I found free degrees at Bible University

reg48744

Feb 11, 2008
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys. I came across a good online Christian University. I thought it was a scam but they're actually offering tution free university degrees. There's a certificate program that's totally free, and then there's Bachelor's up to Doctorate Degrees that are tution free but have something like a $49 registration fee.I took the Cert. Program and it was just 10 courses on Christian basics. A few assignments later and I got a certificate for it. I even learned some stuff.I want to take the master's but I want to talk to someone who has taken it. Has anyone else taken courses here? The site is bibleuniversity.ca. I think they must be out of Canada.

emmzee

Oct 3, 2004
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While studying through such programs wouldn't necessarily be entirely worthless, such "degrees" will not be recognized by anyone as being legitimate.

They claim to be accredited ... hmm let's see ... they say "Bible University is affiliated with SilverCross Ministries." And they say they are accredited by ICTHUS: "Independent Council for Theological Universities and Schools". The ICTHUS page says "ICTHUS is an independent branch of SilverCross Ministries ..." Ah, yeah. So basically they're accredited by themselves. There's no list of schools on the ICTHUS site, and the fact that both the Bible University and ICTHUS are hosted via Googlepages should give you a clue that they may not be totally professional.

Anyways, again, there may be some value in such programs, but to compare them with the degree you'd earn from an accredited school (which would be both valid and much more rigorous) is not really accurate.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While studying through such programs wouldn't necessarily be entirely worthless, such "degrees" will not be recognized by anyone as being legitimate.

They claim to be accredited ... hmm let's see ... they say "Bible University is affiliated with SilverCross Ministries." And they say they are accredited by ICTHUS: "Independent Council for Theological Universities and Schools". The ICTHUS page says "ICTHUS is an independent branch of SilverCross Ministries ..." Ah, yeah. So basically they're accredited by themselves. There's no list of schools on the ICTHUS site, and the fact that both the Bible University and ICTHUS are hosted via Googlepages should give you a clue that they may not be totally professional.

Anyways, again, there may be some value in such programs, but to compare them with the degree you'd earn from an accredited school (which would be both valid and much more rigorous) is not really accurate.

Yes, I agree. There's something about being forced to turn in regular homework assignments and take exams that imparts a great deal of knowledge to the student. I would never have learned as much physics as I did through mere self-study. How much more must this apply to the study of theology.

Upvote 0