Galaxithea

Jun 16, 2016
Seattle
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A year ago, when I accepted Christ, I thought it would be easy because I was already a "good" person (I was kind, caring, rarely lied, cussed, etc.). I could not have been more wrong. I keep being told to do really difficult things like give up playing video games, ditch some of my best friends because they were bad people (despite them helping me through several difficult life experiences and even overthrowing an internet addiction), etc. All of these things just feel insane and impossible. What's worse is that half of these insane commands don't even come from God (i.e. At one point I thought God was telling me to run away from home because none of my family members were Christians and that I "shouldn't be yoked with unbelievers"), and yet I was absolutely convinced that they did. Now I'm even considering committing suicide to escape from all these painful sacrifices and confusion that I unknowingly forced on myself by accepting Christ. I need someone to convince me not to do this immediately, as every single day I feel like I'm given another reason to do it.

Reactions: Alex Gale

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Like Isaac, let your whole entire life be a living (NOT dead) sacrifice to God with Thanksgiving.
God took care of ALL the details in Isaac's Life, every one of them.
Likewise, God already provided for all the details in your life (in every one of our lives as His Word says clearly).
Nothing catches God by surprise.
A LOT catches us by surprise (because the world is so deceitful, so we grow up deceived about EVERYTHING).
God can straighten our lives out, if we trust and rely on Him to do so, and walk trusting Him in Jesus.

Jesus even told His Own Disciples who walked on earth with Him in their company , who learned from Him directly,
He told them "I know you don't know how - in fact, if you thought you knew how, then you've already failed. If you trust yourselves, you've already failed. But IF your trust your heavenly Father to accomplish everything concerning your salvation now, today, on this earth, for the rest of your life, and for the life to come,
then it is already done. (God doesn't come up short - He never fails- He never deserts His children, no never).

Upvote 0

Bryce Harris

Jun 19, 2016
Texas
✟15,461.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
A year ago, when I accepted Christ, I thought it would be easy because I was already a "good" person (I was kind, caring, rarely lied, cussed, etc.). I could not have been more wrong. I keep being told to do really difficult things like give up playing video games, ditch some of my best friends because they were bad people (despite them helping me through several difficult life experiences and even overthrowing an internet addiction), etc. All of these things just feel insane and impossible. What's worse is that half of these insane commands don't even come from God (i.e. At one point I thought God was telling me to run away from home because none of my family members were Christians and that I "shouldn't be yoked with unbelievers"), and yet I was absolutely convinced that they did. Now I'm even considering committing suicide to escape from all these painful sacrifices and confusion that I unknowingly forced on myself by accepting Christ. I need someone to convince me not to do this immediately, as every single day I feel like I'm given another reason to do it.
Being a Christian is not easy at all. Once you except Jesus Christ all of Hell is coming after you. Every single demon of Hell has a hit list with your name on it for they are going to do everything they can to stop you from believing God. Being a good person has nothing to do with Being a Christian because our own good is nothing, that's why Christ had to go to the cross that we may have his goodness and not ours for ours is not good enough no matter how good we are. That's why we go through the sanctification process as we live on earth. That process is going to carry forth either until the grave or the rapture. The sanctification process is to destroy our worldly desires, and efforts, and willpower for those things clouds us from what Jesus did at the cross because we will rely on our own strengths instead of what Jesus did at the cross. So the Holy spirit breaks us down at times to the point where we have no other hope but in God and that's the place he wants us to be because that's when he can work because the only way he can work is if we put our own works aside trusting in what Christ did at the cross and let him be God.

Upvote 0

Hawk Flint

דבון בן־אלהים
Aug 16, 2016
U. S.
✟11,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Brother, I know how you feel so much. I'm so sorry you have to experience this. My family isn't truly christian, and I've wondered myself if I should leave--for the same reason you did: "Don't be yoked together with unbelievers". I was thinking about leaving too--sometimes I still do. I have been insulted, and my beliefs have been mocked. I don't really have a relationship with them anymore. I used to, but now it's faded. This is what Christ did. And this is what He said:"I will turn a son against his father, a daughter against her mother; a son-in-law against his father-in-law, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--a man's enemy will be the members of his own household". He also says before that, "don't suppose I came to bring peace. I didn't come to bring peace, but a sword". His sword, which is the Word of God, the sword of spirit, causes division between families. For, "anyone who loves their family more than me is not worthy of me", Christ says. This is taking up our cross: to lay down our wants and desires so that the wants and desires of God may be met. You want to avoid pain? You want to avoid suffering? Persecution? Avoiding it is not taking up a cross, for taking up a cross means to suffer shame, pain, and persecution. If you choose to obey God above all other things, you will suffer. Take up your cross, and follow Christ to the death--no matter the cost. Anything it takes, my brother. Anything it takes. Obey God no matter what. I'm speaking as if you're being insulted, mocked, or otherwise persecuted by your family. I don't know if they are or not, but I believe God wanted me to type this. If I'm wrong, I lose nothing. If I'm right, I hope and pray I help.

I keep being told to do really difficult things like give up playing video games, ditch some of my best friends because they were bad people (despite them helping me through several difficult life experiences and even overthrowing an internet addiction), etc.

