Veliko tarnovo
✟16,171.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Joana, im bulgarian and im a believer since 26 nov last year (God filled me with His Holy Spirit) but the thing is.. Me and my mother are the only believers at home and we chose not to go to the churches provided, i trust my mom with her judgement, even though i have no problem with them.

So the lack of a councelour really affects me because i now seek it on Youtube and on this platform there is 1% truth and 99% "truth" so they rob me of my happiness.

I beg you to pray for me because for some days now i feel very down and judged by God, i think it is depression. I now dont laugh, smile or feel His love, i have a dark veil on my eyes.

Please i feel asthough everything is corrupt and i am scared to do basic things, cause they might make God sad.

Please i want to be happy again.
Does God like art, can i like to do art, does He like animals, can i? When i eat i feel asthough i am pleasing my stomach
everytime. I feel like i sin all the time.

Please i beg you, this is torturous, i dont feel God, asthough i've done something to Him.

Also how do i repent, can you pray for repentance because i cant find the roots of sin in me. I dont know what to repent from. Please help me, i fear Him!

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My prayers for you - I am so happy you have come to the faith! I believe God LOVES animals and art - I think he especially granted people with talents such as this for unique worship like singing, music, and beautiful paintings. Do you have access to a bible you can read?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are a baby, spiritually speaking. Have you ever known a loving parent who got mad at their child for needing to wear diapers, or not being able to walk? Of course not. And neither is God mad or even sad at you.

Give yourself some time to grow up.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, my name is Joana, im bulgarian and im a believer since 26 nov last year (God filled me with His Holy Spirit) but the thing is.. Me and my mother are the only believers at home and we chose not to go to the churches provided, i trust my mom with her judgement, even though i have no problem with them.

So the lack of a councelour really affects me because i now seek it on Youtube and on this platform there is 1% truth and 99% "truth" so they rob me of my happiness.

I beg you to pray for me because for some days now i feel very down and judged by God, i think it is depression. I now dont laugh, smile or feel His love, i have a dark veil on my eyes.

Please i feel asthough everything is corrupt and i am scared to do basic things, cause they might make God sad.

Please i want to be happy again.
Does God like art, can i like to do art, does He like animals, can i? When i eat i feel asthough i am pleasing my stomach
everytime. I feel like i sin all the time.

Please i beg you, this is torturous, i dont feel God, asthough i've done something to Him.

Also how do i repent, can you pray for repentance because i cant find the roots of sin in me. I dont know what to repent from. Please help me, i fear Him!
I believe God takes us thru different experiences that help us grow. Be patient. And no i dont think art is sinful in itself. Its what is expressed in art that may or may not be sinful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
YonnieJoy,

I will remember you before him in prayer. I am curious though why you and your mother chose not to attend a church near you, is that because there isn't a good church around? Do you know the gospel?

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

YonnieJoy

Jan 15, 2019
Veliko tarnovo
✟16,171.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YonnieJoy,

I will remember you before him in prayer. I am curious though why you and your mother chose not to attend a church near you, is that because there isn't a good church around? Do you know the gospel?
Yes, that is correct, i know the gospel and would love to have people my age with my problems, that are believers, but my mother mentioned she does not feel the Holy Ghost and does not feel welcomed in the comunities around us. There are 2 evangelist churches and one other. My mother had been a christian for 30 years now, and maybe her judgement is now bad, but i dont know. This church we've been attending since i was little was welcoming at times, but judgemental and not commited to Christ. I dont know, we might be wrong, you tell me..

Upvote 0

YonnieJoy

Jan 15, 2019
Veliko tarnovo
✟16,171.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My prayers for you - I am so happy you have come to the faith! I believe God LOVES animals and art - I think he especially granted people with talents such as this for unique worship like singing, music, and beautiful paintings. Do you have access to a bible you can read?
Thank you! I do read my bible, i just felt so judged all the time thank you, i hope you are right!

