• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have enough of this.

Mia Asa

Mar 9, 2021
Nm
✟33,826.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey. You have no reason to be afraid of being unforgiven and you have no reason to be afraid of hell. I often feel like I am so different from others here but I don't think you are going to get better without medication. The SSRI drugs are the ones that work. The fears are still there but you are so much better able to get past them and move on. I'm not big on cognitive therapy because I have read and I believe that OCD is a chemical imbalance in the brain caused by a misfire in a synapse in the brain. I've read they've actually found matter in the frontal lobe during a pet scan. Reassurance helps me. People may disagree with me but I've been a hospital where medical personnel were trained to look at me and say - Ok, We are not going to talk about that when I tried to tell them what was troubling me. Why was I even there? Reassurance has saved my life. Medication has saved my life. Go to a doctor dear one, even if it's just your regular general practioner. That's who I see is just my regular doctor.

Thank You for your message to me . I just curiosed do God forgive me my mental ilness . Some part of christian think there is no mental ilness for them it's demon . I was reading some pages about this and so scared me. I started school right now and at school i had many times attack thoughts bad. (about HS) I meant "I'm the worst child of God" ,"I'm the stupid man on the Earth" because she hurts own Father in Heaven , his son and Holy Spirt. Everyday i promise i'll change and i'll be ok but nothing. I gonna go to the doctor. Today i felt ugly and not comfortable.

Upvote 0