I have a few prayer requests....

Synesthesia

Sep 10, 2004
✟15,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First off, I am moving here in a couple of weeks, and I will be moving back to my home town. My parents just moved to California, and I am going back to keep an eye on the house, go back to school, and get closer to church. So please ask for God's blessing in that entire process.

Also, along those lines, I will be living with my aunt and her son. My aunt, for some reason, has begun drinking heavily again. She was an alcoholic at one point, but had a Diabetes scare. She found out that the doctor flubbed, so she began drinking again. But it is something different. She is dealing with self esteem issues or because I have seen her drink before, but nothing like this, and it tears her son apart every time she does it, but it is like she has no concern or regard for him.

When I move back, my girlfriend will be staying here, and we will be about an hour away from each other. I have really become accustomed to seeing her every day, making her dinner, staying up and doing stuff together (watch movies, play video games, help her with her college homework, etc...), and we have become very saturated in each other, and this is going to be a huge shock to the both of us, so please keep this in your prayers as well.

I am also looking for a job. I used to do Network Administration in a call center that I worked at, and have an extensive knowledge in the IT field. I have a man that I go to church with that said he can get a position opened for me as a computer tech at the industrial plant that he works at, and I have been praying for this to fall through because I am moving at the beginning of January.

Also, this next Friday (the 17th), I have planned a hurricane relief / charity event at a coffee shop in this town that I am talking about. It is essentially to get people to be made aware that there are people still affected by the hurricanes that demolished the coast of Florida, but also the families in places like Haiti and Grenada that have been devastated as well. So I am just asking for God's blessing here that the word gets out (I am getting an article put in the newspaper, and on our Christian radio station). I DJ as well, but the music I play is a little third natured to these people, and they haven't really been exposed to it, so I am a little discouraged of the turn out, so I am trying to find a local cover band to play for free as well. So just please pray that God provides.

And last but not least...there are two people that I am trying to witness to. One is a guy that I grew up with that has really been ransacked by drugs. He is neglecting his marriage, son, and family. He is becoming very addicted, and I have taken him out to eat, and shared with him. He is raised in a Christian home, and I know that the Devil or his minions is hard at work, because he actually stayed clean for 4 days, and didn't leave the house after I came and saw him, but he is right back in it. Also, my other friend is a manager of mine at work. His mother has been battling with cancer for quite some time, and there has been time and time again that the doctors have given her just hours to live, and she always pulls through, so hopefully God has been keeping her alive, just for this occasion. I know that we worship a God that saves and heals and comforts, and that this sickness has no place in her body, and I have been commanding it to go in the name of Jesus, I just pray in faith that it does leave her. My friend was raised Catholic, and has sort of put on the addage of God not working the same way today, or even that God doesn't exist at all, and I hate to come up and say, "Hey, I am praying for your mom," and her not get better, and this just drive him deeper into bitterness (he is that type of person.) So I am really stuck in a rut, and feel just overwhelmed at some times.

That is all. Thank you guys for all your kind words, words of encouragement, and may the Lord bless all of you as well in all that you do.

Ian

Reactions: Andry