• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I feel like I can't be forgiven.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All day long I hear a voice mocking me. I'm worried that I lost my salvation (or maybe I never had it). How can I know if I am saved? I keep thinking I'm going to hell no matter what anyone says. I keep feeling like my sins are too great. The voice says I will die in a horrible way too, and that's how I know I'm going to hell. All day long the voice laughs at me. The voice in my head has told me how and when I'm going to die. The voice says he knows the future and he knows when and how I will die. I'm really scared because I believe it is true.

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That voice is a Liar. You believe in Jesus....Jesus Himself said

John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

You have come to Jesus....you believe in Jesus....He promises you He will not cast you out.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Joh 5:24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
So many more promises for you to take up on your lips and speak out loud in the face of that horrible lying voice.

Your sins are ALREADY FORGIVEN.
Jesus ALREADY CARRIED ALL YOUR SINS in his body on the Cross.
He took them into an EMPTY TOMB and left them there.

YOU ARE RIGHTEOUS....right NOW!!
Speak it out loud--..shout it if you have to...
"I am righteous!!"
I am forgiven!!
"I am loved by God!"
Jesus blood HAS REDEEMED ME!
I AM REDEEMED!
I AM a new creature in Christ Jesus!
I am adopted by God
I am a child of God
I am a temple of the Holy Spirit!!

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay I will try to believe. I have very little faith. This voice has been laughing at me my whole life. I remember hearing it talk about future things even when I was a little kid. The voice would tell me about things I would do later in life and why I'm going to hell. It laughs at me and predicts my death.

I want to be saved though.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
All day long I hear a voice mocking me. I'm worried that I lost my salvation (or maybe I never had it). How can I know if I am saved? I keep thinking I'm going to hell no matter what anyone says. I keep feeling like my sins are too great.

You mean like you feel your sins are like scarlet and you feel like they're red like crimson? Good news though your sins might be like scarlet he'll make them white like wool though they be red like crimson he'd make them white as snow. (Isaiah 1:18)

You mean like you feel like the debtor who owed his Lord A GREAT DEBT and didn't have the money to pay it back and he begged for mercy and the Lord forgave him of all the great debt and the Lord did. You mean like that guy? (Matt 18:27)

Or you mean like Peter who was counting how many sins he should forgive before saying enough is enough and having the Lord say to him Oh no Peter not just 7 X 7 but rather 7 X 70 which = 490 times and that's in 1 day. (Matt 18:22)

Or do you believe the Lord would tell us to do something he isn't willing to do? How many times are we to forgive our brethren if they come wanting to repent. Are we to hold back and say NOPE no more forgiveness from us to you? Nope. God says keep forgiving. I'm sure you wouldn't believe God would tell us to do this but he won't?

So you feel at times that you're the chief of sinners? I think many of us would feel like we're competing with you for that title including the Apostle Paul who said that about himself. (1 Tim 1:15) At those times however we look to the precious blood of Jesus which can drown out the voice of our sin with HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS and put us into the place of being justified....that is just as if we'd never sinned.

So you feel out in left field because of sin? I heard this good thing once.....when you've sinned don't run from God when you've sinned....RUN TO HIM. Just know....he understands and loves you regardless. He's faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL righteousness. (1 Jn 1:9)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean like you feel your sins are like scarlet and you feel like they're red like crimson? Good news though your sins might be like scarlet he'll make them white like wool though they be red like crimson he'd make them white as snow. (Isaiah 1:18)

You mean like you feel like the debtor who owed his Lord A GREAT DEBT and didn't have the money to pay it back and he begged for mercy and the Lord forgave him of all the great debt and the Lord did. You mean like that guy? (Matt 18:27)

Or you mean like Peter who was counting how many sins he should forgive before saying enough is enough and having the Lord say to him Oh no Peter not just 7 X 7 but rather 7 X 70 which = 490 times and that's in 1 day. (Matt 18:22)

Or do you believe the Lord would tell us to do something he isn't willing to do? How many times are we to forgive our brethren if they come wanting to repent. Are we to hold back and say NOPE no more forgiveness from us to you? Nope. God says keep forgiving. I'm sure you wouldn't believe God would tell us to do this but he won't?

So you feel at times that you're the chief of sinners? I think many of us would feel like we're competing with you for that title including the Apostle Paul who said that about himself. (1 Tim 1:15) At those times however we look to the precious blood of Jesus which can drown out the voice of our sin with HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS and put us into the place of being justified....that is just as if we'd never sinned.

So you feel out in left field because of sin? I heard this good thing once.....when you've sinned don't run from God when you've sinned....RUN TO HIM. Just know....he understands and loves you regardless. He's faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL righteousness. (1 Jn 1:9)

Thank you! This makes me feel good.

