I asked him to leave

Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's about the best place to start this.

Over the past two days i've thought out, spoken out, and written out, my thoughts. The other day I posted that I had found out that he had lied about a woman he had an affair with, and that got me started to think, I just cant do this any more.

So. We went for our drive, and I read my thoughts out. He got very defensive of course; he yelled, of course; he threatened, of course; I screamed, of course. But I kept my decision. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Then we came home, and he went downstairs and packed his things.

Then he came up and told the kids he was leaving. He told them I had asked him to leave. He told them that he had made some very bad decisions in the past, and those decisions dishonored me, and our family.

He told them he had cheated on me. He did not name names, or go into that kind of specifics, but he confessed his wrongdoing.

I kid you not, he stood there, and in actual humility and brokenness, he confessed to his family that he had betrayed his family. He wept, probably harder than I have ever seen him cry before. I saw true and heartfelt remorse tonight.

He stood and wept with each of our children, for the immense hurt he has caused each of them in their ways. He apologized and begged forgiveness from our sons for being a poor example of a man and husband. He wept bitterly with our daughter, for failing as a father to her, for being the poorest example of how a husband should conduct himself. He stood in front of me and wept even harder, and apologized for betraying me and our marriage. He said, the time for lying is over. He is planning to go to his parents, and his sister, and tell them as well. That's going to be very hard, my heart breaks for how he's going to place himself at their feet and at their mercy. He's making himself accountable to their disappointment and chastisement.

He is breaking himself of all that pride, and I'm absolutely stunned. It won't change the fact that I can't live with him beside me, because it causes me too much hurt. But I can pray even harder now for his restoration. Because now I think I can see it's going to be even more possible.

Another amazing night in MPs household.

dayknee

Mar 13, 2007
Indiana
✟16,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, just Wow! I read this and I just..Im sitting here crying..so hurt for you and the kids..Probably becuase I remember when I had to have husband leave. yes it was very hard becuase telling the kids and them being so hurt and upset is so painful. You are lucky in the fact that he shows remorse and is broken in a way that can cause change. My husband left screaming and yelling and calling me the devil.
I really hope this time apart can start a change. I hope that maybe you both can get into counseling with a good christian person. Right now I think it's important that you take some time for yourself and to be there for your children.
I also think you should seek good counsel from people who have been in your situation and have reconcilled. It's a very long road but one that I imagine would be worth the taking if your husband is indeed repentent and gets some counsleing. Take your time though. If things happen too fast he might feel left off the hook, so to speak.
I am praying for you for today MP and for you kids.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It remains to be seen if he'll put himself under an authority like our pastors or some kind of spiritual discipline. So far he's come clean with his families (parents/sister and me and our kids) and a couple of trusted friends, and the women themselves. He has said that his family were appropriately disappointed, and angry. So far his family is rallying around him, exactly as I expected, and telling him that HE needs to protect his interests, and kick ME out. Lordy. He also says that I may "get your wish" that he not have contact from the women, that they have deserted him, not that HE CHOSE not to have continued contact. I have not heard anything yet whether he's willing to do the hard work, the restoration, putting himself under the authority and accepting the actual discipline of our church, or even God Himself. That's what I'll be hoping and wishing and asking for from now on I suppose.

Before you jump all on my head and beat me up, I'm gonna tell you, he's coming back into the house for a few days, maybe as much as a couple of weeks. Neither of us has the money available to find a new apartment/house until someone gets paid. I have had an offer of a basement suite from a co-worker, and I'm going to talk to her more seriously about it this week. He even recognizes that I'll likely have more sympathetic offers of places to stay than he will.

Upvote 0

captiveheart

Sep 19, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
✟15,414.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember a breakup scene similar to yours only I was about 12 years old. I had never seen my father cry before and I had never seen him say he was sorry. My mother took me and my 10 year old sister to California to live with her brother. She got a job as a checker in a grocery store and we moved from our uncle's house into a little single wide trailer that did not have a shower. We had to bathe in the public showers. We had very little but it didn't matter. The time that the three of us lived in that trailer were the happiest of my childhood. My father was very hard to live with. He had an explosive temper and he wasn't shy about back-handing his children if he felt he needed to.

After a couple of months of what felt like real family, my mother sat us down and told us that we were moving back to Texas because she and my dad were getting back together. That was the most unhappy moment of my childhood. Life was awful. As much as my dad had cried and asked us to forgive him, you would think he would have changed. Not one bit.