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are being way to hard on yourself. As long as there is nothing specifically ungodly about the things you mention, you may do them. Look out your window and see Gods art. God gave us taste buds so we enjoy food, and the animals he gave us dominion over...pets are just fine, and I'm certain he meant for us to have pests as needed..they are a wonderful gift to man. Those are just a few examples.

He deosn't ask that much of us, and he wants us to get the most out of life, as long as it is not sin.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

YonnieJoy

Jan 15, 2019
Veliko tarnovo
✟16,171.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are a baby, spiritually speaking. Have you ever known a loving parent who got mad at their child for needing to wear diapers, or not being able to walk? Of course not. And neither is God mad or even sad at you.

Give yourself some time to grow up.
Thank you! I just dont want to fail Him, what if He comes tomorrow..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YonnieJoy

Jan 15, 2019
Veliko tarnovo
✟16,171.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are being way to hard on yourself. As long as there is nothing specifically ungodly about the things you mention, you may do them. Look out your window and see Gods art. God gave us taste buds so we enjoy food, and the animals he gave us dominion over...pets are just fine, and I'm certain he meant for us to have pests as needed..they are a wonderful gift to man. Those are just a few examples.

He deosn't ask that much of us, and he wants us to get the most out of life, as long as it is not sin.
Thank you, i really apreciate this, it has been a warfare in my mind i have had no rest, thank you!

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, that is correct, i know the gospel and would love to have people my age with my problems, that are believers, but my mother mentioned she does not feel the Holy Ghost and does not feel welcomed in the comunities around us. There are 2 evangelist churches and one other. My mother had been a christian for 30 years now, and maybe her judgement is now bad, but i dont know. This church we've been attending since i was little was welcoming at times, but judgemental and not commited to Christ. I dont know, we might be wrong, you tell me..

I'm not going to sugarcoat anything, but a lack of Christian fellowship can take a major toll on your walk with Christ, just like not reading your bible. It is good to be a part of a church that you may learn and grow in, be encouraged and comforted by, be accountable to and participate with as a member in serving. I encourage you to maybe look into these churches a little more, or try to find another one, talk to the elders, ask them questions. They are meant to be shepherding the flock, many Christians just view him as this person who is meant to preach and that's it. He is there for your need and benefit.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I've seen this so much, dear sister. I've been there myself.

When we start to think of God as something we should be constantly terrified of, as someone we want to hide from, we're listening to our feelings of fear and self-condemnation, instead of resting and growing in faith, instead of being able to love each other and glorify God with a comforted heart. We think God didn't give His Son as an act of divine love, but begrudgingly, reluctantly, despisingly. We start to compare ourselves to Christ in a way where we cannot have any peace, as if we're racing against Christ and not with Him, empowered by Him, gently guided by Him - and we don't think of Christ as a savior and giver of life, but rather a giver of despair. And then we start to stare at everything we do, everything we think, everything we feel. How it's not enough. How everything that is not even sin, becomes sin. We start to walk by sight and feeling, not by faith.

Put Christ in the center. Let Him be your refuge through all of this. No fear, He's there for you, and not despite of your possible failures, but because of them. He wants you as you are, and He will grow in you, take care of you.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

You can rest in Christ. We're not here to impress God, to somehow get Him to notice us, to save ourselves. He already did it. We can rest in Him, draw comfort and assurance from Him, time and again, no matter what our struggle is, and especially when it's about our faith. Remember the man who cried "help my unbelief!" - such is our Lord, that He knows our hearts and how weak our faith can be, so that even when our faith isn't "good enough", He gives us what we need.

There's nothing wrong with art, animals or eating. We can do it and thank God for it, glorify God with it. Art will inspire, Animals are His creation and it's a blessing to love them, and we can eat our food with a grateful heart.

