• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I got denied.......

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...well the wait is over... the social security disability judge made up his mind...I was denied of benefits. I am crushed! :cry: :cry: :cry: I was really counting on getting that money. :(

My best friend called my mother and all my mother said "just get a job" Mom doesn't seem to understand I have tried to work numerous of times but I ended up quitting cause of my panic attacks after arguing with someone or a couple of people cause of being left out (outcasted) or picked on. My mom was like "just be tough", just like that, 1-2-3 I HAVE TRIED THAT!
Anyway, at this point my food stamps have not been approved after this month on top of me getting denied. I have nothing (no hubby, kids or direction) and living off my best friend is NOT fair to her AT ALL! If I have nothing to give to this world (no kids no hubby, no direction, NOTHING) and can not support myself, :cry:
NO this is not what I wanted with my life, I wanted to at least to be able to support myself.
Well, Thanks for reading this and those of you who prayed for me to get approved, thank you so much for all of your prayers

My heart is shattered by the news, I am very depressed :cry: BTW this is not the first time I was denied but this is the first time I was denied after going to court. :(
Praying for you all
Many BIG :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: To all of you! :groupray:
PS I did have an attorney that went to court with me as well and yet it still didnt work :(
And I had a long letter from my current psychiatrist and all my documents from her as well.

Last edited:

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Appeal and dont give up, they routinely deny almost everyone.
Thank you brother, I have been told that after one goes to court (being that I appealed it several times before the court hearing) that after the court case one usually gets approved, I am confused. I would think if I went to court once then they would approve.

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you brother, I have been told that after one goes to court (being that I appealed it several times before the court hearing) that after the court case one usually gets approved, I am confused. I would think if I went to court once then they would approve.
It's almost like test to see how bad you want your own money back.

My best friend's first cousin has Parkinsons Disease.
When he went to apply for his disability at near 60 years of age, he was shaking so badly that he couldn't work and he couldn't even dress hmself. His 87 year old mother, recently widowed, had to take care of him.

He goes to the doctor so they can officially diagnose he's got the disease and would be unable to hold down a job, and the doctor tells his mom that she has to leave so Steven can get undressed for the exam.

:doh:The mom explains he can't undress himself. The doctor insists that because the guy is not a minor he has to have his privacy.
30 minutes later the doctor comes out and asks the mom if she'll come in and help her son undress. :o

Even after that it took two appeals and 6 months, but he got his disability. He's now in a home because at 6'1" he's so infirm that his elderly mom hasn't a chance of taking care of him on her own.
He can't do anything but shake. He can't walk, feed himself, anything. He was near that condition when he went for his disability. But the doctor said, even when this guy is in that condition right there in his office, that he had to be sure.
Nah man, he's just really really cold! Idiot!

This guy worked since he was old enough to get a job. And he had to plead for the money he'd put into FICA all those years.

SS Admin. are scoundrels!
icon8.gif

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't give up Flower, they are just trying to fob you off, keep pushing for justice to take place.

and don't believe that God's will is the same as the courts will. God's will is that we should love one anther and take care of those in need.

:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟17,488.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hi there everyone for your support I just talked to my attorney and they said the appeal at this point would take anywhere from 1-2 YEARS! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please appeal, it's worth fighting for it dear Flower. Many people who get the disability pension had to fight for it despite being ill and unable to work....I had to appeal also before I got it. They have a policy of messing people around. Hang in there and don't lose hope......We are ALL by your side! :hug:

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry you were turned down again. I don't know about the US Social Security system but I agree with everyone here. DON'T GIVE UP!!! Also running off to live in the woods is NOT the answer and NOT what God wants you to do. Plus it would only cause more pain to your best friend and to all your friends online if you did that so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T RUN OFF INTO THE WOODS!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: power2theweak
Upvote 0