I wouldn't rule out getting back together with him because God can do all things. I think your caution is smart. If God does the work in him and transforms him into a new man he can work in you and help you forgive and restore your love. I guess I'm just saying don't lock God out of the possibilities.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your husband is under God's authority, not yours. Until you grant him that he will fight your attempts at controlling him. Don't ask why. Don't say, 'but it isn't fair.'

It just is. Divorce him and he will be gone and your kids will end up to be well adjusted fathers, like me. :).

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that a threat or a promise AL? ;)

I have left him under God's authority as best I know how. I can only try to continue to pray for him and for his continued restoration. There's just got to be a long period of separation for ME, until I gain the strength in MYSELF to be able to have him near me again without falling back to very familiar habits with him.

Upvote 0

La Brown Eyes

Oct 31, 2008
✟7,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Million Pieces,

I, too, had to ask my H to leave. He was molested a child/young boy by male relatives and is now going through the process of remembering those acts. He had been talking on a gay chat line for over 4 years when I found out about it. He said he did it only to talk to men who understood his confusion/feelings and what he went through. It is very complicated but I stayed with him and set boundaries. One was to see a T and the other was to never call that number again. He saw a T for a couple of months and called the number again.

We had a very loving relationship. He was very affectionate and wonderful husband/father. Now I don't even recognize him. I have been told that this is all part of the process of a survivor of incest/sexual molestation. He has pushed me away and tells me it is over and will never want to get back together again.

I am Catholic and I believe I had an obligation to fight for my marriage. I just don't know how long I have to continue fighting before I can safely say to our Lord that I have done everything in my power to mend my marriage. It takes two to make a marriage work.

I don't know if my prayers alone are enough.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thank you,
La Brown Eyes:prayer::confused:

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I debated putting this here, or starting a new thread for it.

Here's how my life and my marriage are going right now. We're still together, and we have put away the plans to divorce. My husband as you know has confessed to having repeated affairs over the years, and that has cost all of my trust in him. But he has also committed to putting that past away, and completely repenting of it, he has shown undeniable evidence of that commitment. He has ended every inapporpriate relationship online, and has all but taken himself offline for now. He confesses that he still loves me in his heart of hearts. He is doing everything I ask, everything he can think of, to prove his sincerity toward me, and toward restoring our marriage. We have started meeting with our pastor for counseling, he's met with an accountability partner and will meet with another one, and I'm choosing a woman or two in our church to meet with for accountability. I am also meeting with a private counselor besides. We're not doing this alone. In fact, WE'RE not doing it at all, GOD is going to be doing it.

I have an incredibly long road ahead. We've been many years creating this mess, we'll probably be some years un-doing it. But we have an army of Godly people praying and taking us to His throne. I'm feeling very spiritually numb right now, and it's tough to pray, but even the prayers blindly tossed up in frustration and panic are still prayers.

MP
Glynnis

Upvote 0

5kidsdad

God is always good
Jul 15, 2008
✟15,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I debated putting this here, or starting a new thread for it.

Here's how my life and my marriage are going right now. We're still together, and we have put away the plans to divorce. My husband as you know has confessed to having repeated affairs over the years, and that has cost all of my trust in him. But he has also committed to putting that past away, and completely repenting of it, he has shown undeniable evidence of that commitment. He has ended every inapporpriate relationship online, and has all but taken himself offline for now. He confesses that he still loves me in his heart of hearts. He is doing everything I ask, everything he can think of, to prove his sincerity toward me, and toward restoring our marriage. We have started meeting with our pastor for counseling, he's met with an accountability partner and will meet with another one, and I'm choosing a woman or two in our church to meet with for accountability. I am also meeting with a private counselor besides. We're not doing this alone. In fact, WE'RE not doing it at all, GOD is going to be doing it.

I have an incredibly long road ahead. We've been many years creating this mess, we'll probably be some years un-doing it. But we have an army of Godly people praying and taking us to His throne. I'm feeling very spiritually numb right now, and it's tough to pray, but even the prayers blindly tossed up in frustration and panic are still prayers.

MP
Glynnis

MP,

God bless you...you do have a long road ahead, but you can make it with His help and guidance. Good that you both are seeking wise, Godly council. I have been praying for you, and wonderiong how you and your family have been doing. Keep praying...what you said is so true, even prayers blindly tossed up are still prayers. Keep believing, MP. He will see you through.

God bless,

5kd

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I

MP
Glynnis
Praise God! I've prayed for your family.

Upvote 0

Blackjeaned67

Occasional procurist of deep and meaningfuls...
Nov 24, 2008
parked in front of my laptop
✟15,225.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am MP's hubby.

