KirkPsalm

Mar 28, 2016
Texas
✟26,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need to buy a new vehicle. The one i have needs more work than it's worth and is not reliable. So!? here is some information.
Income montly $xxxx.00, expenses xxxx, leftovers xxxx.00
inside the expenses i have three credit cards one with $, another with 2k, and then 2 more with money on them totaling $
i have an auto loan of the Mrs. that's at about $ The house payment (i owe $). Utilities, streaming services, gas, tithe, piano lessons and yearly memberships like prime, deer lease, sam's, yada yada yada
My Question! Should i get a personal loan and pay off credit cards and then buy a car? Would that hurt my chances of approval?
Should i buy a car and then try to move credit card debt to a regular loan?
Credit score is about good
summary credit cards---$
auto loan -----$
home loan ----$
i don't have any $ to put down.
I know this is not a good situation but i have to do it/something.
Please help. And thank you very much.

Last edited:

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need to buy a new vehicle. The one i have needs more work than it's worth and is not reliable. So!? here is some information.
Income montly $5374.00, expenses 3910, leftovers 1464.00
inside the expenses i have three credit cards one with $7266.33, another with 2k, and then 2 more with money on them totaling $9823.
i have an auto loan of the Mrs. that's at about $9600. The house payment (i owe 124k). Utilities, streaming services, gas, tithe, piano lessons and yearly memberships like prime, deer lease, sam's, yada yada yada
My Question! Should i get a personal loan and pay off credit cards and then buy a car? Would that hurt my chances of approval?
Credit score is about 700
summary credit cards---$9823
auto loan -----$9569
home loan ----$123,856
How about a home equity loan, pay off the credit cards and burn them, then buy the car with the rest of the equity loan or an auto loan from a bank not from a finance company or car lot.

Upvote 0

KirkPsalm

Mar 28, 2016
Texas
✟26,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about a home equity loan, pay off the credit cards and burn them, then buy the car with the rest of the equity loan or an auto loan from a bank not from a finance company or car lot.
I'll have to do some homework on that. I'm not savvy enough to know what the advantages are of that. I'm 54 and owe about another 20 years on my house so, added to the amount might not be good as i would have to work until they throw dirt in my face.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say try to buy a new car if possible, look for deals with low interest, and $0 down. In the interim of now and buying the car, look for a cdar rental. And please do delete all of that financial information from your first post so as not to make yourself a target to people who would like to steal your information.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Income montly $5374.00, expenses 3910, leftovers 1464.00
inside the expenses i have three credit cards one with $7266.33, another with 2k, and then 2 more with money on them totaling $9823.
i have an auto loan of the Mrs. that's at about $9600. The house payment (i owe 124k). Utilities, streaming services, gas, tithe, piano lessons and yearly memberships like prime, deer lease, sam's, yada yada yada
Credit score is about 700
summary credit cards---$9823
auto loan -----$9569
home loan ----$123,856
In your shoes what i would do is this;

Do a detailed monthly budget, write everything down for at least a month, then you will see where you can cut.
Get reasonably priced used car with a warranty from respectable dealership
You need to clear in priority your credit cards completely you pay compound interest at around 25% probably it is just too much this is bleeding you out. Please do not get a loan to pay these out. keep only 2 credit cars get rid of the rest. always pay the full amount credit card bill every month.
with a detailed budget you will know how much you can spend per month, just keep this in mind when you go to any store.

once your 2 remaining credit card are empty, pay your mortgage weekly if you can this will help tremendously getting rid of the mortgage much much quicker.
IT may take a few years but with a good planning you will make it with zero debt zero loan.

Blessings.
jff

Upvote 0

KirkPsalm

Mar 28, 2016
Texas
✟26,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thanks for the tips. I may have to try and pay some debt off and then buy. I like the idea of certified ( warrantied ) and i think paying off credit card debt may be more advantageous than saving for a down payment as paying on car loan would be paying less interest than paying on a credit card.

I keep praying on it as long as possible, please keep me in your prayers AND!! thank you very much.

Upvote 0