• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I called God and Jesus Satan out of anger

Nicholas Hylman

Jul 17, 2020
High Point
✟9,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I did this out of anger. This happened on a few different occasions but I think I was pretty ignorant on what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is or maybe I wasn't? I may have known sort of what it was but didn't take it seriously. It was so long ago that I simply don't remember. I just know I used to say these things out of anger. One time I smoked marijuana and I was really high and was comparing God and Jesus to Satan for some reason. Since then I'm closer to God than I've ever been in my entire life. I'm fully and finally submitting to God. My eyes are open for good but this explanation is putting doubt in my mind all over again. RC Sproul wrote another explanation on this saying that it isn't unforgivable in the sense that God is unwilling to forgive but it's unforgivable in the sense that such a person would never seek forgiveness. Well, I'm knocking on Heaven's door with everything I have in me. Will Jesus cast me out? The only peace I feel over the matter is when I'm praying, reading the Bible, talking to Christians and doing Godly things.

• Prayers
Reactions: FreddyFreddo

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The carnal mind does this from time to time because it wants people to pay attention to it.

That part of you can't be saved anyway, but those who are born again by the Holy Spirit have the mind of Christ. Instead of indulging emotional drama, skip directly to repentance, and work on developing the use of the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Nicholas Hylman

Jul 17, 2020
High Point
✟9,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You would not have said them apart from OCD's prompting.
No, I'm being truthful. This was not OCD. I use to say this a lot when I got angry. I would accuse God and Jesus of being Satan because at the time I felt like they were torturing me. I'm closer to God than I've ever been and have grown so much since but it seems like there's no forgiveness for me.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm being truthful.
You might be, but you are quoting/listening to a Liar. So, you are perpetuating a lie anyway.

"Finally, brethren,
  • whatever things are true,
  • whatever things are noble,
  • whatever things are just,
  • whatever things are pure,
  • whatever things are lovely,
  • whatever things are of good report,
  • if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—
meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8 NKJV

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for
pulling down strongholds,
casting down arguments
and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,..."​
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 NKJV​

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Nicholas Hylman

Jul 17, 2020
High Point
✟9,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You might be, but you are quoting/listening to a Liar. So, you are perpetuating a lie anyway.

"Finally, brethren,
  • whatever things are true,
  • whatever things are noble,
  • whatever things are just,
  • whatever things are pure,
  • whatever things are lovely,
  • whatever things are of good report,
  • if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—
meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8 NKJV

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for
pulling down strongholds,
casting down arguments
and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,..."​
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 NKJV​
Who is a liar that I'm quoting/listening? RC Sproul? He's not a liar. I really said these things. I've had anger issues all throughout my life. There may have even been times when I was an atheist that I said it not out of anger but that was so long ago I simply can't remember.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How is this OCD when I actually said these things?
You seem to be obsessing over this stuff way more than usual, though.

In any case, this forum is not for debating your personal issues but for the discussion of more abstract and general topics. If the forum I linked isn't fitting, you could try this one:

General Struggles

Or just ask a moderator which forum would work best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is a liar that I'm quoting/listening? RC Sproul?
No, OCD is. Satan is a legalist. He will use God's Law to keep you bound up, and then accuse you of being idle on top of that!

And you know what to do about it.
Are you prepared to give up your fiancée to keep worshipping this thing...?

"Do you not know that
to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,​
whether
of sin leading to death, or
of obedience leading to righteousness?" Romans 6:16 NKJV​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, OCD is. Satan is a legalist. He will use God's Law to keep you bound up, and then accuse you of being idle on top of that!
Lies, Keith Green (1980)

Upvote 0

Nicholas Hylman

Jul 17, 2020
High Point
✟9,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You seem to be obsessing over this stuff way more than usual, though.

In any case, this forum is not for debating your personal issues but for the discussion of more abstract and general topics. If the forum I linked isn't fitting, you could try this one:

General Struggles

Or just ask a moderator which forum would work best.
It's something to worry about. I did exactly what RC Sproul says the unforgivable sin is.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's something to worry about.
So [RIGHT NOW!] do exactly what John says,
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and
to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 NKJV​

YES, IT APPLIES TO YOU. DO IT, NOW!

Upvote 0

Nicholas Hylman

Jul 17, 2020
High Point
✟9,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So [RIGHT NOW!] do exactly what John says,
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and
to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 NKJV​

YES, IT APPLIES TO YOU. DO IT, NOW!
But RC Sproul says that once you say what I did, there's no hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RC Sproul's message does not apply to you in this context. Mine does!
If you are truly lost, then there is NO ONE who can help you.
If not (as you hope in coming here), I have told you what you need to do about it.
So, stop equivocating and repent, NOW!

Tell Jesus, "I'm sorry for calling you Satan and ask You to forgive me and wash me in Your Blood."

