I love Church and the Mass

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had to share a video that was put together about Church and Mass, specifically at the parish I attend. I found it to be inspiring and beautiful.

The Majesty of Holy Mass - YouTube

I hope you enjoy and watch the video.

Please share your love of Church and/or the Mass.

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing this Jack -- not only is it inspiring and beautiful, but I definitely felt the Presence while watching this. There was a thread recently about why the Catholic religion is so enormous and this a one of the reasons. Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for sharing this Jack -- not only is it inspiring and beautiful, but I definitely felt the Presence while watching this. There was a thread recently about why the Catholic religion is so enormous and this a one of the reasons. Peace be with you.

Thank you. Peace be with you too brother.

Upvote 0

Starlightsobright

Jesus is Love
Aug 2, 2011
✟22,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What a beautiful video. The whole thing was just Divinely Inspired( the parts they included and the words of the saints) The picture of Father holding Baby Jesus was so lovely. It is just so beautiful when Father starts the Midnight Mass at our Parish carrying in the Baby Jesus and placing Him in the manger of the nativity.

You are lucky to attend Holy Mass in such a Parish.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a beautiful video. The whole thing was just Divinely Inspired( the parts they included and the words of the saints) The picture of Father holding Baby Jesus was so lovely. It is just so beautiful when Father starts the Midnight Mass at our Parish carrying in the Baby Jesus and placing Him in the manger of the nativity.

You are lucky to attend Holy Mass in such a Parish.

Thank you and I agree.

The Mass is such an awesome thing and I love immersing myself into it and the feelings of serenity I receive. I have also found direction in my life during Mass and these deep moments of prayer.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AMEN! What a splendid video that made me speechless about how majestic it is about our Masses. This is so wondrous that I am struck in awe of Her beauty!

I am struck in awe too. Thank you.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, thanks for sharing Jack.

In my church, the priest faces the congregation and we do not stand to receive Holy

Communion. Watching people kneel to receive God, is very touching.

In awe of the majesty of the Catholic faith.

Thank you xTx. Our church does both TLM and NO. They are both awesome. The NO we will do some in Latin too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice video. I see you do the bells at the Consecration; we do too. I love the statues inside the church.

Here's a picture of my parish church---it looks even nicer now that we have our stained-glass windows back from being repaired and refurbished.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice video. I see you do the bells at the Consecration; we do too. I love the statues inside the church.

Here's a picture of my parish church---it looks even nicer now that we have our stained-glass windows back from being repaired and refurbished.

I like the bells. I also like when they pull out the wood blocks.

My son, is a black cassack and we have over 100 altar boys/servers now. It is amazing seeing them file in and fill up 8 pews. Of course we usually have only 50 or 60 at one time because we have 6 different services.

You church looks awesome. I really like the lighting and what I can see of the painted ceiling. Also, your altar area reminds me of Sacred Heart Major Seminary where I live. Very nice.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You church looks awesome. I really like the lighting and what I can see of the painted ceiling.

Yeah, the entire ceiling is painted sky-blue with fluffy white clouds and archangels along the sides. :)

Also, your altar area reminds me of Sacred Heart Major Seminary where I live. Very nice.

The reredos was also refurbished along with the rest of the church several years ago and it is stunning. It matches up with the Stations of the Cross, which aren't in the picture, but they have Gothic frames and the pictures are done in tile mosaics. :)

You should see the apse now that we have the stained-glass windows back---the sun shines through them and they sparkle like bubbles in clear water. In the winter, with the low sun, during evening Masses the windows glow. The effect is very, very nice.

Years ago before I got married, I used to attend a parish in Grand Rapids, MI that looked quite a bit like yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Nice picture of your church Wolsley, I like how the light floods the altar.

Upvote 0