I realize some of you may be sucking in a big breath, perhaps some are thinking, what nerve... I am new to CF, and I am here at MP's invite. It's part of her being open and honest with me about her thoughts, as I've been an open book to her about mine and what's going on in me. I have opened myself up to her so she can see my heart, shown her what's in my mind. No more hiding the truth, nor hiding from the truth.

God's grace is wonderful, isn't it? Prior to my confessions and repentance, I'd more or less been hard hearted, and determined I was done. I could say that I had no love in me at all for MP, but, the more I thought about it, the more I had to admit that the deep care, respect, and concern I had for her well-being was more. I found out that hey, I do love her. The care I had, love. God put us in church on the right Sunday morning where He used a Nerf bat to speak to me, to us both, actually, and change our hearts. My heart IS different. As MP said, I changed it all. I got rid of my facebook, my myspace, and 80% of my messenger contacts (anyone left is either family or stricly plutonic friends that she is welcome to contact.) I did it cuz I wanted to, not cuz she told me to. Repentence is a complete turning from sin. That's what I've done; and it's cuz I love MP. God has given me a chance to love her from a clean heart, a heart of forgiveness and love. She is my world again, like she used to be. It's growing in me, and I hope it grows so much more. She brings me happiness and joy. I don't deserve her forgiveness and grace, but she's extended it. Praise God!! Please keep praying for us, we need it greatly!!

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey baby. Thanks for joining in.

Guys, I realize I have a lot of sympathetic friends here, who will have a few choice words for him right now. I'm not sure what to advise about that, whether to say "go ahead, let 'er rip, he's a big boy", or "please be gentle, it's his first time". LOL

What I would say is go ahead and ask the questions you might want to, and say what's truly on your heart.

Psssst BJ, know what??

I love you.

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am MP's hubby.

I realize some of you may be sucking in a big breath, perhaps some are thinking, what nerve... I am new to CF, and I am here at MP's invite.

WHEW! So that gigantic sucking sound is my breath! I thought there was a vacuum cleaner left on somewhere! ^_^

It's part of her being open and honest with me about her thoughts, as I've been an open book to her about mine and what's going on in me. I have opened myself up to her so she can see my heart, shown her what's in my mind. No more hiding the truth, nor hiding from the truth.

I have a quick concern, and I hope you don't mind. Sometimes a person needs a place where they can say what they really, REALLY think and feel, and it may not be pretty. Now those of us reading know to some degree that they may not feel that way long-term and they're just venting...but actually reading some of those kinds of thoughts may be MIGHTY hurtful if they are about you.

Thus...I'm all for openness and transparency (in other words, letting your spouse see who you really, truly are) but this can be like a journal sometimes. Sooo...just warning ya. Check and see if MP needs a "safe place" somewhere okay?

God's grace is wonderful, isn't it? Prior to my confessions and repentance, I'd more or less been hard hearted, and determined I was done. I could say that I had no love in me at all for MP, but, the more I thought about it, the more I had to admit that the deep care, respect, and concern I had for her well-being was more. I found out that hey, I do love her. The care I had, love. God put us in church on the right Sunday morning where He used a Nerf bat to speak to me, to us both, actually, and change our hearts. My heart IS different. As MP said, I changed it all. I got rid of my facebook, my myspace, and 80% of my messenger contacts (anyone left is either family or stricly plutonic friends that she is welcome to contact.) I did it cuz I wanted to, not cuz she told me to. Repentence is a complete turning from sin. That's what I've done; and it's cuz I love MP. God has given me a chance to love her from a clean heart, a heart of forgiveness and love. She is my world again, like she used to be. It's growing in me, and I hope it grows so much more. She brings me happiness and joy. I don't deserve her forgiveness and grace, but she's extended it. Praise God!! Please keep praying for us, we need it greatly!!

Hey Blackjeans, let me be the first to welcome you here to CF and say that I do :prayer: pray that this change continues. I'm going to be honest--I've seen this kind of change before and it's not an instant change to sainthood but rather just looking at what you're doing one day and saying, "What am I DOING?" So many people are too prideful to admit that they made a mistake and then do the work to become a better person and make an amazing marriage. But I've seen it happen and it can be done!

However I'm going to be honest with you too. I'm glad you're here and that's a cool step--but I probably won't entirely trust you for a little while until you've proven yourself trustworthy by having your words and actions match. Now, I WILL remain open minded and give you the chance to prove that...but it won't be instant, okay? Just letting ya know.

Anyway, welcome to CF and welcome to Marriage Ministry! :thumbsup:

~FaithfulWife

Upvote 0