Christian Kandi Raver
Oct 31, 2015
MO
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Side note: This is a little more of a "hey whats the next step," than it is an "oh dang it, my first thread out in the open failed." I reread it and noticed the angle I wrote it was more of a blog post. I think it was also due to the type of music and culture I was bringing up. EDM and disco in general had a lot of bad moments where outside influences was ruining it more that it was helping.
........................................Where do I start as a DJ/Musician?.................................
.....It inspires me to think that people would dance just for the heck of it. Imagine people dancing for the Lord instead of dancing to get away from the chaotic world. I am going to be going back to college this fall for my general studies. I failed college the first time around because I had not recommitted my life to God. I wanted so bad just to fit into the Goth culture that I was slowly falling away from God.
.....I am inspired to flip the Kandi kid Culture around and bring it back on its feet. This time it will be for the glory of God. People will spend 3 hours or more dancing but when they think of going to church to sing praise music for less than an hour they cringe.
.....So if you read this far I want to know what I need to become a DJ/musician. I play piano/synth primarily for right now but I played guitar and cello before. To put it point blank I have no idea what major I should be in to go into music ministry. Any advice?

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Research "Club Worship" It is a natural fit for you.

Get all the training you can. Music and ministry. God will use it somehow.

(If you care to check me out, you'll see my advice is trustworthy. I have been professional for almost 40 years)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Side note: This is a little more of a "hey whats the next step," than it is an "oh dang it, my first thread out in the open failed." I reread it and noticed the angle I wrote it was more of a blog post. I think it was also due to the type of music and culture I was bringing up. EDM and disco in general had a lot of bad moments where outside influences was ruining it more that it was helping.
........................................Where do I start as a DJ/Musician?.................................
.....It inspires me to think that people would dance just for the heck of it. Imagine people dancing for the Lord instead of dancing to get away from the chaotic world. I am going to be going back to college this fall for my general studies. I failed college the first time around because I had not recommitted my life to God. I wanted so bad just to fit into the Goth culture that I was slowly falling away from God.
.....I am inspired to flip the Kandi kid Culture around and bring it back on its feet. This time it will be for the glory of God. People will spend 3 hours or more dancing but when they think of going to church to sing praise music for less than an hour they cringe.
.....So if you read this far I want to know what I need to become a DJ/musician. I play piano/synth primarily for right now but I played guitar and cello before. To put it point blank I have no idea what major I should be in to go into music ministry. Any advice?

I am afraid I can't help with advice, but I wish you well for the future.

God be with you.

Upvote 0