• Prayers
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Think of all that Jesus went through to save you, in addition to the unthinkable physical pain, He took on Himself the sins of the whole world, and endured separation from the Father He loved so dearly.

As is said, the Cross is the measuring stick of God's love. Having paid such a high price for you (this is the measure of your value in God's eyes), He is not going to give up on you so quickly. He is the "friend that sticks closer than a brother" (from Proverbs).

Isaiah boils it down very nicely for someone in your situation.

"For the Lord GOD will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed.
[He is] near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who [is] My adversary? Let him come near Me.
Surely the Lord GOD will help Me; Who [is] he [who] will condemn Me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up.
"Who among you fears the LORD? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness And has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD And rely upon his God.

If you have a heart for God and seek to please Him, yet walk in darkness and have no light, simply trust in the Name of the Lord, Jesus. Let His name be a prayer in your heart and on your lips. Trust in His faithfulness to get you through even when you can't see the way forward. Trust that He will give you the guidance and strength you need to overcome and be a victor. Because of His love for you, He will.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” -Matt 11:28-30​

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I keep feeling like my sins are too great.
Please go and talk to your doctor. You need your medication changed.

Who died to pay the penalty for your sins?
Was it another person? No another person has to die for their sins.
It was Jesus, the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity. He paid the penalty your sins deserved and gave you his rightousness.

Those voices are liars, so get your medication changed.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep worrying because I feel like God gave me signs that I'm going to hell. I got several supernatural signs regarding my sins. They made me feel like my sins are too bad to forgive. I keep thinking of these signs and I lose my faith. I get faith sometimes, but then I lose it shortly afterward. How can I keep having faith when I got all these nasty supernatural signs? The signs also said I will die in a terrible way. I'm afraid of dying the way they are predicting I will die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My friend, please slow down and listen carefully to this, and let it sink deep, because I think it will help. It is the truth that sets us free. Everything has to be proven by the word of God. What is not consistent with it must be cast away. There is nothing remotely equal to the cleansing power of the shed blood of the Son of God. He was from above, sinless and holy. He joined to our race, and then He gave Himself as payment for our sins. Because He was not of this world, He is greater than this world. Therefore there is no sin of ours that cannot be forgiven, if we only ask.

God's grace through Jesus Christ is like a stream of water. Our faith is like the faucet that allows it to flow. Once you understand the truth about the power of the cross, your faith arises and grace flows into your heart, and you gain the power to break strongholds and overcome all obstacles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just don't think things will work out for me. This voice in my head is laughing at me all day long. He says he knows the future and I will die in a terrible way and then wake up in a coffin where I will be for all eternity. He says he will torture me in a coffin forever. For some reason I just believe it's the truth. He's shown me that he knows the future and he says my future is terrible. That's why he laughs at me all day long. He laughs because he knows I want to find a way out of my destiny, but there is no way out. So he just keeps laughing.

I'm just tired of this voice laughing at me all day long. But he will never stop.

No matter how many people try to help me, the voice always wins. He is always laughing.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Porpoise
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For some reason I just believe it's the truth.
The Bible says that all who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved. All who keep asking, keep seeking, and keep knocking will receive, find, and have it opened to them. Jesus says that of all who come to Him, none will He cast away. Do you see that the voices you are hearing are in contradiction to this?

Down the ages there have been saints who foresaw their own deaths. Some of the deaths were to be very gruesome. But even then these saints were filled with the peace and love of God, and with complete assurance in His goodness and faithfulness to them. They were not filled with despair, but with grace to face their fates victoriously, as they looked to the new life to come. That is the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, perseverance, and so on (Gal 5). If these voices are not giving you peace, they are not in alignment with the wisdom of God as James details in chapter 3 of his epistle.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the voices says that it is from the devil. In fact, it says that it is the devil himself.

The devil voice says that if God loved me he would take away the voices. He says that because God won't take away the voices then it is evidence that God hates me.

I have a hard time because I'm not really good at separating lies from truth.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All day long I hear a voice mocking me. I'm worried that I lost my salvation (or maybe I never had it). How can I know if I am saved? I keep thinking I'm going to hell no matter what anyone says. I keep feeling like my sins are too great. The voice says I will die in a horrible way too, and that's how I know I'm going to hell. All day long the voice laughs at me. The voice in my head has told me how and when I'm going to die. The voice says he knows the future and he knows when and how I will die. I'm really scared because I believe it is true.

