new york city
✟15,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Save your life in the scripture means your worldly life, I's not referring to physical life and death. We lose that life for Christ. Basically, don't be of the world

Either way, David defended his people with a sling. Yes he depended on God, but showed his faith by doing all you are saying not to do. Personally, if my family is in danger from unreasonable men, I'll gladly take on the responsibility and hope God steadies my aim.

Between someone who does nothing while him and/or his family are being murdered, and the one who at least tries to defend himself/family, who wiould you see as the good man, the one who watches his family slaughtered, and said they have faith or the one who shows that faith and defends them?
well said ^_^

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Save your life in the scripture means your worldly life, I's not referring to physical life and death. We lose that life for Christ..
Does this also reflect your view on the Incarnation? Do you believe that Christ was literally crucified, in the flesh, or is the crucifixion merely a spiritual/figurative event in your understanding?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What? No, save your life mean your life, to carry your own cross to death. David used a weapon, but Jesus is not David he is the son of God, I think he knows better then David.

You miss my point here,

You live by the gun you will die by the gun. What part of this does not make sense?

You know how many gun deaths a year there are? a day? more then you even know.

I do not want any one to die from a gun, not even you.

You didn't answer my question, who is the good man? There is a reason you didn't answer...because it's a no brainer, but goes against what you believe, not to mention, you know what God thinks of cowards.

If, in the process of losing our life (dumping sinful pleasure/"living" it up), the rare event should actually come up that we actually lose it physically, for Christs sake, then of course we'd die, but that is very unlikely in this day and age , at least in the USA.

You live by the gun you will die by the gun. What part of this does not make sense?

It all makes perfect sense, if you understand what it means to live by the sword (gun). A thief, or drug dealer lives by the gun, he always needs it just in case. Anyone always "half cocked", so to speak, with their gun, lives by the gun, an assassin lives by the gun. These are dangerous professions/ways to live. However we can own a gun and a sword and not live by it. It's just there for protection from those that do...huge difference. It's like food, we can live for it, and have tons of trouble (the puns just keep on coming :) ) or we can use food as it's intended, and be just fine.

Suit yourself. Maybe someone else will be honest about that scripture and not twist it into something against defending ones self and family/gun rights, and verify my position on the verse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LEAA/SOFR

Mar 29, 2018
Midwest
✟14,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Daniel, if you want to live your life serving the Lord with passivity,
then Lord bless you. But please don't try to argue with me about
having a firearm, which I may or may not take another life in
an act of defense of self and/or defense of others. In my state
we have a Stand Your Ground law.

I have some excellent Christian books which I'd like to suggest to you.
They will hopefully explain to you why I am the way I am now, and why
you're not entirely correct on alot of things concerning Christlikeness,
masculinity and how to deal with the world without compromising
your testimony.

A Christian nice guy believes that all passivity is synonymous with godliness.
This why they get beat up, discriminated against in the workplace, housing,
and taken advantage of. They're easy.

A Christian Good Guy on the other hand, knows when to be polite and respectful,
especially toward church and secular authority. They also know when to kick butt
and take names. All without compromising their witness.

I'm including photo's of the book cover's to prove they're real and available.

whymenhategoingtochurch.jpg

nmcng.jpg

nomorejellyfish.jpg

churchimpotent.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does this also reflect your view on the Incarnation? Do you believe that Christ was literally crucified, in the flesh, or is the crucifixion merely a spiritual/figurative event in your understanding?

I believe what the bible states, he was crucified in the flesh. What does that have to do with the subject of self defense?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am a pastor, Do you think I should sit idly by while a mad gun toting meth head rushes into my church and kills my congregation????
If you were in my congregation and was breathing down the barrel of a meth heads gun, You would be very glad I saved your physical life as well as led you to spiritual life.
Yes I carry and I will use it if I need too!!!
I have a concealed carry permit and I have trained in potential shooter situations. I am not blind as to the evil in the world today and to try and use certain scripture to defend the idea of not needing protection in today's society is akin to the guy who died sitting beside the creek begging God for water.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I believe what the bible states, he was crucified in the flesh. What does that have to do with the subject of self defense?
The application of what you believe the Bible says.
Any more is to venture to a different topic.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It think the problem is as it usually is in cases like this...the difference in dying for our beliefs and just dying out of cowardess, or for nor reason at all but we weren't ready because of our confused beliefs. The following show two right, but completely different scenarios:

I am a pastor, Do you think I should sit idly by while a mad gun toting meth head rushes into my church and kills my congregation????

