Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
After all these years I still don't get it. I wouldn't want to die without understanding it. Bolt cutters? How can bolt cutters cut through steel/metal??? Who could have the muscle to squeeze the handles. It's an on going puzzle to me.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟787,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
After all these years I still don't get it. I wouldn't want to die without understanding it. Bolt cutters? How can bolt cutters cut through steel/metal??? Who could have the muscle to squeeze the handles. It's an on going puzzle to me.
Metal is rated in several ways, including hardness and malleability. The bolt is hard, but not as hard as the cutter. It is more malleable than the cutter, meaning that as the cutter presses against it, it 'squeezes' away from the pressure.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Metal is rated in several ways, including hardness and malleability. The bolt is hard, but not as hard as the cutter. It is more malleable than the cutter, meaning that as the cutter presses against it, it 'squeezes' away from the pressure.
Mostly I was thinking of the pad locks they cut with them.
That's very technical mq, but thanks:clap:

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I worked for an employer whose wife and daughter joked about his mechanical abilities. They said if someone gave him a screwdriver, he wouldn't know which end to hold. On the other hand, he did know how to run a successful business.

Upvote 0