I Believe Out Loud

B

brightmorningstar

Of course people are welcome to church services, indeed I know Christians who have been to civil partnerships, but what if subsequently the sermon included teaching on faithful man/woman marriage, or even including the sin of homsoexual relationships? Are they and people who are committing adultery going to feel welcome then?
I suggest they are if their faith in the truth is greater than the faith in their current condition, because if they become disciples at some point as they grow they will have address the issue.
But I suspect this is propaganda to say that people in sinful activities are welcome to have the sinful activities accepted.

Upvote 0
E

EricOntario

Of course people are welcome to church services, indeed I know Christians who have been to civil partnerships, but what if subsequently the sermon included teaching on faithful man/woman marriage, or even including the sin of homsoexual relationships? Are they and people who are committing adultery going to feel welcome then?
I suggest they are if their faith in the truth is greater than the faith in their current condition, because if they become disciples at some point as they grow they will have address the issue.
But I suspect this is propaganda to say that people in sinful activities are welcome to have the sinful activities accepted.

Hmmm... is your post propaganda?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

EricOntario

I'm not sure if you're actually unaware of the social realities in that video or if you're being willfully blind, but the point of the video is that two married women who have a son come to church on Sunday and get a very cold welcome from the congregation. The priest welcomes them and sets an example that everyone should follow. It's not complicated. If you disagree, then you disagree, but please don't pretend that this is some kind of amazingly abstract principle that doesn't make sense. This isn't "propaganda", sadly, it's reality.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

EricOntario,
I'm not sure if you're actually unaware of the social realities in that video or if you're being willfully blind, but the point of the video is that two married women who have a son come to church on Sunday and get a very cold welcome from the congregation.
Two women can’t be considered married by a church fellowship, you need to get out of the worldly secular thinking. Two women cant have a son, you need to get into reality. Make sure you describe the child as one of the women’s son, or adopted/fostered.

The priest welcomes them and sets an example that everyone should follow.
The priest should welcome all people, so what is the message?

but please don't pretend that this is some kind of amazingly abstract principle that doesn't make sense. This isn't "propaganda", sadly, it's reality.
I am not pretending anything, in God’s purposes two women cant have a son and two women cant be married, the pretending is yours.

Any good church is going to be delighted at any visitors, especially if these two women think they are lesbians, opportunity beckons to lead them to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

brightmorningstar

EricOntario,
The reality is two women cant have a son, and there is no such thing as same-sex marriage in God's purposes, so you are hardly in a position to talk about reality.

Its quite clear, a church should welcome all, there should be no reason any group of people arent, unless of course they have the agenda in which case the more serious problem is people coming to church not to seek God but to promote their agenda.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Say a man and a child came into church, would the church welcome them? Yes of course. But say a man and a child came into church and the man was a known paedophile, would the church welcome them? No, for two reasons, because the secular law of the land as well as God's purposes are against such things and have child protection in place.
So tell me why two women in a same sex relationship with a child in tow should be welcomed into God's church when its against God's purposes?
The point is, they all would be welcomed but not in the capacity they are acting in.
The deception here is to make people think one must welcome people in their capacity rather than apart from their actions.

Upvote 0