I don't know what to do anymore, I need help!

Ashyah

Jul 11, 2006
Illinois
✟7,813.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes the relationship will get to the point that all a couple will do is argue about everything.
I pray that yours heals.
Father I lift my brother and sister for healing Lord. Bring peace to that home. Financial blessings peace,tranquility. Please don't let either one of them say anything that will offend the other or you father. In the name of Jesus Amen.

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi! Just an update, things were better for awhile, but now I"m really feeling emotionally detached from my husband. He won't show me any attention and makes me feel like I am so undesireable and unwanted.. I feel like all I'm good for is sex when he needs it and then he can treat me like dirt. I don't understand.. and I don't know.. I'm running out of tears. My mind has started to wander to what it would be like to be with someone who was on the same page as me.. a strong Christian man. It's so hard because as I've been growing as a Christian.. he's been backsliding. We were both saved around the same time.. and that was the best time of our life.. since then we've gone in opposite directions. I'm lost. I'm hurting.. I don't know what to do anymore.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
livin4christ9203 said:
Hi! Just an update, things were better for awhile, but now I"m really feeling emotionally detached from my husband. He won't show me any attention and makes me feel like I am so undesireable and unwanted.. I feel like all I'm good for is sex when he needs it and then he can treat me like dirt. I don't understand.. and I don't know.. I'm running out of tears. My mind has started to wander to what it would be like to be with someone who was on the same page as me.. a strong Christian man. It's so hard because as I've been growing as a Christian.. he's been backsliding. We were both saved around the same time.. and that was the best time of our life.. since then we've gone in opposite directions. I'm lost. I'm hurting.. I don't know what to do anymore.

I'll keep praying for you and for your husband, that he would let God soften his heart and work in his life.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

I know that someone else mentioned Power of a Praying Wife, by Stormie Omartian. This book is so helpful, and there is also a workbook to go with it. What is so awesome about it is that it helps you to pray in a way that is focused on what's really best for your husband instead of what you want from him. Doing this helps you to change your focus. The workbook is even better, it helps you to ask the right questions. Something else, pray scripture.

Upvote 0

cjba

Feb 16, 2004
CA
✟15,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to focus on God for stregth. I went through a similar situation with the lak of affection from my husband. We to went back and forth.

As of today is is officical he wants out of the marriage. I know exactly what you are feeling.

I'm so sorry you are going through this trial. would not wish this upon my worst enemy.

I will keep you and your hubby in prayer.

Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟28,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Livin - are you two still in counseling?

The bottom line is that he needs to want to change. Only he can come to that decision. You can only love him and at the same time be firm about what behavior you will or won't accept.

You sound worn out - much like my wife feels right now. I know that I've messed up, and now I've got a long road. Your husband needs to reach that point as well, but YOU have to be ok whether he does or not. Get some counseling for your self. Get some friends to talk to, and remember that you are not responsible for him?

I'll be praying for you

Upvote 0