jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“The remarkable truth is that our choices matter, not just to us and our own destiny but, amazingly, to God Himself and the universe He rules.”

PHILIP YANCEY

If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve……….but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The people said to Joshua, “We will serve the LORD our God and we will obey His voice.” So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.
JOSHUA 24 part of verse 15 and verses 25 and 26

Famous last words. Joshua died soon after having recorded these words. He was 110 years old and was one of the great warriors of all time. He kept his eyes on the prize that lay ahead, not to be swayed by the negative influences of those around him. Joshua knew about choices, he had observed as the people choose not to enter the Promise Land because of fear, and the result was that they were held back from many of God’s blessings of health and prosperity. Many times the choices that we make have a lasting effect on our lives. In 1967 I volunteered for Vietnam. That choice changed my life forever. In 1968 I choose to experiment with drugs, and for the next thirty years I wandered in my own self-made wilderness. That choice changed my life forever. In 1983 I made a decision to read the Bible and to allow Jesus to work in and through my life, that choice changed my life forever. My AA sponsor works with wood and he asked me what Scripture I wanted carved out and placed on a plaque. This was a gift from him to me. I did not have to think too long about what I wanted the wall plaque to say. I chose “But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD.” It hangs on my living room wall reminding me that the choice is mine, and that the decisions that I made have a lasting effect on everything around me. Today may I choose God, and God will do for me what I could not do for myself…..JRE

I CHOOSE GENTLENESS…….

Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle
If I raise my voice may it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.
MAX LUCADO