• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i cant stop marijuana

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i know, im a hypocrite.. why do i post in christian advice? Because I believe, more than anything. Marijuana was just always my way of blocking reality out.. and it worked. But after 10 years of abuse, my brain is a farce. Right now, I'm about 10 minutes away from getting locked up. My doctors tell me to be sober.. but I can't. I know Jesus said I can overcome this.. in his promises. Now, I need to warn you not to smoke pot. People lie and say it's not addictive.. it totally is. and for schizophrenics, it's a killer. I try to ignore the elephant in the room.. but soon i'm going to have to go to rehab. sucks

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm completely sober and even avoid smoking cigarettes, but i know it is hard to kick a habit. I can't stop picking my nails, and that is not even supposed to be addictive. I hope you kick your habit. Don't worry about posting in christian advice. We're all fallen, but still want advice from others.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
hurting for you man, marijuana is a big mistake to do a lot of and even a little bit can send you round the bend, I am still struggling to get my strength back after doing it a handful of times

I think it clogs your circuits or something, because I am sure there are things I could do before taking it that I now cannot

Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm completely sober and even avoid smoking cigarettes, but i know it is hard to kick a habit. I can't stop picking my nails, and that is not even supposed to be addictive. I hope you kick your habit. Don't worry about posting in christian advice. We're all fallen, but still want advice from others.

thank you guys. i hate my life.. things need to change

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just trying to help you out here .... when you feel the need for the weed do you have any emotional triggers ... when I used to sin it was because I felt like i had no hope ... I just fell into sin out of dispare .... or is it purely a physical addiction.

Upvote 0
i know, im a hypocrite.. why do i post in christian advice? Because I believe, more than anything. Marijuana was just always my way of blocking reality out.. and it worked. But after 10 years of abuse, my brain is a farce. Right now, I'm about 10 minutes away from getting locked up. My doctors tell me to be sober.. but I can't. I know Jesus said I can overcome this.. in his promises. Now, I need to warn you not to smoke pot. People lie and say it's not addictive.. it totally is. and for schizophrenics, it's a killer. I try to ignore the elephant in the room.. but soon i'm going to have to go to rehab. sucks

You can stop Cannabis. But if you are using it to escape - what will you turn to instead? Hundreds of millions of people around the globe use Cannabis medically and recreationally - or have, at one time.

Maybe it's time to look at what you are escaping from, rather than blame one substance. You don't want to quit then turn to something else because the underlying problem remains.

Btw - as an occasional user (former regular user) - I've never had any physical withdrawals from marijuana. I'm not schizophrenic, so can't speak from that aspect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It is possible to reverse the effects of smoking, you should be focussing on that.

It takes a lot of time, but eventually your brain realizes it is safe to start working again.

You will be lucky if you get there though, smoking at all will stop you getting there.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i am just a false convert.. or something along those lines.

You are not a false convert at all. If it makes you feel any better I will go out and smoke some weed so you don't feel as bad about yourself ... p.s. just kidding ...

I bet you have grown a lot since you became a believer, even if just in belief it's self. You probably just feel overpowered by the old habits. But here is the key.

Gal 5:16-17 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

The key is to walk in the Spirit, cry out to God asking him to fill you with his spirit, when you get weak tell God you can't cope and you need His power to overcome the weed. I find prayer, constant prayer, walking towards God, not away, keeps me free from my personal addictions.

Be freed, from the weed, hang on the the hands that bleed.

Let me know how many times you fail, and I will scream out "Halelujah!!! there is another one for grace. I say this because in Christ 5 years from now weed will be a thing of the past, you WILL gain the victory over the weed. But in the mean time stop beating your self up over it. You are trying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, man, don't lose hope.

You just need a positive self-image that comes from God

and a bit of helpful distance between you and the weed

the rest time will take care of

Would Buddha smoke dope?

good advice as always. distance is what i need.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

I have to ask you if you have any kind of food issues.
I know alot of my family has drug issues but they also have real food issues and chemical issues with foodcolorings etc..
lots of celiacs disease and liver problem from celiacs..

just incase there is a real reason that you started smoking it . you really need to pray about getting to the root of any other issues too.

so like I smoked( cigarettes) for years.. everyone always riding me because I was addicted.

but I couldn't find the answers to my real questions..

which turned out to be a few things one was was celiacs and milk allergies and eggs and ....

and I spent most of my life not being able to keep food down.
spontaneous vomit-us.. and other end issues.
I spent my youth trying to be an Athlete but could not eat and had Lupus and heart issues and .... from a very messed up immune system

when I went to the doctors they said it was in my head and just wanted to give me happy pills.. after a examination akin to a alien abduction..

