Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It seems like even the smallest mention of anything that is, or could be, sexual... is enough to make me start thinking about it! Argh! :doh:

I need to put myself inside a thick wooden box and ask to be taken somewhere remote in the World. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Congratulations. You're human.

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems like even the smallest mention of anything that is, or could be, sexual... is enough to make me start thinking about it! Argh! :doh:

I need to put myself inside a thick wooden box and ask to be taken somewhere remote in the World. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Well if something is mentioned that is sexual in nature your thoughts would at least briefly think about sex in my opinion. It's just like someone that mentions "red", your mind flashes a glimpse of red.

Don't beat yourself down about it...

Upvote 0
Q

Quoth

Yes, I feel that way sometimes. Romans 12:1 tells us that we should be constantly transformed by the renewal of our minds. I found a few things helpful:

Consider your company.
Are you hanging around guys who always talk about sex in a non-reverent manner? Do they crack dirty jokes and talk about their sexual exploits? Reconsider how much time you really need to spend with them, if any.

Bounce your eyes.
Do you find yourself checking women out? Do you constantly fantasize about sex? I find many women attractive, but I have trained myself (over a great deal of time and hard work) to look, thank God that He made such a beautiful creature, then bounce my eyes away from her, and submit my thoughts and emotions to God. Force it out of your mind.

Find a hobby.
As a guy, I know that most of the time when I sin sexually, it's because I'm abusing my time. I'm just sitting around doing nothing in particular. Wasting time is a bad thing, but I think God would prefer you to do something else with your time if you're going to waste it--play a card game or find a book to read. Find something you're good at and spend your time there instead of around things that could lead you down the wrong road.

Immerse yourself in the Word and good fellowship.
Fellowship is a term that is used very loosely in American culture. As Christians, we can get caught up in thinking that just a casual conversation about last week's game is "fellowship", but as it is understood in the Bible, it means an intimate (not sexual) relationship. Find good friends that encourage you to follow the Lord. Also, immerse yourself in the Word of God so that you will eventually start to think about sex in a godly manner, and with a degree of reverence. Then, when you start to have "sexual thoughts", they will be more toward the idea of what a beautiful thing it is, not a "recreational activity".

Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Dude you're a Man. I wish I could give better advice, but I struggle with the same stuff, it is rough being a Christian Man and walking in Obedience, this is going to be my first year in which I have actually walked in obedience. Some people here on CF don't even try to walk obediently, they just figure its too much hassle and fornicate at will.

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single

don't hate yourself because you have one, you'll just end up giving yourself a complex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
we're all human-i agree- and have "impure" thoughts, its just great we can come here and realize that there are other people who have thought the same things we do.

No way, not me. All I ever think about is cotton candy and Barney :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Thanks guys and gals, that's a lot of great help. :)

I guess I'm thinking too much about thinking, which is confusing. :D
Analyzing the way you analyze? Been there. It's kind of fun. Thinking about how others think isn't too fun though.

Upvote 0