If, in the process of losing our life (dumping sinful pleasure/"living" it up), the rare event should actually come up that we actually lose it physically, for Christs sake, then of course we'd die, but that is very unlikely in this day and age , at least in the USA.

We should NOT just do nothing when unfair/bad men threaten ours, the lives of others.

We should be willing to die before we denounce Christ, a very unlikely possibility/why it didn't come up so much. Honestly, we/I assume people know the difference, but some just don't....they get the two confused, and I suppose it should be easy to see how that can happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why carry? God protects you
Yes, God protects me by blessing me with the means to acquire a .45 and shoot it straight.

The book of acts goes against Jesus words and I don't follow it, I follow Jesus who said to love your enemies', do good to those who hate you and use you.

Turn the other cheek, when Jesus told his own disciple you live by the sword you die by the sword.
So you pick and choose what parts of scripture your believe and follow? Good to know.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes, God protects me by blessing me with the means to acquire a .45 and shoot it straight.

So you pick and choose what parts of scripture your believe and follow? Good to know.

No, I follow Jesus only, no picking and choosing, Jesus is the only way truth and light.

Did you read that?

Here, I will write it one more time.

Jesus is the only truth.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I follow Jesus only, no picking and choosing, Jesus is the only way truth and light.

Did you read that?

Here, I will write it one more time.

Jesus is the only truth.
Ah, I see. So you would be what's commonly referred to as a "red letter Christian"?

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Ah, I see. So you would be what's commonly referred to as a "red letter Christian"?

I'm not Sure what that term means but I follow only Jesus words out of the new testament. The four gospels of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Could you give us a New Testament example of one that doesn’t. You mentioned Acts earlier.

Sure thing my friend, I posted this already but will do it again for you, there is more then this, but this is a start.

• Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It Is Ok

• Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No

• Paul Says The Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus Says They Were Lax About The Law

• Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy

• Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to His Ascension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So

• Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But Jesus Says No

• Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth

• Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not Within Everyone's Power

• Jesus Says There Is One Pastor and Teacher (Himself), But Paul Says There Are Many Pastors and Teachers

• Paul Says God Is The God of the Dead, But Jesus Says God Is Not The God of the Dead

• Paul Says God Does Not Live in Temples Made of Human Hands, But Jesus Says He Does

• Jesus says Nations Of The World Are Under Satan, But Paul Says Its Rulers Are Agents of God

• Jesus Teaches Rapture is Of Evil Ones First, But Paul Teaches The Opposite

• Jesus Says A Call Is Revocable, But Paul Says It Is Irrevocable

• Jesus Says Some Are Righteous, But Paul Says It Is Impossible

• Paul Excludes Eating With Sinners But Christ's Example We Are To Follow, and the Lost Sheep Parable, Is Contrary

• Paul Teaches We Are Eternally Secure, But Jesus Teaches Insecurity to a Sinning Believer

• Paul Teaches In Original Sin But Jesus Contradicts

• Paul Denies Obedience Grants Any Righteousness Unto Life, But Jesus Says It Does

• Jesus Sends The Apostles to Baptize, But Paul Says Jesus Did Not Send Him to Baptize

• Jesus Says the Merciful Receive Mercy, But Paul Says Only Those God Chooses Arbitrarily Will Receive Mercy

• Paul Says Salvation Does Not Depend Upon Exertion, But Jesus Says It Does

• Paul Says He Could Be Justified of The Sin that Never Could be Justified under the Law given Moses (Blasphemy), but Jesus says to the contrary that it is The Unpardonable Sin.

• Paul Says Flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God, but Jesus in Flesh ascended to heaven, and promises to resurrect our bodies to heaven / New Jerusalem, giving us the same physical resurrection that Jesus had.

here is the source bellow, there is full scripture to compare each. If I find one real contradiction to Jesus I will not follow it.

www.jesuswordsonly.com/recommendedreading/175-pauls-contradictions-of-jesus.html

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0