30 40 years later my kids figure out the real issues,.

we all have all the tale tale signs of celiacs.

as I have direct native american ancestors ... we can't eat alot of stuff everyone else does and we were CORN eating people , and we didn't eat milk or liquor , toxins like cities in europe.

now potato people and rice people just might not be able to digest the others starches and their proteins and food colorings ,,. my nephew husbands side. got off of his ADHD meds by removing food colorings.

because scientist don't really believe in adaptation they do things like send native americans cheese commodities and milk voutchers and plenty of white flour.. the culture sent them on a the trail of tears with a cow , and wonder why they all died.

no one ever wonders why they hate the dominant culture so much.. maybe because out of the goodness of it's heart heart heart it is poisoning them.

so please pray about your linage... your history and your genes. you direct ancestors and what they would have eaten..

you are your grandma's grandma grandma.. and if you are a woman you are also your father mother mothers mother.

and you are mostly your fathers father .. by race .. but not by function.

you are your mothers by function at a cell level.

I hope that helps! I know my family is also so happy we figured it out.

the phenomena , the horrible skin rashes and the poops from wheat .. infections and auto immune things that have been a nightmare.
when I smoked cigarettes .. I wasn't hungry...and that was a blessing from God as far as I was concerned. because if I ate I would be in a fetal position from pain and no preachers could heal it or be throwing up.. so smoking was way better than most of the options.... and 40 doctors had no answer .. but happy pills..
and you won't believe what I told them to do with their happy pills.. maybe you would believe it.. they were awful! most of them were crazy.

I didn't really understand who or what I was, though god seemed to keep making me look at that .. I didn't understand why it was important.. and God can't heal me from who I am., He won't heal me from who I am. who I am is my blessings too.
I knew who my ancestors were , but I didn't think of myself the same as they were , you know blood quantum stuff.. that quantum stuff after all is how science tell us and themselves genes work.. well that is NOT how they work..
I didn't know what I needed to be able to function. their science was no kind of help, at all. and you can only power through life for so long on just will and prayers ! prayer work but the will runs out.
my grandmas were indians.. I was blondish.. no indian would have called me indian matter of fact they all make jokes about folks like me... my sister looked full or 1/2 blooded.. I didn't . but 5 of my 8 great grandparents were part blood. and most important both of my direct X lines were native woman lines.. if your moms moms moms is a potato people or rice people or wheat people you might not be able to eat corn or potatoes .. or ... eggs or ????
please pray about it and maybe also check if your ears are bright red after you eat to see if your body is having a immune reaction at the cell level to something you ate. if they are red.. then record your food and your reactions. you can search for info on that idea yourself. if you need anymore help I will try .
if you are having intestinal reactions.. you won't absorb any nutrient but sugar. everyone knows what to much sugar looks like. like you have to calm down right ?
pray about that ok!

because the wrong"good" food FOR YOU for two long is not good FOR YOU...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I've tried to stop smoking cigarettes and I just couldn't. I took pot only a few times, but yesterday I saw a movie on youtube about it from Derek Prince and he said it's scorceries and I repented, prayed the prayer with him and he threw some demons out (the man is in heaven by the way, but I don't care, I just believe it and it worked). It was just gone immediately the urge to smoke. Now I know pot is much harder, but it worked for me and 2 years back I stopped at once with 8 oxazepam and a remeron a day without side effects, just by prayer. I thought smoking wasn't that bad, but I found out it's all connected, I had never been set free or repented for smoking pot a few times and it was really scary when I took it, really demonic.
Don't know if you're interested, the video is here:
DELIVERANCE AND DEMONOLOGY FALSE RELIGIONS-DEREK PRINCE - YouTube

Upvote 0

liangys

Feb 16, 2014
✟7,659.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In a way, the reason why people who abuse drugs do so is because of the "high" or the reward that they receive from having Dopamine released in their brain.

"Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centers. Dopamine also helps regulate movement and emotional responses, and it enables us not only to see rewards, but to take action to move toward them" - from an article.

This is true for all kinds of addiction, including cigaratte smoking, and even inappropriate contentography. That is why the most effective solution for addiction, is usually to replace it with another HEALTHY "HIGH" - something like sports or listening to good music (e.g Christian music), which would help to achieve the same Dopamine reward, but which is much less harmful.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Marijuana isn't physically addictive. There are no withdrawals when you stop. What you are experiencing are the issues that you are trying to cover up. If you can see those issues as being a problem I would work on them and get past blaming the Marijuana.

Upvote 0