Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know, ever since my mind started conforming to the teachings of Catholicism, I've started to embrace my femininity even more than I ever have before. Suddenly, I love being a woman! I've started genuinely loving how I look, enjoy wearing dresses and going shopping, am looking forward to meeting someone one day and starting a family, I've accepted that I might want to be a housewife (at least for the first year after my first kid is born), and I've been trying to do more traditionally feminine activities than before. Maybe it's silly of me to be thinking of women in such a stereotypical fashion since we're all different in our own unique ways, and yet, deep down inside, I've always liked the idea of being like a woman from old-time America (and by old-time, I mean from the 1940's to the 1950's).

I remember, back when I liked to obsessively research into the different decades of United States history (at least from a 20th century standpoint), I liked watching instructional videos for women of that time, including videos on how to be a proper lady, how to apply makeup, and things like that. Sure, some of that information is long past outdated, but something about those videos gave me something to aspire to become. Maybe that's, again, a bit silly, but coming from a home where I was raised in an "abnormal" way, those videos gave me some ideas on how to conform to the culture around me while still retaining my morality.

Not sure if what I'm saying is making any sense, but yeah, I just thought I would share that. :)

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You know, ever since my mind started conforming to the teachings of Catholicism, I've started to embrace my femininity even more than I ever have before. Suddenly, I love being a woman! I've started genuinely loving how I look, enjoy wearing dresses and going shopping, am looking forward to meeting someone one day and starting a family, I've accepted that I might want to be a housewife (at least for the first year after my first kid is born), and I've been trying to do more traditionally feminine activities than before. Maybe it's silly of me to be thinking of women in such a stereotypical fashion since we're all different in our own unique ways, and yet, deep down inside, I've always liked the idea of being like a woman from old-time America (and by old-time, I mean from the 1940's to the 1950's).

I remember, back when I liked to obsessively research into the different decades of United States history (at least from a 20th century standpoint), I liked watching instructional videos for women of that time, including videos on how to be a proper lady, how to apply makeup, and things like that. Sure, some of that information is long past outdated, but something about those videos gave me something to aspire to become. Maybe that's, again, a bit silly, but coming from a home where I was raised in an "abnormal" way, those videos gave me some ideas on how to conform to the culture around me while still retaining my morality.

Not sure if what I'm saying is making any sense, but yeah, I just thought I would share that. :)

I share in such delights now.

I often (and still sometimes) struggle with liking my femininity. I felt like an outsider a lot of times as if I'm always trying to catch up with other girls. It morphed how I viewed myself and how I related to both men and women. I would admire women, but didnt see myself in the same level ( wont go too much detail into that lol)

But praise God, I'm delighting more and more each day, not only in admiration of other women, but that I myself am blessed to be one myself, being nurturing, relationship driven, and one of great beauty.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your heart. Femininity is God's design. I'm pleased to hear you're embracing it and recognizing your beauty and loveliness. Its a wondrous thing!

Homemaking is a rabbit hole in itself. You can explore subjects ranging from housekeeping, organizing, natural homemaking, cooking, menu planning, decorating, gardening, etc. Not to mention crafts (sewing, soapmaking, candlemaking, etc.) and other creative pursuits. You can create the atmosphere of your dreams much like we see in Proverbs 31.

Have you explored vintage fashion and makeup?

I don't think it's silly. We don't encounter the etiquette and deportment of years gone by. But that doesn't mean you can't adopt it. We're God's ladies. He fashioned us for womanliness. You're on the right track. Keep going. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I often (and still sometimes) struggle with liking my femininity. I felt like an outsider a lot of times as if I'm always trying to catch up with other girls. It morphed how I viewed myself and how I related to both men and women. I would admire women, but didnt see myself in the same level ( wont go too much detail into that lol)

There's no need to catch up. God's pacing can leapfrog any head start! And His beautification is better than any brand. Believe it.

But praise God, I'm delighting more and more each day, not only in admiration of other women, but that I myself am blessed to be one myself, being nurturing, relationship driven, and one of great beauty.

Yes! I'm amazed at the creativity I've encountered. It's inspiring. And the other aspects you mentioned are equally important. They make up the whole. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I posted this on another thread and thought you'd appreciate it. The seasonal color palette creates a complementary color spectrum for your wardrobe and makeup. It's very effective and will readily enhance your look.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure if what I'm saying is making any sense, but yeah, I just thought I would share that.

Makes perfect sense to me:

I like your song better than Helen Reddy's

"I am woman, and I feel no need to roar"

Upvote 0