Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is wrong, if you ask me. Also, if the divorce was for any other reason than adultery or total abandonment by a nonbelieving spouse, then that person is still married in God's sight.
If it was for one of those valid reasons, then you should wait until you are married lawfully to the person in question before beginning any sort of "physical relationship."

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>I just called off this relationship because I think its wrong.

It's a good thing you called it off, because sinners always take a chance they will die in their sin and be eternaly cut off from God.

1 Cor. 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, [10] nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

I use to play that game. I would get into sexual sin, and then after I had my pleasure I would run back to God and ask for forgiveness. God is not dumb, He does take you to the wood shed, and He does make sure that you know that the sin was not worth the price you had to pay. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>if the divorce was for any other reason than adultery or total abandonment by a nonbelieving spouse, then that person is still married in God's sight.

Really, I got involved with a women once who had been seperated from her husband for three years. Still God told me that I was messing with another mans wife and that I had to repent or I would be on my own. That would mean whatever problem I ran into, I would be on my own to solve it, I would not get any help from God.

Now, I knew I was going to need God's help. I knew I could not make it on my own apart from Him. The last thing I wanted was to be in a situation that I would cry out to God for help and have Him turn a deaf ear to my plea. So I knew no matter what it was going to cost me, I HAD to repent and get myself right with God.

Marriage with a approved person can be wonderful, but it can also be very difficult. The last thing we would want is to be in a marriage relationship with someone that we would not be able to get help from God, when there were problems. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.