Not all video games are sinful. If you can find a non-violent, law-abiding, racing game that didn't have too much ungodliness (immodesty, cussing, evil jokes, etc.), then I see nothing wrong with it--unless it causes you to idolize it. God is your God, not a game. About bad video games: If it's violent, for some reason the Spirit always made me quit playing it. I think it's wrong to play violent video games, therefore. Thinking more on that, does God delight in death, war, and violence? No, He doesn't; so why should His people? They shouldn't. They should be like He is. And anything promoting or using magic should be considered evil as well, for God says not to do magic.

My brother, I don't say this to cause you panic or fear, but when men do evil--including the evil video games--they send their souls to eternal pain and suffering. God wants to save you from that. I want you to think about this: God could let you continue down your path of evil and watch you destroy yourself, but instead He helped you. Look! Look, brother! God loves you! He doesn't want you to suffer death and sorrow eternal, but to have life and joy eternal! You can have two masters: Sin or God. Sin leads to death, but God leads to life. Sin hates you, but God loves you. Sin will kill you, but God will save you. Before you were born, He knew you and called you to serve Him, according to His will and grace in love. So will you serve Him, who saves you from sin? Will you love Him, who gives you freedom from the hell that evil video games will cause you? You are called to love God with all you heart, soul, and strength. He saves you from sin, and He gives you eternal life. Therefore love Him. Look at that video game! It pales in comparsion to God! It gives you death, and so it's not worth your time. It's hard at first, brother. I know. But it's worth it.

I speak to you with experience, for I was like you. I considered it a hard thing to do, to stop playing video games. Nevertheless, the fear of God was with me, and the Spirit set me free by that fear. Amen. It'll be difficult for you, but it'll be worth it. I promise. I am free from playing video games now. Freedom, sweet freedom. Praise God almighty! He saves our souls from sin! Heavenly Father, I ask in the name of your Son, Christ Jesus: free this child of Yours from sin. Amen. My brother, it's worth it. Every sorrow is worth it. In the end, you will look at the past and be satisfied that you broke off those chains...and flew away from prison a free man. I look at my past and rejoice, for I'm not who I was once. Video games have no more control over me. I pray this helps you.

Now about your friends...don't just outright reject them. Do you love them? It sounds like you do. Be a light to them. Act godly in front of them. Try to talk to them about God and Christ. Who knows? Maybe God will use you to save your friends? Pray, brother--but deeply so. I want you to go and pray and focus on God as you do so. You don't need to say anything in prayer immediately. Just focus on Him. Sometimes I do this and I lose track of time. An hour feels like one minute. Brother, I strongly encourage you to do this kind of prayer. You will not regret it. Do you want a relationship with the Almighty? Do this prayer. Go and pray and focus on Him. You will find Him. I prayed this way before, and it truly is amazing to talk to God like this. You may not hear Him reply at first, but He will. Pray for your friends. Be the tool through which God will save them. I hope and pray this helps you

All of these things just feel insane and impossible. What's worse is that half of these insane commands don't even come from God (i.e. At one point I thought God was telling me to run away from home because none of my family members were Christians and that I "shouldn't be yoked with unbelievers"), and yet I was absolutely convinced that they did. Now I'm even considering committing suicide to escape from all these painful sacrifices and confusion that I unknowingly forced on myself by accepting Christ. I need someone to convince me not to do this immediately, as every single day I feel like I'm given another reason to do it.

I've experienced something like that too. As I said above, sometimes I feel like I should leave. I don't, though, because God wants to use me to help my family. I'm an adult; I can leave. I stay with them for many reasons, but one of them is this: I may be the tool through which God saves their souls. Brother, God will not call you to do evil, and running away before you're allowed to leave is evil, for it's against the laws of the land which we are called to obey. Don't listen to satan, who once had me believing that I couldn't even itch myself because it was "pleasing the flesh". The "flesh" was the sinful nature, not my skin. See what satan did? Don't listen to him like I did. Brother, go into deep prayer about this as well. Also, if you can't support living alone, then stay. God won't call you to kill yourself. Which leads into the final thing: do not commit suicide. satan wants you to do that because you're a christian, and if he takes you out, then God loses His son and the devil will have an easier time causing evil. You stand against evil, and satan wants to take you down for that. Don't let him win. he tried to take me down with suicide, but God didn't let him. Pray about this too, brother. God doesn't want you to die right now. You need to live for Him! And brother, if the commandment doesn't come from scripture, then it's probably not from God. Everything must be filtered through scripture.

You need to love God and not sin, and things will become easier. If you love God, you will refuse to sin. Now love is a genuine affection or affinity you have for an object or entity. God is a real person you need to feel real love for. Even I need to work on that. If your desire is for Him, you will sin less; for sin angers Him.

Brother in Christ, I want to help you. I have experience as a christian, and I'm willing to talk in private messaging for however long you need me to. I want to talk to you there about your problems, and I want to give sound, biblical advice. If you're willing, please let me know if you're open to it. I would gladly help you out :) and I want to talk to you in private messaging in order to help you. I truly want to help, and I can--because of God and not myself.

I hope and pray this helps, and that I can help in the future. May God bless, protect, help, heal, guide, keep, and direct you in all you do. Shalom.

Upvote 0