Times like these are good for your faith. Because you will learn patience, and you will learn to trust God, instead of running around in despair. So give God all your worries, approach Him as you are, be comforted, and trust Him instead of the accusation and comdemnation you're feeling. He is much better. You can breathe, it's okay, God will take care of everything. Said a prayer for you.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God our Father seeks us to come as children. It's us having the humility of admitting He knows more about us and everything. He doesn't demand perfection when we walk to His voice. Jesus said it's about mercy and not sacrifice, God's merciful nature is His humility toward us. Also we've been gifted with the Spirit, the fruits of it are what He wants for us. (Matthew 9:13, Galatians 5:22-23)

I'll pray for your repentance, just remember in the Lord Jesus He's willing to forgive. All that's required of you is honesty coming to Him and when you know the truth letting Him lead you.

Reactions: YonnieJoy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not going to sugarcoat anything, but a lack of Christian fellowship can take a major toll on your walk with Christ, just like not reading your bible. It is good to be a part of a church that you may learn and grow in, be encouraged and comforted by, be accountable to and participate with as a member in serving. I encourage you to maybe look into these churches a little more, or try to find another one, talk to the elders, ask them questions. They are meant to be shepherding the flock, many Christians just view him as this person who is meant to preach and that's it. He is there for your need and benefit.
We can have fellowship everyday online, but only once on Sunday.

• Agree
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

YonnieJoy

Jan 15, 2019
Veliko tarnovo
✟16,171.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've seen this so much, dear sister. I've been there myself.

When we start to think of God as something we should be constantly terrified of, as someone we want to hide from, we're listening to our feelings of fear and self-condemnation, instead of resting and growing in faith, instead of being able to love each other and glorify God with a comforted heart. We think God didn't give His Son as an act of divine love, but begrudgingly, reluctantly, despisingly. We start to compare ourselves to Christ in a way where we cannot have any peace, as if we're racing against Christ and not with Him, empowered by Him, gently guided by Him - and we don't think of Christ as a savior and giver of life, but rather a giver of despair. And then we start to stare at everything we do, everything we think, everything we feel. How it's not enough. How everything that is not even sin, becomes sin. We start to walk by sight and feeling, not by faith.

Put Christ in the center. Let Him be your refuge through all of this. No fear, He's there for you, and not despite of your possible failures, but because of them. He wants you as you are, and He will grow in you, take care of you.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

You can rest in Christ. We're not here to impress God, to somehow get Him to notice us, to save ourselves. He already did it. We can rest in Him, draw comfort and assurance from Him, time and again, no matter what our struggle is, and especially when it's about our faith. Remember the man who cried "help my unbelief!" - such is our Lord, that He knows our hearts and how weak our faith can be, so that even when our faith isn't "good enough", He gives us what we need.

There's nothing wrong with art, animals or eating. We can do it and thank God for it, glorify God with it. Art will inspire, Animals are His creation and it's a blessing to love them, and we can eat our food with a grateful heart.

Times like these are good for your faith. Because you will learn patience, and you will learn to trust God, instead of running around in despair. So give God all your worries, approach Him as you are, be comforted, and trust Him instead of the accusation and comdemnation you're feeling. He is much better. You can breathe, it's okay, God will take care of everything. Said a prayer for you.
Thank you a lot, this community is truly beautiful. I expected judgement

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We can have fellowship everyday online, but only once on Sunday.

A site online should never replace a local body to fellowship with and be accountable to. Who knows, maybe they do things during the week. But to not have a church at all is not good, than just attending it once a week.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Thank you a lot, this community is truly beautiful. I expected judgement

If someone here judges someone whose faith is weak or who is struggling, it's a horrible thing. If I did it, I'd have forgotten all my own struggles and how God gently guided me through it, and I'd have forgotten about the comfort I was given through other believers. We're supposed to take out the planks from our eyes and be there for our fellow brothers and sisters, carry each other's burdens. God bless you.

Reactions: YonnieJoy
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A site online should never replace a local body to fellowship with and be accountable to. Who knows, maybe they do things during the week. But to not have a church at all is worse than just attending it once a week.
Well, we cant debate here. I just want to say that i have the Lord in my heart, and when i come here to pray for others each day, and to praise the Lord, and to talk about His joy and peace, this is edifying and good for me. Im just sharing what online fellowship has done for me. You can have the last word if you wish.

Upvote 0