I finally found something Obama said that I can agree with!

Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"Gay and bisexual men make up a small percentage of the population, but over 50 percent of new infections." -Remarks by the President on the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, July 13, 2010

Source:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-national-hivaids-strategy

Here are some other things the Obama approved study says that I agree with:

"Roughly three-fourths of HIV/AIDS cases in the United States are among men, the majority of whom are gay and bisexual men."

"The United States cannot reduce the number of HIV infections nationally without better addressing HIV among gay and bisexual men." (bold emphasis in the report itself)

"What is sometimes less recognized is the extent to which the HIV epidemic among African Americans remains concentrated among Black gay men, who comprise the single largest group of African Americans living with HIV." (bold emphasis mine)

"Efforts to reduce HIV among Blacks must confront the epidemic among Black gay and bisexual men as forcefully as existing efforts to confront the epidemic among other groups."

"Gay and bisexual men have comprised the largest proportion of the HIV epidemic in the United States since the first cases were reported in the 1980s, and that has not changed."

"Even though gay and bisexual men comprise only two percent of the U.S. population (4 percent of men) Gay and bisexual men of all races are the only group in the United States where the estimated number of new HIV infections is rising annually.
They are 44 to 86 times more likely to become infected with HIV than other men, and 40 to 77 times more likely to become infected than women.
Approximately one-half of the 1.1 million persons living with HIV in the United States are gay and bisexual men, and they account for the majority (53 percent) of new HIV infections each year. High rates of HIV among gay men are found not only in large urban areas. More than half of all AIDS cases diagnosed in the United States are among gay and bisexual men irrespective of town or city size."

"As with gay and bisexual men, transgender individuals are also at high risk for HIV infection. Some studies have found that as many as 30 percent of transgender individuals are HIV-positive."

Here's where to find the White House study for downloading:
National HIV/AIDS Strategy | The White House

Last edited:

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,138,735.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you asked the Pope or American bishops, they could probably find several dozen pages of the President's positions they agree with.

Wondering which ones?

Here's a hint: they're the same several dozen pages of Tea Party positions they'd disagree with.

Start with things like college assistance for immigrant graduates and move on from there.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,138,735.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gay men in committed monogamous relationships are much less likely to contract HIV or other STD's than gay men and women in promiscuous relationships.

The same would apply to heterosexuals.

The President looks at gay marriage as encouraging stable, committed lifetime partnerships among a population group that will never form those relationships with opposite sex partners.

And, in a purely secular analysis, that makes a lot of sense.

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2011
✟15,527.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Gay men in committed monogamous relationships are much less likely to contract HIV or other STD's than gay men and women in promiscuous relationships.

The same would apply to heterosexuals.

The President looks at gay marriage as encouraging stable, committed lifetime partnerships among a population group that will never form those relationships with opposite sex partners.

And, in a purely secular analysis, that makes a lot of sense.

from th standpoint of logic it makes no sense

if something is a perversion, it should not be promoted, PERIOD... end o'sentence

homosexuals are known to be VERY promiscuous, as a group. They are the least faithful of all people, as statistics show..

they usually do not even want to be married... and if they do, it seems it is only to gain respectability in society

but a perversion by any other name would be as foul

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,138,735.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

if something is a perversion, it should not be promoted, PERIOD... end o'sentence

homosexuals are known to be VERY promiscuous, as a group. They are the least faithful of all people, as statistics show..

they usually do not even want to be married... and if they do, it seems it is only to gain respectability in society

When people enter into the mainstream of society their behavior usually starts conforming to societal norms. College students, for example, might often be weekend partiers with multiple relationships, but when they marry and start 9 to 5 jobs their behavior becomes more circumspect.

Could it be gays' ostracism from the mainstream of society that led them to promiscuity in the past?

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You logic is so faulty in barely qualifies as logic:

1) Gay's are prerverted
2) Gay's can't get married
3) Because they can't get married they have unmarried sex
4) Unmarried sex is perverted
5) goto 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Gay men in committed monogamous relationships are much less likely to contract HIV or other STD's
Then, according to the statistics, this is a rare thing.

But we must remember the words of our Lord when He said:

"...do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I hope you feel better, maybe tomorrow we can condemn Prostitutes or the Homeless.

If you feel so strongly, than maybe you should begin a ministry to reach out and touch their lives. Maybe you can volunteer at a hospice and tell a man dying of Aids the good news of Christ. maybe you can minister to the young Gay runaways that have been thrown out on the streets by their families.

It is easy to condemn, difficult to show compassion.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I hope you feel better, maybe tomorrow we can condemn Prostitutes or the Homeless.

If you feel so strongly, than maybe you should begin a ministry to reach out and touch their lives. Maybe you can volunteer at a hospice and tell a man dying of Aids the good news of Christ. maybe you can minister to the young Gay runaways that have been thrown out on the streets by their families.

It is easy to condemn, difficult to show compassion.
I don't know if you are directing this post at me, but if so:

1) AIDS is not my fault

2) I didn't write the White House report

3) True compassion is not telling people that their behavior is ok when it's a behavior that clearly puts them in danger spiritually and even physically. An anology would be if someone is an alcoholic it would not be compassionate to tell them that it's ok to continue with the behavior that is destroying their life.

4) I never said that I don't have sins of my own that I have to struggle with to overcome.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟192,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought we knew gay and bisexual people have a higher risk for these things. Obama may already have known that too. He supports gay sex and marriage though doesn't he?

No, he doesn't support gay marriage.

He opposes a federal law banning them, however.

He believes that should be left up to the states to decide.

Ironically, many pro-life people believe that the Roe V Wade decision violated the state's right to ban abortions.

Jim

Upvote 0