Just reading those words aloud will help.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saying anything against God is forgiveable if you're sorry ask to be forgiven and resolve to not do it again. If you do repeat the above. The unforgivable sin is unforgivable because it is an eternal sin. A sin committed in an eternal state of rebellion. If God has fully revealed Himself yet is still rejected what more can God do? This is the sin the fallen angels committed. It is the sin those rejecting Jesus were in danger of committing 2000 years ago.
You aren't doing that. God is ok with you getting angry at Him. Even if you say something stupid. You get back up and say sorry and ask for forgiveness. He will forgive seventy times seven times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subject to God

He died for us
Jun 13, 2021
Oslo
Visit site
✟13,547.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, I'm being truthful. This was not OCD. I use to say this a lot when I got angry. I would accuse God and Jesus of being Satan because at the time I felt like they were torturing me. I'm closer to God than I've ever been and have grown so much since but it seems like there's no forgiveness for me.

Gloria in excelsis Deo!

I know of this condition that you describe.

I was living in it for 11 years. Then God gave me a new infusion with the Holy Spirit and I was able to repent and receive peace with what I had done. I prayed, I cried, I wept, I said I was sorry time and time again. He did not let me go, that sin was to be punished thoroughly so I would learn not to hide in the deep and the dark what I had in mind in front of God.
Isaiah 29:15
Shortly after faith The Holy Spirit came upon me condemning computerplaying and marihuana abuse. I did not want to stop indulging in this activity because it is a very strong drug to fend of reality. Marihuana in itself is commonly referred to as a drug, but still thoughts and emotions are there to be handled, when I additionally played the computergames (Dota, WoW, CS, HOMM 3,4) I did not have to deal with myself. It was a complete circle of escape.
So The Holy Spirit came upon me from behind like a wind flowing over my upper body and head, and I knew in my heart I needed to stop smoking and playing. As I was very fond of this activity I did not want to give it up, and I knew that I could not fool Yahwe. So I constructed a lie wherein I would forget the prompting of The Holy Spirit and entered into it. The result was that I was free to play computergames with a clear conscience as I indeed forgot all about it in my consciousness. Though Yahwe was not fooled.
In this time I wanted information so I started to read the bible, and when I reached Isaiah 29:15 (I was reading from genesis), I remembered what I had done and realized that I was cursed. I tried to repent immediately, but there was no way to get a release from the curse (woe upon those who seek to hide in the deep...). I had to go 11 years before He gave me The Holy Spirit anew, and I was finally able to repent and stop playing computergames.
I think it was in late october 2019 in smoked the last joint of marihuana, and the last day I played computergames was 25 november 2019. I know this because this day was the day when Asbjørn Skjortnes preached and prayed for me.
The following day, 26 november when I woke up from sleep, I was going to open my laptop (wired to a 55" televison, it was a powerful gamingrig), but the life in me was so strong, I remember thinking: How can i keep this for myself? I need to share this with humanity. And so I did not hit the powerbutton and instead got my outer garments and left the apartment to go to the streets and preach the gospel of Christ.
For two days I was walking the streets of Oslo feeling like a big waterfountain, massive amounts of life just sprouting out of me.
Jesus say: I have came so that they may have life and life in abundance. The word abundance is in some of the original greek texts "perissos" which contain both superabundant in quantity and superior quality as well as adverbially violent. While it is a bit strange to think of life as violent, after all Jesus say He is mild and humble. Even though, I find it fitting to use that violent part as a description of the condition I was in. The love, the joy, maybe it is because The Holy Spirit was making war agianst my flesh, and any attemts of resistance was futile. Until the evening of 25 november 2019, I was using pronography daily, sometimes even several times a day. I have not used inappropriate contentography since. Neither have I defiled myself since.
Hallelujah!
TGBTG!
Gloria in excelsis Deo!

Be of good cheer.
Your time will come.

Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
KJV

Dont give up. God is good.

God bless you and keep you, God let His face shine upon you and give you peace.
In Jesu name i pray. Amen.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
in the sense that such a person would never seek forgiveness.

The original event was direct event witnessing Christ freeing someone of demonic possession, by the power of the Holy Spirit and the Pharisees saying that was not an action of the Holy Spirit, but rather of Satan. You have to be pretty backwards to call Good Evil when it is staring you in the face and directly rescuing someone. Basically screaming #FAKENEWS!!! in the face of an actively present God and Truth rather than admit you are wrong, kneel and repent.

You still have the ability to recognize good and not call it evil; you wouldn't worry about your salvation otherwise. Paul assisted in the stoning of Stephan who caused outrage speaking by the Holy Spirit (the stoners laid their coats at this feet), probably thinking they were doing good... and yet Christ met him directly. When he saw that Christ was Truth, he changed. And Christ didn't meet him in anger, He simply said "Saul, Saul, why are your persecuting me?" And the answer was, because Saul didn't realize who He was. But he did then.

Once, I was drunk and cursed God. When I came to on my couch, and the memories came back of my psychopathic outburst and the reasons and sins that spurred it, I was terrified to realize that such insanity and unholiness was in me - and slowly on reflection I realized in all my cursing and yelling I was calling Him exactly what I was. That was a revelation that was given to me by gift and grace. Today I don't call Him what I am, I ask Him to make me what He is.

We are forgiven my friend, and delivered from these things. They are exactly what He came to deliver us From. Keep walking with Him and toward Him, and they will be further and further behind. He is the source of Love, Mercy, Truth, Compassion, Holiness, Sanity, Light and many, many other things. We can't expect anything but the increasing absence of them when we walk away from Him. But when we do, He is always right behind us, calling for us to turn around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0