Never, never, never despair of being able to receive Divine Mercy...

divine-mercy1.gif

Jesus, I trust in Thee.... this is a very hard trial for you, Snow. This voice is lying to you. Jesus is Mercy itself, and He loves you.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never, never, never despair of being able to receive Divine Mercy...

divine-mercy1.gif

Jesus, I trust in Thee.... this is a very hard trial for you, Snow. This voice is lying to you. Jesus is Mercy itself, and He loves you.

Thank you. I want to believe.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I want to believe.
Talk to Jesus. He loves you! Ignore the voice. It is lying, doesn't know much, and is doing everything possible to freak you out and cause you to give up. Don't give up! Jesus is Love and Mercy themselves! He loves you, friend. Let Him carry you in His Heart!

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope this isn't too personal of a question, but I see you post in this forum and I never thought to ask if you go to church? Maybe it's a dumb question but I think fellowship might help you.

Yes, I have been going to church. My main problem is that the voices I hear really scare me. They have predicted the future before and these days they are predicting that I am going to die in a terrible way. One voice keeps pressuring me to do things I don't really want to do. He says it's the only way out of all my troubles. He says I can avoid dying the way they say I will if I do what he says.

In short, I just feel like there is no way out. These voices make me feel doomed. They make me feel like things will end badly no matter what I do.

One voice says over and over "What can you do if God hates you that bad?" He tells me God hates me and that is why I am suffering. He says that God would give me a way out of my troubles if he loved me, but he doesn't.

My main problem is that these voices in my head tell me about future events. They tell me things will be horrible for me in the future. Then they tell me how to get out of it. They tell me if I do what they say they will save me, but I'm afraid of doing what they ask me. So I'm constantly suffering from these voices. If I didn't have these voices then I could just do whatever I want. But these voices are constantly trying to influence me. Basically, ignorance is bliss. If I didn't have these voices them I wouldn't feel so lousy all the time.

Plus I have been getting multiple signs saying I'm going to hell. I found mysterious writing around my house prophesying my death and that I will go to hell.

The voice in my head says I will be in a coffin for all eternity. He says it over and over. I honestly believe it. I don't think anything can save me. I wish there was a way out, but I can't find one. I feel like if God or Jesus loved me there would be a way out, but I can't find one. The voices bother me all day long, every day.

I just feel like there is no way out. The voices say I will be in a coffin forever. They say I am already in the coffin and this is all just a dream. They say when I die I will wake up in the coffin.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just feel like there is no way out.
Do a page search (press 'Ctrl-f' in your browser) for "feel". To date there are 26 of them on this page, most from you. You can do what you want and believe what you want, but I would like to make sure you understand what you're doing. You are placing more weight on these voices and what they say than on the eternal, unchangeable word of God. One of the voices even claimed to be the devil, and according to Jesus we know he's a liar. And if the voice isn't the devil, that too makes him a liar. Either way he's a liar. Yet you are placing more credence in them than in the word.

God hates you? Someone needs to get that information to Jesus. But it is too late. He already gave Himself to a horrific death because He thought God loved you and wanted you reconciled back to Him.

You do not need to heed these voices. You have the right to disregard them, to ignore them, to tell them to take a hike, to disobey them. Gal. 5.1 says Christ set us free and wants us to stay that way.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do a page search (press 'Ctrl-f' in your browser) for "feel". To date there are 26 of them on this page, most from you. You can do what you want and believe what you want, but I would like to make sure you understand what you're doing. You are placing more weight on these voices and what they say than on the eternal, unchangeable word of God. One of the voices even claimed to be the devil, and according to Jesus we know he's a liar. And if the voice isn't the devil, that too makes him a liar. Either way he's a liar. Yet you are placing more credence in them than in the word.

God hates you? Someone needs to get that information to Jesus. But it is too late. He already gave Himself to a horrific death because He thought God loved you and wanted you reconciled back to Him.

You do not need to heed these voices. You have the right to disregard them, to ignore them, to tell them to take a hike, to disobey them. Gal. 5.1 says Christ set us free and wants us to stay that way.

Okay, I will try to do better. I just have a hard time not believing the voices because they have been right sometimes. They aren't right all the time. I've caught them in a lie before. But they are right sometimes. It's hard to ignore them because they are there all the time all day long. They don't leave me alone very often. Hopefully God will give me a way out of this mess.

I think you are right. I need to have more faith.

I get faith sometimes and read the Bible, but it comes and goes. I'm just a very pessimistic person. I have a hard time seeing the lighter side of things.

Also, I'm used to trusting the nice voice that I hear, but sometimes he tells me to do things I don't want to do. Like he will start telling me to quit college when I don't want to quit. So I'm used to trusting him, but then he will try to get me to do something bad for me.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0