• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I can't seem to be

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What God wants me to be. Excuse after excuse why I take more meds than prescribed for depression that never seems to want to go away. I feel like crud in the morning and after a few hours I saw screw it and dose my Gabapentin more than I should just to escape. I went to church this past Sunday and the preacher touched on this. Why do you call me Lord and not do as I say? It really hurt because I'm making excuses even tho I am in a lot of pain there are other ways to deal with it than drug abuse. So here I am feeling guilty for something I knew I shouldn't of done.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It must be hard for you right, now, sir. But it does seem as though you are relying too much on the medication to make the pain of depression go away, if you are takin gmore than prescribed. That will never help. I would recommend that you try speaking with God Himself about this, how you are feeling, and be honest about your mistakes. He wil heal you in due time, I am sure of it. At the same time, though, I believe it would be practical for you to seek some kind of counseling for this problem, as I think it could definitely be becoming an addiction that you absolutely do not want. Also, don't just quit the medication cold turkey, as that could have severe physical and mental risks as well, so instead speak with the doctor who prescribed this too you in the first place, and be honst with him/her about how you've been overdosing. Try to find the right practical solution (I believe medication of some fom CAN help), but remember that ultimately the Lord our God is the one to lean on. Just don't give up.:thumbsup:

I will pray for you, sir. It will be a tough, uphill battle, unfortunately, but He will help you win. Remember He loves you, so don't try to focus too much on the guilt you may be feeling.

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father I pray for your son. You love him so very very much. Help him to know he is not condemned there is NO Condemnation now for him because he is in you. Help him to forgive himself. None of us are perfect we all make mistakes we need Jesus 24/7. Praying for you.

Please don't stop taking your medication dosage though you might need a different one or you might need to be taking more. Please see your doctor though about this and tell them how you are feeling. Pm me anytime I am here for you as well as everyone else on this site. Don't give up. Praying for you. God loves you

Upvote 0