Zealand rant I bet some people feel the same way about Canada I gotta learn to love what God has given me and where He's put me.^_^

you are right, new zealand is an absolutely amazing place to live in

if you ignore the bad job market as well as an incompetent government

as for Canada, my sister is living over there.

She told me Vancouver has similiar climate and offers a comparable lifestyle, but has the bonus of being a city that is far more cosmopolitan than say Auckland.

Auckland by comparison is kind of boring....

the only downside with Vancouver, she told me, is that the housing price is so ridiculous high, which make decent housing a bit struggle....

Upvote 0