Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
.....to a woman this past Sunday, on the tongue, and as I placed the Host I noticed glitter on her teeth. She’s one of those people who is always wearing the latest trends/fads. I appreciate that she dresses up for Mass. I see a lot of levis and flip flops. So it’s nice to see her dressed like she’s going somewhere important.
But seriously, glitter on teeth?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What gets me is when I see someone wearing an inappropriate t-shirt with a crude advertisement or saying in it. I'm glad they are there but I find it really distracting.
.....to a woman this past Sunday, on the tongue, and as I placed the Host I noticed glitter on her teeth. She’s one of those people who is always wearing the latest trends/fads. I appreciate that she dresses up for Mass. I see a lot of levis and flip flops. So it’s nice to see her dressed like she’s going somewhere important.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pardon my ignorance but a question: you said you gave communion...I am confused...do laity give communion in the RCC? I thought that only priests gave communion in the RCC?

(And please forgive me - not trying to derail the thread, but curious about this and interested to learn...)

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Please pardon my ignorance but a question: you said you gave communion...I am confused...do laity give communion in the RCC? I thought that only priests gave communion in the RCC?

(And please forgive me - not trying to derail the thread, but curious about this and interested to learn...)

Eucharistic ministers... it's a Vatican ii thing.
But yeah, its allowed now.

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. Like me, many bring it to shut-ins, etc. The priest consecrates it, we deliver it.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Eucharistic ministers... it's a Vatican ii thing.
But yeah, its allowed now.
That was helpful, and Googling the term “Eucharistic Minister” gave me a lot of information of which I was unaware. Thank you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion. Like me, many bring it to shut-ins, etc. The priest consecrates it, we deliver it.

Its a difference though between visiting hospitals and prisons and handing out communion at mass.
Often times laymen hand out communion at mass while the priest is seated which is a sloppy thing all together, but the hospital thing is different and way more meaningful.

Just fyi I'm criticizing the practice not those who volunteer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Stabat - please do use the correct term Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion . If you don't you will confuse people who are not RC [ i.e. "Paisios" ]

The Ordinary Minister of Holy Communion in the Catholic Church is the Priest or Deacon but remember the Priest is the only one who actually Consecrates the Mysteries.

If the local Bishop agrees it's necessary, some members of the laity may be Commissioned as Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion [ EMHC] and they may help in Administration of Communion at Mass or indeed take Communion to those who for good reason are not able to attend the Church.

This cannot happen in the Eastern Churches [ both Catholic and Orthodox]

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its a difference though between visiting hospitals and prisons and handing out communion at mass.
Often times laymen hand out communion at mass while the priest is seated which is a sloppy thing all together, but the hospital thing is different and way more meaningful.

Just fyi I'm criticizing the practice not those who volunteer.
I no longer do it in the context of the Mass. I really see no reason for it unless it is an Easter or Christmas Mass. I really did not volunteer for the position of an EMHC but was asked by the priest to do so. I was trained for it and after the training you are prayed over by the priest and sent out to deliver to those that can no longer attend the Mass.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps it is best that the Giver cease from giving until they are able to remain indifferent concerning the appearance of the Receivers........
Didn't ask for advice. It was just an observation.

• Friendly
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Ew... I wonder if that falls under the same category as chewing gum when it comes to "things not to do when receiving the Eucharist".

• Informative
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Huh. That's something I had never heard of. I would be glad to see that the woman is concerned with her interior life as well as her exterior, though I definitely don't understand the attraction of putting glitter on your teeth.

• Agree
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
rapper little yachty likes glitter. lol

987482_v9_ba.jpg

Upvote 0