Nov 26, 2016
Quebec, Canada
✟7,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings my dear Christians !

All my life, I've never actually given any attention to religion, but it's been a year since I have been talking to a really close friend of mine who's Christian. I can tell him everything I feel or everything I think. He is very open minded, but one day, I told him I was gay. He was shocked. He told me that I will go to hell if I don't change, because it's against the will of god. I got really scared, so I tried the best I could to change. I've been praising god for the last months, I've been doing the sabbath and everything a good Christian would do. But I still can't change my sexual orientation...I was born that way, as an abomination, by god and I also can't change my destiny of going to hell...Please, tell me if I can have a bit of hope on my side.

Thank you, sincerely, Goldon.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Christian Forums rules treat homosexuality as a very sensitive topic. It can only be discussed in a couple of groups. In a couple of those you can ask for help in changing, but not discuss whether it's OK to be gay (or the extent to which it's possible to change).

There are only about 3 groups (Liberal: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/whosoever-will-may-come-liberal.401/, Methodist: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/wesleys-parish-methodist-nazarene.365/, and ELCA: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/elca-elcic.518/) that permit real discussion of this issue. I'd suggest posting your question in one of them. Probably Liberal makes the most sense, unless you have specific interest in either the Methodist or Lutheran churches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldon Jack

Nov 26, 2016
Quebec, Canada
✟7,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Christian Forums rules treat homosexuality as a very sensitive topic. It can only be discussed in a couple of groups. In a couple of those you can ask for help in changing, but not discuss whether it's OK to be gay.

There are only about 3 groups (Liberal: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/whosoever-will-may-come-liberal.401/, Methodist: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/wesleys-parish-methodist-nazarene.365/, and ELCA: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/elca-elcic.518/) that permit real discussion of this issue. I'd suggest posting your question in one of them. Probably Liberal makes the most sense, unless you have specific interest in either the Methodist or Lutheran churches.
Thank you a lot ! Have a beautiful day, sir.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

All my life, I've never actually given any attention to religion, but it's been a year since I have been talking to a really close friend of mine who's Christian. I can tell him everything I feel or everything I think. He is very open minded, but one day, I told him I was gay. He was shocked. He told me that I will go to hell if I don't change, because it's against the will of god. I got really scared, so I tried the best I could to change. I've been praising god for the last months, I've been doing the sabbath and everything a good Christian would do. But I still can't change my sexual orientation...I was born that way, as an abomination, by god and I also can't change my destiny of going to hell...Please, tell me if I can have a bit of hope on my side.

I don't think orientation is a choice (if it was anyone could pick a random person on the street and choose to be attracted to them), sexual acts are. Those in the Bible times had no idea of that.

I'm not sure how much I can actually say about that within the forum rules, but I will say that. :)

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker

I´m not a Christian - but I´d recommend to never listen to people who tell you there´s something wrong with what or who you are.
Now, if they tell you there´s something wrong with what you do, that´s a different animal.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Always be leery of people who use their personal religious faith to condemn you.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You don't really seem to be an atheist, since you have already accepted the existence of a god, a hell and the whole other shebang.

Most christians believe that there is only one sin that can't be forgiven, and that would be blaspheming the holy ghost. Being a homosexual might be a sin, but so are many other things you do

It's strange that people always single out sexual sins as more vile and important than any other sins like greed, hate or pride.

Upvote 0